So this is it ? Game over ?

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:51 pm

Seems like I've almost nothing left to do in game.

On my quest list there are 165 completed quests except misc. I joined companions, imperials, the bards collage, winterhold collage, thieves, dark brotherhood, completed all quests for all, found and read all black books.

I was trying to join the vampire hunters (dawnguards) and ended up becoming a vampire lord myself which I have no idea how that happened, now the dawnguards are trying attacking me here and there regularly. (I already had this fallion guy cure me I'm not a vampire anymore)

I was an imperial soldier and did all good for solitude and then when I joined dark brotherhood I killed the bride and eventually the emperor, solitude people still love me. LOL

I am the thane of every jarl in everywhere possible.

Now I just have a few quests left in my list which are:

-The dark brotherhood forever (this goes forever and repetetive so I'm not killing anyone anymore, I'm afraid if I continue there will be nobody left in skyrim)

-No stone Unturned (this is about finding the all 24 unusual gems I have 14 of them, not looking for the rest of them simply because it's a super boring task)

-Impatience of a saint (another object finding quest, asking me to find some dumb pages for a ghost in soul cairn - boring! - not interested)

and for the misc:

-find resonance gems to complete Kagrumez trials. (there are some doors that are opened by some gem combinations in a dwarven ruin type of place, I don't know where to look for the other gems) I randomly found this place and the quest.

-Bring ancient falmer tome to Urag. (boring)

-Locate east empire pendants. (I found quite a few of them randomly but sold them around for like 20 gold each later I found out there's a guy who buys them for 500 gold each in raven rock. Anyways, I don't need gold, I have plenty. (300k)

I'm just level 50. There are still a lot of perks that I want to unlock, but it seems like I ran out of quests?

What to do now? Game over?
!beef

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:18 am

Forgot about the marriage problem. Well, I got married to this guy from the companions, Tolvar kind of early in game. It was fine at first, I adopted the homeless girl in whiterun. All was ok. Later I got a letter about like come and adopt a kid from our orphanage, then I went there and adopted a boy as a second kid. Kept on doing quests and stuff, eventually some time later, I realized Torvar was never home anymore. I found him in the companions' place, but he had no "spouse" dialogues anymore, and he stopped saying "I love you" and such, I can't collect money from him, he won't cook for me, no lovers comfort. All spouse specific dialogues disappeared. I tried to kill him and marry again to someone else, it didn't work, I tried to kill and resurrect him, didn't work. I don't know how or when he was bugged. So weird. Anyways I decided I don't need that drunkass loser and continued my game but I would like to know why that happened and how to fix it, if there's a fix.

bonita mathews

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:22 pm

Wow, that's impressive!

A Lo RIkIton'ton

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:11 pm

LOL is it?

Of course it's the result of many hours of gameplay but also, I'm kinda quick may be. When I enter a quest area, I kill kill kill run run run search search search complete the quest get out quickly. However, I was thinking this game had A LOT more to do since there are tons of skills and perks to unlock. I didn't work on 2-3 skills only, I kinda distributed the perks fairly according to what I need & want so I got a little bit of everything but I ended up not being able to complete any of them as I ran out of quests. May be I played the wrong way I don't know. Was I suppossed to choose one path? Like working on only archery and light armor so I create a great archer. Or just work on magic, or just heavy armor and heavy axe. Anyways idk what to do now in order to continue leveling up building more skills. I haven't even unlocked the full deadric armor yet. I'm stuck with my ebony set. I haven't even been able to create my dragon armor since I didn't give priority to smithing skill. There are a lot of things I haven't done, seen yet the story seems to be over. Awkward.

Emily Jeffs

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:33 pm

For me, "doing the quests" is just scratching the surface. When I finished most of the quests I begin to roleplay. When I roleplay, each game is a little different than the last game. Playing different characters with different personalities, telling a different story with each character, that is what has enabled me to put thousands of hours into each Elder Scrolls game. :)

Robyn Lena

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:07 pm

Sounds fine but how do you exactly roleplay? Like for example I became the archmage of the winterhold collage. I put on the archmage robes, sit in the archmage chambers and do what?

