Things We Know About Skyrim

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:17 am

Ok, So far we know:

Skyrim is a direct sequel of Oblivion [http://www.huliq.com/10177/bethesda-unveils-elder-scrolls-v-confirms-direct-sequel-oblivion]

Skyrim has dragons [TES Twitter]

Skyrim will be available on PC/PS3 and Xbox 360 [Game informer]

Skyrim is Single Player. [Game informer] [http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim/b/ps3/default.aspx]

It will use a New Game Engine

And Skyrim will be released on the 11th of November 2011 [Trailer]

The game will Retail at 59.99 USD on all platforms [Gamestop]
Retail at 39.99GBP for PC and 54.99GBP [Game UK]
inconstancies here however currently Gamestop is the only recommended retailer on the main site.

Now, that's the summary of what I know, does anyone have anything I've missed?
Emmie Cate

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:04 am

We don't know its a direct sequel. The correct translation was "chronological sequel," and even that is just a rumor.
QuinDINGDONGcey

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:11 pm

Ok, So far we know:

Skyrim is a direct sequel of Oblivion

Skyrim has dragons

Skyrim will be available on PC/PS3 and Xbox 360

Skyrim is Single Player.

It will use a New Game Engine (one that will make it feel like a next gen game no-less)

And Skyrim will be released on the 11th of November 2011

Now, that's the summary of what I know, does anyone have anything I've missed?

You added some rumor to the facts. The direct sequel was a misquote of a rumor, single player or multiplayer hasn't been mentioned, and we haven't seen the new engine, only heard tell about it.
Sherry Speakman

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:11 pm

We don't know its a direct sequel. The correct translation was "chronological sequel," and even that is just a rumor.

It comes after Oblivion, and the events of Oblivion have affected Skyrim, so it makes it a direct sequel, or chronological sequel in that sense (teaser says it all). What Skyrim isn't is a "true sequel."

-You forgot to mention that the most important character of this game is going to be Dovakiin, regardless if he is the player or not.

@Tegentoppa - I can promise you no game by Bethesda will ever have multiplayer as a feature (that's why ZeniMax Online was created). They make single player games only.
Jose ordaz

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:38 am

It comes after Oblivion, and the events of Oblivion have affected Skyrim, so it makes it a chronological sequel in that sense (teaser says it all).

-You forgot to mention that the most important character of this game is going to be Dovakiin, regardless if he is the player or not.

We don't know that either! We don't! That trailer likely made a point to show as little as possible beyond title and release date.
carrie roche

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:46 am

We don't know that either! We don't! That trailer likely made a point to show as little as possible beyond title and release date.

The impact of the Oblivion gates (specifically the Septim line ending) has specifically affected the return of the dragons. There really is no other way to interpret this. We know for a fact this game comes after Oblivion. Whether it's 6 years after (like Oblivion was to Morrowind), right after The Infernal City, or 200 years after as Bethesda briefly mentioned, who knows.
Victoria Bartel

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:29 am

We don't know there will be dragons, they may be symbolizing something, we know Skyrim is in civil war (or was that before?)

I looked up "direct sequel" on google to see what the real definition was and it came up with 3 pages of "Elder Scrolls V, a direct sequel?" haha
Sarah Knight

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:20 am

The impact of the Oblivion gates (specifically the Septim line ending) has specifically affected the return of the dragons. There really is no other way to interpret this. We know for a fact this game comes after Oblivion. Whether it's 6 years after (like Oblivion was to Morrowind), right after The Infernal City, or 200 years after as Bethesda briefly mentioned, who knows.

That doesn't make it direct. And that's moot. I'm talking about the Dragonborn. All we know is that a Dragonborn will be involved in we-know-not-what capacity. If he's like the last one, he'll sit giving quests while the player does the important stuff then take all the credit.
Benito Martinez

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:32 am

The impact of the Oblivion gates (specifically the Septim line ending) has specifically affected the return of the dragons. There really is no other way to interpret this

There is. The Invasion could serve as a trigger, but we do not know what the bomb's timer was, so we can't say when it exploded. 2 years after Oblivion? 10 years? 30 years? 50 years? A Dragon Brake?

We don't know there will be dragons

We do. It's been confirmed on Twitter.

"There Will Be Dragons". Nothing else is known.
Angus Poole

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:41 pm

Ok, i'll try to add references where I can for you guys
BlackaneseB

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:40 pm

Is the $59.99 price confirmed or just a guess for the PC version? It might just be a placeholder price, but I guess we'll see.

DLC had better not come too soon after launch if it's $59.99 for the PC, because planned DLC so close to release with an expensive price like that would not sit well with me. Actually planned DLC in general doesn't sit well with me, because I feel that should be done after the game is finished and sold as a complete package.
Gen Daley

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:02 pm

That doesn't make it direct. And that's moot. I'm talking about the Dragonborn. All we know is that a Dragonborn will be involved in we-know-not-what capacity. If he's like the last one, he'll sit giving quests while the player does the important stuff then take all the credit.

You can interpret direct all you like, but it is a sequel as it comes after Oblivion and has been affected by it. Also it doesn't matter what Dragon Born does in the game. The point is he is the main focus, as the teaser trailer has specifically set that up. He is the threat, regardless if the player is him or not.
Danny Warner

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:01 am

There is. The Invasion could serve as a trigger, but we do not know what the bomb's timer was, so we can't say when it exploded. 2 years after Oblivion? 10 years? 30 years? 50 years? A Dragon Brake?

