I think I may have found a little trick - settlement bodies.

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:51 pm

I notice this same thing with the settlers I slaughtered at Covenant. Each time I visit, their bodies have fresh caps, ammo & clothes. They are all naked, their clothes just reappear in their inventory. O.o

Thinking it may have to do with the Cap Collector & Scrounger perks. Still baffled about the clothes though!
Cat Haines

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:02 pm

Not sure what you mean by function? If you're asking how you move them just use grab - hold A.
Celestine Stardust

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:30 pm

So I should chop off the dead ghouls into pieces before I thrown them into Brahmin manger?

..because they always somehow crawl back out of there...

Evaa

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:51 pm

That's what I was going to say. I've been working with Sunshine Tidings recently and can't get over how stupid the designers were for making the corpses do that. There's one in all but ONE cabin making them useless (unless you think your settlers wouldn't mind a rotting corpse where they sleep). There's one ghoul that's draqed over a table, and I moved him away and took the table to another building. Guess what... the ghoul respawned draqed over the table, except it wasn't there so he just draqed himself in thin air.

This stupidity pales to Murkewater where a mirelurk queen keeps respawning. A LIVE one.

His Bella

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:29 am

Yep. I have 6 missile launchers aimed at the spawn site. Whenever I zone in or get close to the settlement, I hear the rockets and know that another Queen is ready for looting.

Skivs

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:49 pm

Yeah well, just found out IT AIN'T WORKING sorry.

Yep, all of them back EXCEPT the legendary which I couldn't at first move, he's still out in the bush with his head so there's at least that. I'm thinking like the fella said before ONLY the ones you kill - I thought it was me that killed them all but on reflection I'm not quite sure, in fact not sure of anything IT DON'T MAKE SENSE.

And just like you bud, I too have the floating corpse where a table once was.

This crap really disappoints me, makes settlement building where's there's bodies hardly worthwhile. I was gonna make Sunshine Sidings one of my major, major settlements with traders and all, it's set up perfectly for it except the immovable bodies.

Really lost all enthusiasm for even trying now, just gonna leave the settlements I cleared with the bare minimum and not bother trying to free anymore of them. Dumb, dumb, dumb glitch, makes the whole settlement mechanic futile. But hey, let's fix wiring and concrete block glitches because they were actually useful, wouldn't want that - throw in some more immoveable dead stuff while you're at it Beth.

Sorry for the bad tip - BUT you can still play reunite the head for the fun of it!... until they fix that because it's... you know... fun. And we can't have that can we.
Emily Graham

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:30 pm

Well, its still not a bad spot. There's lots of room for crops and two big sheds. I built a couple of small cabins for the settlers in between the buildings and walled off the other gaps, so I'm using the cabins as a perimeter, and walled up the doors of the cabins with the rug glitch. Super mutants patrol through there and its always fun to see your defenses tested. So its not a bad spot, its just not as good as it could be.

Rusty Billiot

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:23 pm

Do you think they do it deliberately or is it just carelessness?

Multi Multi

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:49 pm

Those dang respawning dead body's in Croup Manor, so annoying. Every few days I'll have to drag 6 or 7 of them out of there. usually I'll just drop them off just outside my from gate and either throw a grenade or land mine in the pile or use the Experimental Fat Man and send them flying in all directions just for fun.

Miss Hayley

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:54 am

Games are complex systems. Human nature is such that we never see everything that went right and focus entirely on what went wrong. In the case of the Queen of the construction site...along with persistent or respawning bodies...I think it's something that slipped through the cracks.

Business is complex as well. All of the designers, programmers and testers probably hate it when things get past them, but are under pressure from the bean counters in Accounting to get a product out the door. Once out the door, the Accountants figure the Programmers can fix things as they have time. Then it becomes an issue of fixing the big problems first. Since 6 Missile Launchers fixes the Queen problem I'd guess it went from unintended bug to feature.

Genocidal Cry

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:31 pm

I know this will not help console users, but is there a solution that works on pc? No mod, but maybe a console command.

Right now i conceal dead bodies with floors on top. Not pretty :-(
Solène We

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:48 pm

You can use 'disable'. The bodies are still there, just invisible.

Lavender Brown

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:52 am

I haven't tried it in the latest patch, but back in v1.2 you could equip clothes on corpses by pressing the T button(or whatever you use to equip items on followers/settlers). You know, just in case you'd like to play dress-up with Deacon's corpse.

Eilidh Brian

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:58 pm

Off-topic here, but...

As an accountant, I want to set the record straight on budgetary issues for 99% of all projects out there: the pressure you're talking about above generally comes from Project Management, not us 'bean counters'. Accountants aren't in charge of taking a product from design to development to QA to implementation. That's the job of a project manager. Get one who is inept at managing people (which is most of them, to be honest... there needs to be a college credential in the MBA programs today just for learning how to manage time schedules, budgets, and the psychology of people, because this is the #1 weakness of most corporations today -- weak project managers) and you end up with the pressure push that you refer to above to get it done on time, under budget. Accounting's job is to remind project managers of the real numbers involved in their project...and that the CEO is going to be pissed off if they go over the amount he/she and the CFO have already approved for that project. We don't have control of actual projects, though. That's outside the scope of most accountant's skill set (give us a job to balance 5000 accounts to assure there's enough money in the bank to actually pay employees, or to trace back where someone in the chain is embezzling money to stop them, or assure the IRS is satisfied that we're properly filing their million and a half bureaucratic forms every six months, and we're the ones you call on). I'm going to bet you a $100 that this is the case for Bethesda's internal workings as well. Putting an accountant in charge of a project is, IMHO, marketing & business suicide (unless they're that rare 1% who actually know how to juggle projects and people).

Just to set the record straight, of course. :)

D LOpez

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:52 pm

I probably used accounting a little to frivolously there. You are correct, of course, but the point is still the same. Regardless of where the pressure comes from, there are still firm deadlines and budgets that dictate what goes out the door and when it ships. The fact that accounting is the one pointing out the costs doesn't make it their fault.

Melis Hristina

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:10 pm

I was able to move the two dead brahmin at Taffington Boathouse using the junk gate. Normally they're too heavy to move. Shooting them or trying to use explosives also won't work. You just set the gate down in front of them and open it push their body. It's tedious work as you have to constantly pick up and reposition the gate, but I was able to push them completely off the build space.

Alan Whiston

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:36 pm

Little things?????

It drives me crazy to see settlers sleeping with dead ghouls in their bedrooms - just ain't logical. Who would do that?

I don't think it's little, I think it's a massive oversight.

There is a mod to remove dead ghouls etc., already, but not humans.

Trey Johnson

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:49 am

Also use 'markfordelete' before or after 'disable'

Then it should remove the body when the cell refreshes.

Rusty Billiot

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:07 am

They should at least let us build a giant meant grinder, or wood chipper to clear bodies and fertilize our crops.....

Natalie Harvey

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:10 pm

The whole thing with the dead bodies would make me stop playing if I was a console guy. I couldn't play this game with out "disable" and "markfordelete".

ZzZz

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:50 pm

Having random limbs about fits my raider theme
Chloe Botham

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:14 pm

I agree that the bodies kind of ducks for us console players. I don't see why the bodies can't be scrapped for bone, especially the skeletons, while in workshop mode.

Granted I've used bodies at the factories to get loot down when it was too heavy for me to carry by loading up a body and then dropping it over the catwalk to fall to the ground or a lower level.
Horse gal smithe

Previous

Return to Fallout 4