Symone Velez

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:24 am

Find some quest mods, like http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4155/?, http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4509/?? Those are for PC SSE, they're available for Skyrim LE as well, not sure about Xbox One, and you won't find them for PS4 ever, because of having so many non-vanilla assets.

Whichever platform you're on, I'd start looking for things to add in the way of mods to change the game to suit you.

Dalley hussain

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:44 pm

I'm playing on pc. Complete vanilla game. I didn't even know there were mods. Anyways, what exactly do mods add to the game? Can you give me a few examples please? Are they community (game fans') mods or official?

CRuzIta LUVz grlz

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:28 am

Go read the links - those are nearly DLC-sized mods that add so much to the game I can't even begin to describe it. Better if you read the mod author's descriptions, seriously. The http://www.nexusmods.com/games/about/games/? is - an Aladdin's cave, mods for everything....

And not just for Skyrim and SSE - probably hundreds of games have mods there.

electro_fantics

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:48 pm

The skills do not stop rising just because there are no quests to do! Places respawn in time and you can cintinue to kill things. You can continue making armour and weapons until your smithing skill reaches 100 (make Dwarven bows for quickness).

Now you have done all the set quests....you can engage in some role play....let your char have a life to live in the world. When skills reach 100, Legendary them! You get your perks back and the skill is reset to 15...allowing you to increase it again and thus raise your level. In time you can earn enough perks to perk every skill to the max....if that's what you want to do!

I think I recall from another thread you play on super easy settings because you just wanted to breeze through....well now you have. So, its a good time to review your play style and have another go on a more challenging basis. You know most of us deliberstely nerf or gimp our play to add challenge...it makes the game take on a new perpesctive if you play it as if it was like real life. Make bandit encounters tough..as they really would be (unless you are personally capable of defeating several thugs with baseball bats IRL I guess). Try Dead is Dead for a real feeling of excitement when you enter an area.

Add in proper role play....which is where this game excells. Use a new character and Become a hunter living only off pelt sales! That kind of thing. Most of us here have played this game for literally thousands of hours and it is still not boring....After 12k hours I still have not barely touched the dlc or been down every hole!

Alternatively consider entering our ongoing competition rounds which are a lot of fun....there are no prizes except the kudos of a win maybe...but we run through organised set objectives with pre-set skills and rules then give feedback on our progress to forum players as we go....its all on a trust and honour basis, no one cheats cos its self defeating!

There's way more to do, but if you feel you have done it all and don't wish to add challenge or RP.....then maybe its time to move on....its up to you ;)
Gemma Woods Illustration

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:36 am

Going to run out eventually. I'm around level 64 and still have Dark Brotherhood, some of thieves guild, still havn't been to solstheim at all, 2 or so left in dawngaurd, havn't touched the civil war and only a little of the main quest, tons of radiant quests, bounties and locations. I have been considering starting over already but i worked so hard to max enchanting and smithing.

2 things you could have done differently were pay to train 5 times every level before now, would give you maybe those 10 or more extra perks in the same amount of play time. And done crafting it sounds like. As you show though it's not necessary to grind and collect all that junk to beat the game. There are also deadric artifacts.

I was playing with the idea of a how quick can i beat the thieves guild or any other specialty with a starting character. Their base stats will matter then. I think even getting through goldenglow might be a bit of a challenge. I'd done that with the mages college just in a rush to get magic. Hardest part is getting there though you may be able to take a carraige. Then mages doesn't get too hard until Labrynthian but is doable and they give you a few high level scrolls that you have to use.

Ludivine Poussineau

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:47 pm

You haven't done all of the quests. Have you forgotten about the Radiant Quests? Those you can do over and over.

Alexxxxxx

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:16 am

Thanks for all replies and comments. I appreciate all explanations and suggestions.

