The Tick on Amazon Prime Video

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:14 pm

I usually watch a twitch.tv D&D game on Thursdays, but today it was not on. So I saw Twitch itself had something about "gaming talk" and thought I'd check it out. It was airing a 24hr Amazon Prime marathon. One show they are re-doing is The Tick.

It is very different from the old Saturday morning cartoon from the early 90's. In this episode (the pilot?), it seemed to center more around Arthur, The Tick's sidekick and Arthur's story is totally different. It looks interesting, but I don't know if it "grabbed me" like it could have.

For the 2 hours In watched, they showed only 2 shows, The Tick and another comedy with Jean-Claude Van Damme. Van Damme's show actually had me laughing quite a few times.

In it, Jean-Claude Van Damme is his "movie star" name, but he also has a "super spy" name, Jean-Claude Van Johnson. It starts with him retired, out of shape, no drive what-so-ever, and cupboards full of Pop-Tarts.

I'm not an Amazon Prime member, so will seek these shows out elsewhere later on.

Just thought any Tick fans may be interested, though I lacked any glorious review :)

Alada Vaginah

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:33 am

Great name. I am picturing a character who sings a song from "Brigadoon" while kicking butt with martial arts. :rofl:

Rik Douglas

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:44 am

Pretty close! :lol:

vanuza

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:59 pm

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNN!!!!!

I used to watch The Tick animated series back in the day, I loved that show it was so funny. Never saw the live version though.

Charleigh Anderson

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:46 am

Loved the 1990's cartoon! The live version suffered from legal disputes. Namely names. American Maid, Die Fledermaus, Sewer Urchin, et al had copyright claims by either Sunbow or Fox. So the live show had to create new pals for The Tick.

This new live show is quite different, with Arthur suffering from seeing his Father die horribly as a child and now on medication. Arthur still has his sister "Dot", or Dorothy, but she is now a competent paramedic rather than a simpering worry-wart :)

Annick Charron

Return to Othor Games