Thieves Guild... Misc Quest: "The Numbers Job"

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:00 pm

How many times can i do these misc quests from Vex and... his name escapes me...

But i remember one of them called the Numbers Job... and ive done 3 already... i thought they would go away so i could do the other ones... but they don't?

Are these quests endless??? Do they keep going???

I Am just talking about the ones given to you by the people in the flaggered? flagon? something like that?

I have to say at first i hated the quest in the thieves guild but now they're really fun:P
Taylah Illies

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:46 am

Yes, these quests never end. However, once you do 4-5 (I forget) of these in any of the major cities, you get a special mission in that city.
loste juliana

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:38 pm

Keep doing them, you are well on your way to becoming the Master of the Thieves Guild. If you do five missions in each of the major cities you will get a special mission from DELVIN MALLORY that involves a noble from that town, upon completion The TG establishes themselves in that town and you gain access to another Fence to selll your blagged items.

Establish this in all four major ciities, Markarth, Whiterun, SOlutide, and Windhelm then you can become guild master. I think you have to have done the Nightingale quests as Karliah is there when you are inducted as Guil Master. The armor you get is pretty fresh too...

Good luck my friend. I am the master of the guild now and it rocks. Also, you gain access to a chest called the Guild Master's Tribute and they leave tribute for you in there periodically...
Lauren Graves

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:18 am

Also, you gain access to a chest called the Guild Master's Tribute and they leave tribute for you in there periodically...

Does the Mages or Companions have anything like this? I've looked but nothing stands out. Companions especially should have something like this.
Quick draw II

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:06 pm

Does the Mages or Companions have anything like this? I've looked but nothing stands out. Companions especially should have something like this.
I do not believe so...In the mage college you do get The title of Archmage and you also get the Archmage clothing which from what I saw is quite powerful...I do not know if you get anything like that in the companions as I do not roll with werewolves. Oh yeah, once you finish the mage college quests and gain the rank of Archmage, you also get the quarters of the archmage for you...
Gill Mackin

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:21 pm

Yes the RAI quests are endless.

If you do a certain amount of them i the same city as stated above, then you get a special mission to "restore the thieves guild to it's former glory".
Maddy Paul

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:51 am

These quests are the reason why I never bothered to complete the TG questline after restoring thee Twilight Sepulcher.

You need to constant travel to other cities, they're easy and boring and need to reload a lot of times to get the right one for a certain city I still have to win influence back.
Je suis

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:13 am

These quests are the reason why I never bothered to complete the TG questline after restoring thee Twilight Sepulcher.

You need to constant travel to other cities, they're easy and boring and need to reload a lot of times to get the right one for a certain city I still have to win influence back.
I did them while doing other quests or exploring the area, After some doing some of the special quests you reload until you get the right city.
Petr Jordy Zugar

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:31 pm

There's a great many repeatable quests in Skyrim where the quest is partially random-generated (A heist job might involve anyone's house for any random object. A numbers job may direct you to any number of buisnesses, different holds offer random mercenary contracts to kill stuff, the mages guild directs you to hunt down various tomes and books for it's library and so on...)

Trying to "finish them all" is a fools errand, they're better used as a way of getting some extra cash (and experience) by doing them while you're in the area rather than going out of your way for them
KiiSsez jdgaf Benzler

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:10 am

Why do people think it is necessary to reload if they get a quest for the "wrong" city? Just telling the quest giver you don't want to do that job and asking for another works perfectly well. They will moan a bit but will oblige with a fresh quest.

The Thieves Guild quest line does get a bit repetitive but it is highly profitable and the long term benefit of having buyers (of anything) in each of the major cities with 4k to spend every two days makes the whole thing worthwhile.
Cameron Wood

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:30 am

Why do people think it is necessary to reload if they get a quest for the "wrong" city? Just telling the quest giver you don't want to do that job and asking for another works perfectly well. They will moan a bit but will oblige with a fresh quest.

The Thieves Guild quest line does get a bit repetitive but it is highly profitable and the long term benefit of having buyers (of anything) in each of the major cities with 4k to spend every two days makes the whole thing worthwhile.

This is very true. Just keep track of what jobs in what cities Vex and Delvin give you (a sheet of paper and a pencil work wonders). So if Vex tells you to sweep Mjoll's house again, tell her you don't want to. I think it's five unique quests for each city, but I didn't keep a close account. Once you are Guild Leader you'll no longer have the prompt to talk to them in your journal. You can be as lazy as they are!
Jason White

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:56 pm

One reason to try to get both quests in the same city at once: a Bedlam job from Delvin (steal 500 gold worth of items) and a Sweep job from Vex (steal three items from a house) will complement each other nicely. Usually the Bedlam job is completed when you steal the second item for Vex's job.

Edit: I plan to run a bunch of Bedlam jobs sequentially, and then sell all the loot to Tonilia to save up cash for a house purchase. Might as well kill two birds with one stone :)
candice keenan

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:43 am

I do not believe so...In the mage college you do get The title of Archmage and you also get the Archmage clothing which from what I saw is quite powerful...I do not know if you get anything like that in the companions as I do not roll with werewolves. Oh yeah, once you finish the mage college quests and gain the rank of Archmage, you also get the quarters of the archmage for you...