Ann Church

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:05 pm

The toughest dragons don't start appearing until you're level 79.

You're not a real Dragonborn until you've killed one. :P

Also, have you done all the daedric quests?

To finish this quest, you need to explore all of Solstheim.

This makes me think you have not done much exploring, except for where the basic quests have led you to.

There are quests hidden all over the game, and you can find them just by wandering into random dungeons and exploring. Or talking with NPCs in towns that might have tasks for you that will lead you onto a surprising adventure.

Jade MacSpade

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:11 am

and Haha you married Tolvar. He totally looks and acts like one of my friends. I swear he used to train light armor. Typical Tolvar won't cook, got no money, out all night and now won't even say I love you. My favorite drinkin buddy :foodndrink:

remi lasisi

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:06 am

Oh my naive friend, we shall show you an entirely new world. There are mods for everything. Special Edition has a ways to catch up as it is ATM because Skyrim Script Extender is not available in 64 bit yet but if you mod Oldrim you can find a mod for pretty much anything. There are mods to boost the graphics up to and past Special Edition, mods to add spells, mods to entirely change the perk tree, mods to add items, quests, monsters, places, worlds, dimenions, homes. You can add a mod to turn dragons into Randy Savage. You can turn the world upside down, inside out, and reshape it to your specifications. I won't lie it takes some work and the more you add the more likely you are to create conflicts that might cause Skyrim to blow up and refuse to start again until you either sort it out or wipe it fresh. But with a little time and effort the potential is nigh limitless. The modders in the mod section can help you get started. I would also definitely recommend NexusMods.Com. Check out their forums and the NexusModManager helps a lot with getting everything put in place so you don't have to manually unload and move files. Skyrim has 50k+ mods available on NexusMods ATM. SSE only has 5k+ but its a lot newer and doesn't have the Script Extender yet.

Jose ordaz

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:35 am

Role Playing... Your character may end up Arch-mage... but the "role" should not BE Arch-mage.

Everyone Role-plays different.. with different depth and scope... survival mods... Mod's that make the game harder.. armor.. creatures... No mod's at all on console, just ones imagination...

Now this isn't the only way.. just one of my way's to start a character. In a spoiler cause.. it could get long...

Spoiler

-An Idea forms.. where from.. book's, tv, chance remark, dream... favorite book characters are always a good choice.. cause then you ask your self " what would they do?"

- I have the idea... Farmers Daughter turned Dargonborn...

- now...skills.. what would make sense for her to already have? Does she have any magic... I answer these questions and write up a back story.. which will include notes on quirks, personality.. etc

- Mods... what mod's would enhance her game... ( I read the Nexus even when I was playing on 360...and tracked a lot of mods)

* add these mods...one by one.. or groups ( armor and such is usually fine this way... BUT still run your "test")

* run a test character.. could be your RP character or not... I usually don't... make sure you stress the game a wee bit.. and run all the area's of the game... two fast ways to do this.. on horse back.. or...well just use horseback until you know your game's "base" set up well enough to know IF something is causing the game to crash.. or IF it's the "stress test".

After a good Testing of mods... then create the character that you want to RP... sometimes I do this before and just use Racemenu to put the right face in the load order in that profile... NNM, Racemenu...etc...

First and foremost.. she is a Farmers daughter.. sooooo.. we need a "farm"... http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50992/? is one of my favorites, because you have to "rebuild it"... their are others of course. Go to nexus and type in "farm" in advanced under description contains... their's a few....lol Now... "cheating" to build the farm.. shorten's the Play.. but after doing it a few times.. it's tedious... So now we have to repair and return the "family" farm back to the way it was... but... where did we start? Cart ride, Alternate Start... we need to go home and "find" the house a mess... The cart ride is a good one, but you could also do "patron of an Inn" and head home... and here's where the RP really starts.. your characters emotions on finding her home destroyed.. it's burnt.. could be bandits...could be dragon ( BTW.. you have to Buy the farm.. but ~ 0000f "amount of gold it takes".. cause yer supposed to own it)

We are going with.. Dragon... and from there it should be your RP...

