is there a danger WW could become the new Horse Armour?

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:17 pm

Anything that adds content to the game is a good thing for me - I liked the horse armour :goodjob:

but call me cynical........ :brokencomputer:

Why add more settlement stuff when the basics (resource numbers reporting wrong, bugged settlement attacks, wonky item placement, limited build space, uneven floors that you can't put stuff on unless you want them floating above ground or add concrete foundations which take up more build room etc) are so bugged??? Get the bugs ironed out with settlements before adding more stuff to an already floored mechanic?

Ain't no point me playing Automatron as the settlements are bugged (or have the major chance of being bugged) and if I remember rightly you have to have a settlement and be level 15 before even starting the DLC.

So WW is a waste of time for me as it is settlement based and no point getting it till the issues get fixed - if ever.

$$$$$$ DING :drool: DING $$$$$$$

Danii Brown

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:17 pm

it is what it is , u like it u buy it u don't then skip past

in my personal opinion i don't think these "horse armor" dlc's are good for the franchise in the long run

Katey Meyer

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:33 am

Well I'm looking forward to it. Like the direction Bethesda is going, adding in DLCs that add to the open world building and content richness aspects of the game, instead of a redundant constant stream of more stories and missions I'll complete and never play again, like everyone else does.

Yeah! I'm a OP superhero who just saved the world, let me go save some other part of the world again. And again. And again. :brokencomputer:

Eileen Müller

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:23 pm

WW will add new features were horse armor just added horse armor...... how is there a danger of one becoming the other?
Jonny

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:35 am

You must be tunnel visioning what you read to suit your opinion. I for one cannot wait for Pokemon Nuclear Green version to hit our Fallout 4.

Kortniie Dumont

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:42 am

Would be badass if WW added Deathclaw armor!

adam holden

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:03 pm

u're like a retired "super hero" :) .... spent u're whole life fighting evil and at the age of 80 u just want ...a beer

Marcin Tomkow

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:39 pm

You must be drunk mate, I couldn't care less about Automatron, I'm just waiting for WW and FH.

WW will finally offer the possibility to make something similar to Caesar's Legion :)

That and all the needed new structures and objects, because honestly I'm glad I'm on PC and can edit the workshop menu to add items I want. Can't say I'd like to be in a console pleb shoes lol. Having more real and solid structures can only be better.

Also, many players like the settlement system. Granted, it's far from perfect and lack in customization and options (check mods like Homemaker to get an idea about what people would like). The settlements thing is a huge part of the base game, you can't deny that.

Vicky Keeler

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:05 pm

Agreed. Right now I'm getting settlements that give incorrect readings until I go back to them, and so happiness will be up around the 80s and suddenly crash down to the 30s because they decide there's no water at the settlement. I have supply lines still established between the buggy settlements even though I've long removed the provisioners. It just makes me weary of putting the time in building stuff when the game isn't going to recognise what I've done. Sort the basics out before you complicate things even more.

pinar

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:01 am

They should have bundled it with some weapons or something, if I didn't own the season pass I'd skip the dog fighting dlc. As for the op, horse armor no, Hearthfire yes.

Brandon Wilson

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:24 am

ya thats what we need those [censored]s in suits of armor.....even though that would be badass....and then it would be even more badass if that armor came with a shoulder mounted plasma gun.
tegan fiamengo

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:49 pm

http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1597314-wasteland-workshop-is-so-cheap/

Natasha Biss

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:37 am

lovefool35 is referring that it just adds a arena and lets the Player Characters (PC's) tame the NPC's to fight in the arena.

That is not much content for the price that ZeniMax Media Inc., Bethesda Softworks, and Bethesda Game Studios are selling Wasteland Workshop for.

Both Automatron and Wasteland Workshop should just be free as a reward for the people who purchased Fallout 4 and will be purchasing Far Harbor.

Basically they are free if you consider the Season Pass, but outside of the Season Pass they are not free.

Auguste Bartholdi

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:26 am

You know, horse armor wasn't that bad... and there have been much worse, more outrageously priced dlc / microtransactions by other companies. It's kind of strange that we haven't moved on from that meme yet.

Lily Evans

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:02 pm

To be honest, the amount of content that WW is showing and how terribly bare-bones settlement building, this seems more like a slap to the face than anything else, to the point I'm shocked people would support this and not criticize the fact Settlement building feels like an beta in development. This should've been a free update to the settlement building as is.

Cassie Boyle

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:38 am

Pretty much the same thing was said about Automatron, and it had a bit more than advertised. Can we put the pitchforks and torches away at least until the damn thing is out?

sally coker

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:59 pm

i dont think no one care about it. Alot of ppl love the building on Fallout 4.

For me is just another addition to it. Right now anything the game add is a addition.

The WW is at part with Hearfire for Skyrim

Carlos Vazquez

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:24 am

How is that the same thing? what was said about Automatron was correct, it offers a decent amount, but I don't really think 10 dollars is truly worth it. Now if it was 5, I would agree, because that's what it feels like in comparison to other add-ons before.

-one quest

-several weapons

-a new crafting tool that is optional.

-couple armor sets.

The new issue is that the WW dlc, which specifically focuses on Settlement options, feels a bit ridiculous, considering Settlement building is extremely bare-bones as is. Some sort of update to give settlement building more life and ease to it would've been a better option, IMO. At least with the Settlement building free of bugs and more variety at the core would make for better feedback on WW. At least something, otherwise people are probably going to react in a negative fashion.

Kelvin Diaz

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:44 pm

Whatever amount of content Wasteland Workshop adds and the amount of content people say Automatron adds, both DLC's should be free.

Dj Matty P

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:44 pm

You are saying "That which has not been released, and therefore cannot be quantified, is insufficient for the price." The same thing that was bleated ad nauseam prior to Automatron's release.

sara OMAR

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:36 am

Automatron is released for sale and all of the things I read people saying as only having a 5 hour quest instead of a 10 hour quest or 10+ hour quest and no new landmass or extending the vanilla video game world map of Fallout 4 just a little bit. Automatron should be free since it doesn't have any of those.

Wanda Maximoff

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:29 am

Good for you. You have an opinion on something that is out, and therefore eligible for judgement.

Can we stop with judging things that AREN'T out yet?

alyssa ALYSSA

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:38 am

Folks acting like that $5 risk is life or death. Seriously, it's 5 [censored] dollars. If you genuinely get upset over lack of content on a $5 investment (In a video game, to boot), the rest of your life is going to be rocky.

Spend the $5, play the DLC, move on with life.
Cartoon

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:43 pm

I don't think my life is going to be rocky complaining about a $5 dollars (USD) DLC. I have been complaining about the Horse Armor DLC's all the way since 2006 for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and even more since 2009.

It's about the video game publishing companies and video game development companies giving the people who purchased their video game(s) value and a reward for purchasing their video game(s). The DLC's should be given out for free and only Far Harbor should be sold and any other expansion packs that are the size of Far Harbor or equivalent should be sold in the future.

Ash

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:16 pm

I am really looking forward to this DLC, so add me to the growing list of "no one's" who are very interested in it. Hearthfire was one of my favorite Bethesda DLC's and I love anything that has to do with settlement building. Lately, I've been immersed in this game, Stardew Valley, and imagining all the cool features that could be added and expanded in FO4's settlements. While I have a lot of respect for most modders, many of us cannot or will not use mods and only want official Bethesda content, so just because "you" may use all of these imaginary mods that are already doing the exact same thing as WW, or while "you" are not interested in settlements, there are a number of us who are and who do want this sort of content in our games.

Maybe it's not all about what "you" want, but about all of us.

Jani Eayon

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 4