this game is broken beyond imagination

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:18 am

ok this is not news but i just got reminded of it. dont even know where to start but even after the patch its like 50% of this game doesnt work. this is definitely the last obsidian game i bought. i even tolerated alpha protocol and tried to have a positive view on it but fallout:nv is just too much. so sorry Dungeon siege 3 i always loved that series but i can already say fu obsidian for screwing it up. you are the uwe boll of game developers. f:nv should never have released in its actual state.
Eileen Collinson

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:55 am

I'm not having any issues with the latest patch. Maybe I'm just lucky.
Tanya

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:45 pm

I've had no problems playing New Vegas and I'm not using the patch.
Lance Vannortwick

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:12 pm

Not everyone has the problems you do.
And I'm not gloating or anything, I'm saddened that the game isn't working for some people and sincerely hope that their versions are fixed by a future patch.
But the game isn't broken for the majority of players.

And if anything you should blame Bethesda.
They did the QA and they were the one's the forced the game out the door too soon.
If Obsidian had just been given a couple of more months then it would have been as polished as/more polished than Fallout 3.
Miguel

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:38 pm

Not everyone has the problems you do.
And I'm not gloating or anything, I'm saddened that the game isn't working for some people and sincerely hope that their versions are fixed by a future patch.
But the game isn't broken for the majority of players.

And if anything you should blame Bethesda.
They did the QA and they were the one's the forced the game out the door too soon.
If Obsidian had just been given a couple of more months then it would have been as polished as/more polished than Fallout 3.

Easily more polished then Fallout 3, if Bethesda gave Obsidian two more months to fix the game we'd be begging Bethesda to just allow Obsidian to develop Future Fallout Games.

The Next patch should be the big one that fixes what needs to be fixed.
Yvonne

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:49 am

I agree with this post. The framerate svcks, it is constantly freezing and the load times are horrible. I bought this game because how cool Fallout 3 was. In the first part of the game it was fun but after I got to Novac it was like the game fell apart. How does this happen? The game is using the same engine as Fallout 3 so one would think that it would be more stable then Fallout 3 given that they have had more time with the engine but the complete opposite is true. I will think twice about buying another Fallout again.
Sweets Sweets

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:28 am

On the 360 it's just fine. Even before the patches I had only a few issues - nothing that broke the game.
Jessica Phoenix

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:18 am

Not nearly having the trouble you are OP.

In 25 hours Ive had 2 freezes.
Clea Jamerson

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:43 pm

you are the uwe boll of game developers

You take that back! :swear:
Lauren Denman

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:07 am

I haven't had any freezes since i installed the Game to my harddrive on the 360. I still think the game needs another patch because there is still things that the Devs need to fix but other then that the game runs ok.
Svenja Hedrich

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:14 am

Which problems are you refering to?

The new ones and old that I've encountered are
New
1. ghouls and some mercs becoming ghosts standing in place still hostile but frozen, unable to be shot or killed.
2. The multipule items stacked but not reading as stacked causing crashes when moding the top one.

The rest are most likey your system or pc playing up elsewhere.
Check your AV, your power mangement, and download the latest Graphics drivers.
darnell waddington

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:47 am

Easily more polished then Fallout 3, if Bethesda gave Obsidian two more months to fix the game we'd be begging Bethesda to just allow Obsidian to develop Future Fallout Games.

And now we know why it was pushed out the door too soon. :P
Laura-Lee Gerwing

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:31 pm

There really are already quite a lot of threads just like this one floating around here. We do try and keep the number of duplicate threads to a minimum, as it helps keep things from getting too cluttered.

I have kept a "rant" thread open in each of the Hardware and Software Issues forums for just this purpose - I don't therefore feel there's any particular need for a fourth thread here in the General Discussion forum.
Guinevere Wood

Return to Fallout: New Vegas