Spoiler

You can use the Skyforge to make Skyforge steel weapons and ancient nord armor... both of which will likely be useless by the time you earn the priveledge. It also assumes that your character is a smith... but there you have it.
Silencio

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:06 am

Delvin and Vex offer a list of "extra" jobs for an unlimited length of time.

You can ALWAYS continue to do them. They haven't closed for me and Vex still harasses me about getting my butt working. It's kinda frustrating to tell the truth, being as I'm singlehandedly doing all the work AND I'm her boss... but... some people are just like that, huh? lol

You're only going to HAVE to do the "extra work" jobs until you've done a total of 5 jobs of any kind for either Vex or Delvin in any combination in each of the 5 main holds and open up the "special" job that's a radiant quest in each hold.

Completing each speical job gives an extra vendor in the Ragged Flaggon and expands the influence of the guild, and also opens up a new "patron" in each city and gives you a fence in that hold.
Spaceman

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:48 am

Delvin and Vex offer a list of "extra" jobs for an unlimited length of time.

You can ALWAYS continue to do them. They haven't closed for me and Vex still harasses me about getting my butt working. It's kinda frustrating to tell the truth, being as I'm singlehandedly doing all the work AND I'm her boss... but... some people are just like that, huh? lol

You're only going to HAVE to do the "extra work" jobs until you've done a total of 5 jobs of any kind for either Vex or Delvin in any combination in each of the 5 main holds and open up the "special" job that's a radiant quest in each hold.

Completing each speical job gives an extra vendor in the Ragged Flaggon and expands the influence of the guild, and also opens up a new "patron" in each city and gives you a fence in that hold.

LOL
Kayla Bee

Post » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:25 pm

Vekel: "So, you're Brynjolf's new protege?"

The fences are quite handy. More gold and they aren't as fussy about what you sell them, even without the perk in speech. My trouble is that I always forget about the one in the Honningbrew Meadery Black-Briar Meadery West, lol.
u gone see

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:29 am

The College of Winterhold doesn't have nearly the vast array of random quests the Thieves Guild does, but they do have a few endless misc quests, the ones I know of are:

- Aftershock (dealing with magical anomalies from the Eye of Magnus; even long after the main story is over, you can continuously get more Aftershock quests from Tolfdir)
- Fetching rare books from dangerous ruins for the orc librarian.
- Retrieving an item from a client to be enchanted by Arniel Gane.
Amy Gibson

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:51 am

I was disappointed the new merchants in the Ragged Flagon aren't Fences. One guy claims to be a master at archery, but has hardly any good bows at all, one or two Ebony... while Tonilia has the Daedric Bow of Stunning, phew! I should sell my poorly enchanted Daedric Bow of Burning for that bad boy...
Chris Cross Cabaret Man

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:51 am

Agreed! I did 6 last night for both Vex and Delvin and he finally gave me an actual City Quest to do. I did that by forging a document and getting a guy released from jail, then it's back to the grind!

I find the construction/execution of these quests really tedious.
Despite the fact that I am the Dragonborn, have outsmarted Daedric gods, helped another, Nocturnal and become a Nightingale, I am treated like a mere errand boy!

Brynjolf won't even give me the time of day, even though it was my efforts that got HIM elevated to Guild Master (for now).
Last night I was trying to do a bedlam? side job in Markarth last night and despite the fact that I had pilfered over 500 in gold in possessions (mostly through pickpocketing), the game did not register that I had hit this mark.
I may bail on that and try another sidejob. I really wish Bethesda had cut back the number of side jobs or had you do it BEFORE you restore the Skeleton Key to Nocturnal, that would flow better and make more sense...
Kelvin

Post » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:05 am

Keep doing them, you are well on your way to becoming the Master of the Thieves Guild. If you do five missions in each of the major cities you will get a special mission from DELVIN MALLORY that involves a noble from that town, upon completion The TG establishes themselves in that town and you gain access to another Fence to selll your blagged items.

Establish this in all four major ciities, Markarth, Whiterun, SOlutide, and Windhelm then you can become guild master. I think you have to have done the Nightingale quests as Karliah is there when you are inducted as Guil Master. The armor you get is pretty fresh too...

Good luck my friend. I am the master of the guild now and it rocks. Also, you gain access to a chest called the Guild Master's Tribute and they leave tribute for you in there periodically...

Not only that, but if your game doesn't glitch on you, once you're Guild Master and did all the city influence jobs, you also get 3 thieves caches in each of the 5 major holds. These are barrels with a shadowmark on them labeled "Thieves Cache". They usually have some good loot in them (like deadric arrows or deadly level poisons etc.)

Problem is, most people aren't aware of them and some of them are not in the open. And they don't always spawn in each city because of a glitch. I only got them in 2 of the 5 cities and only one city (Riften) re-spawns regularly.

The only reason I knew about them is because I have the game guide which tells you where they are all located.
oliver klosoff

Return to V - Skyrim