We do. It's been confirmed on Twitter.

"There Will Be Dragons". Nothing else is known.

More than likely Skyrim will take place after The Infernal City (200 years after Oblivion has been the long-standing rumor). Considering the dragonfires were not lit, and the Empire is crumbling (the Septims are also from Skyrim), much evidence points to the Septim's end as a direct result of the dragons. It's mere speculation at this point, but there is no better claim made.
Phillip Brunyee

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:31 pm

I know two things that I have read from interviews with Todd:

BGS do not make multi-player games.

They use their altered copy of the GameBryo engine, but they have touched almost all the aspect of it and changed a lot of its components so much that you can call it a new engine.

He said that they have extracted all the part of the engine, one by one, and retouched them or altered them or overhauled them, and then put them back.
TIhIsmc L Griot

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:06 pm

I think dragons are symbolization of a akaviri invasion. I doubt daedric creatures or actual dragons will be main adversaries in this game..that wouldn't be too original. I think bethesda figures its time for a unique story line and not just closing oblvion gates or fighting a dragon.
Mizz.Jayy

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:38 pm

You can interpret direct all you like, but it is a sequel as it comes after Oblivion and has been affected by it. Also it doesn't matter what Dragon Born does in the game. The point is he is the main focus, as the teaser trailer has specifically set that up. He is the threat, regardless if the player is him or not.

How do you know? The Dragon Born could be an old dead warrior, that defeated the dragons before and you have to learn his secrets, or you could be him reincarnated.
Manuela Ribeiro Pereira

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:24 pm

You added some rumor to the facts. The direct sequel was a misquote of a rumor, single player or multiplayer hasn't been mentioned, and we haven't seen the new engine, only heard tell about it.

hopefully the references helped clear things up?
ZzZz

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:15 am

Hi I am new on this forum but a fan of the elder scrolls series :obliviongate:

I am from Latino America so my english is not good enought, but my question is if the new TES V will realease for the PS3 XBOX 360 system, that means that the graphic level will not be awesome like the graphic change between Morrowind and Oblivion.
this beacuse will not be a game for the next generation of systems, what doy you think about that?
I really want to see a TESV whit gorgeous graphic and a good game play. :sadvaultboy:
They maybe would wait until next generation of consoles for to see a new graphic level. :brokencomputer:
Emily Graham

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:25 pm

How do you know? The Dragon Born could be an old dead warrior, that defeated the dragons before and you have to learn his secrets, or you could be him reincarnated.

The Elder Scrolls foresaw the conflict was coming, yet all denied it. I doubt Bethesda will do the reincarnated scenario again as that was already used in Morrowind. The stone tablet Bethesda used more than likely was giving a historical sense of where the game would go and who would be involved. Dragon Born appears to be the direct threat to the dragons. How Bethesda implements that is anyone's guess.
Mimi BC

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:28 pm

I am from Latino America so my english is not good enought, but my question is if the new TES V will realease for the PS3 XBOX 360 system, that means that the graphic level will not be awesome like the graphic change between Morrowind and Oblivion.
this beacuse will not be a game for the next generation of systems, what doy you think about that?
I really want to see a TESV whit gorgeous graphic and a good game play. :sadvaultboy:
They maybe would wait until next generation of consoles for to see a new graphic level. :brokencomputer:

Unfortunately I have lost the reference so you'll just be taking my word for it, but I have read that the engine will be making the game look like it IS on next generation hardware.
Devin Sluis

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:00 pm

I think the graphics will definitely look a lot more polished, detailed, and crisp in regards to Oblivion. Everyone has to remember that Oblivion is still a next gen game, even if it was one of the first ones.

I'm glad Skyrim will not be for the next generation of systems. For one, Bethesda won't have the same issues they had developing Oblivion, and the industry was moving way too fast and would soon become unaffordable for a lot of consumers.

I don't think you have to worry about graphics friend. More than likely they will be a lot better than Oblivion in terms of detail.

The next generation of consoles won't be for another 5 years, so that's not going to happen. If you really want the best graphic performance, you may want to think about investing into PC.

Also xeiom is right due to the fact this game from the mouth of Todd Howard himself. If he says the game looks like it should be on the next generation of consoles, he is probably telling the truth.
Adrian Morales

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:31 pm

-This game will have one piece suits of armour

-The skill sets will be limited to 3 skills (Magic/Fighting/Stealth)

-You're going to be forced to fast travel to different parts of the map

-Dragons will be mounts

-The only enemies will be wolves
Anna Beattie

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:58 pm

Spoil all the secrets why dont you...
Charlotte X

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:12 pm

Also xeiom is right due to the fact this game from the mouth of Todd Howard himself. If he says the game looks like it should be on the next generation of consoles, he is probably telling the truth.

Wow really Todd Howard said that?
Well you right to say that the graphic level wiil be better than in Oblivion, and if we see the new games in graphic terms are awesome
crysis 2, Rage, and others looks like like as the new generation is already here.

I hope the graphic detail will be awesome to TES V Thaks for your answer friends Greetings since Mexico :celebration: :celebration:
Naomi Lastname

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:10 pm

-This game will have one piece suits of armour

-The skill sets will be limited to 3 skills (Magic/Fighting/Stealth)

-You're going to be forced to fast travel to different parts of the map

-Dragons will be mounts

-The only enemies will be wolves

:sadvaultboy: :ahhh:
Tyler F

Next

Return to V - Skyrim