Thing is, you always remember what the RP IS.. not what the game is.. yes you can do every blessed thing.. but does that really suit the character.. the story?

Orc... Their is an http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64038/? Stronghold, that your Orc could build... Come up with a reason to do so... play it out..

I could seriously go on forever... Thing is Role Playing is very different for each person..

Feel you have been their.. done everything... Play an Explorer.. no quest-lines... go in, clear out every cave, fort and other area...

Still feel the need for a challenge? Try DiD... Dead is Dead... just Adept isn't enough.. bump it up... all the way to Legendary... Once you feel you can make it.. join our Competitions ( which btw do not have to be played on Legendary, but what ever difficulty you feel is right for you) I should be getting a "What our next round is"... Thread up, which is Generally called "Trash talk and other Nonsense.. round XX *name of round*"... but we play out of another forum...

sam

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:21 am

Maybe not game over, but character over. You've told the story of one kind of character, so play it all again with the exact opposite. Change gender, switch from all-magic to no-magic or vice versa, good to evil, whatever it takes to make the character totally unlike the one you just played.

Maybe even someone that refuses to get involved with the dragon fixation everyone else has. I've played a Khajiit who wasn't allowed into cities, so couldn't go visit Dragonreach after getting out of Helgen.

Louise Dennis

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:09 pm

Actually, I have a lot of experience about adding mods to a game, having troubles, sort it out, remove expired mods etc. from the Sims games. So I know how messy things can get when you are playing with 3rd party content. I just didn't know there were mods for skyrim too. Anyways, I think the game itself is already pretty buggy and unstable as it is. Because of that I honestly kinda don't want to get in to mods for this game. This game feels like it can be corrupted beyond repair easily so...

Dragonz Dancer

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:43 pm

Let me get this straight: you got married, had a couple of kids, and now some time later your husband just wants to hang out with his mates and won't do his chores or show you any affection?

Did you not even see Married With Children? :P

Jennifer Munroe

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:29 pm

I had this very same problem with an old save when Skyrim first came out. I ended up killing my spouse. Of course, you can only marry once in Skyrim and that's that. Which is why I'll never marry any character again.

Jade MacSpade

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:07 pm

Thing is... depends.. on 360 my very 1st character had a game breaking glitch.. and I have not had one since then... I've had my PC for a little over a year and while I have had issues, they were not caused by the game itself, but by adding mod's that didn't exactly get along.. ( ie they added some thing's to the same place, that kinda thing) I have also played a heavily modded character for 300 hr's with not one single CTD, glitch, bug or freeze....

Their are tool's that will help you find a perfectly stable game.. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11/? is a good place to start.. though I didn't, I did my research while I was still on 360, knew what I wanted to change, found the mod's to do it..

Ian White

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:41 pm

And more mods come along every five minutes.....pretty soon you start rationalising why its absolutely essential to have a mod for a better hair band!

Best answer there is try everything....get mod overload...not the machine...you! When you come out of the induced euphoria and settle down you will realise what mods actually matter....then you can enjoy the game without constantly feeling like you need a restart to try the latest "must have" mod.
Sarah Edmunds

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:56 pm

Fair enough. Very realistic.

You know what, I'm just going to kill that ungrateful maniac in the basemant of my lakeview manor and burn him in the blacksmiths forge. I worked my dragonborn ass off to make a fortune for us, provided a good life for him and the kids while all he did was sitting around in the companions place eating a big piece of bread all the time. I tried everything to save our marriage, never complained about his drinking habit, and he still preferred being an a-hole. That's it. I'm done. He should die.

Stat Wrecker

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:30 pm

Well you could go there, probably feel better... OR.. yeah their's a mod for that....http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52909/?

@ Rick.. Mod over-load.. what's that???

Stacyia

Next

Return to V - Skyrim