The Return of the Daedra

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:55 pm

Hello everyone. I'm Daniel a.k.a. Imperial_JerichoPhoenix. I've beaten both of the Xbox games of Elder Scrolls. I have to say each left me wanting more. As I sit and wait for the next installment, I'll write this fan-fiction here. This prologue is slightly shorter than what I hoped, but I don't have much time to write it. I have certain songs on some chapters that I feel make it better. I would advise you to listen to them.

The Return of Daedra

100 years have passed since the," Martyr Emperor", Martin, gave his life to forever end the Oblivion Gate threat. In the previous months, Daedra have found a way to get back into our world. The have seized nearly every city in Tamriel. Cyrodill is yet to be invaded. The Counts and Countesses have assembled their warriors to prepare for the impending attack. We don't when it will happen... But we know it will happen... Soon. Time is running out and our darkest hour is approaching. Prophecy has fortold of this war and of the savior that will bring about the end of all evil and lead all into a time of peace a prosperity.

"Imperial-blooded man of smithing and stabling will save the empire and seize the throne."

I fit this prophecy... My name is Cain Storm, and I will save my empire.
Jack

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:17 am

List of critiqueness:
1. Short. This forum is used to a much more lengthy document.
2. starting with a exposition that reveals everything as it is, here it is, and here's the main character is BORING. Reveal the prophecies later in the story, start your character off as a man struggling to survive the hell that is now Tamriel. Reveal through his experiences the dangers of the world, before exposing the prophecy that he will save the damned residents of Tamriel.
Nicholas

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:34 pm

Agreed. Way too dramatic, and Cain Storm is probably the most ridiculous name i have seen in a fan-fic to date.

...and that is saying something.

Sounds like if a tornado svcked up a truck carrying a load of walking-sticks.
Nicole Mark

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:28 pm

I highly doubt that was the whole fan-fic.

But I agree, Cain Storm does sound a little ridiculous, at least change the last name though. And find a unique way of spelling a name, like instead of 'Cain', spell it like 'Kayne'

Looks more Elder Scrollsy.
Bonnie Clyde

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:43 pm

"Take cover! A cane storm is a-comin'!"
Dj Matty P

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion