This really pisses me off!

Post » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:15 am

Okay, I was in this massive dungeon hunting down a giant for the Fighter's Guild, and through my dungeon delving I found loads of religious relics and objects, easily 10 grand in total (Alot to my lvl 3 character). Anyway, I save before I go into this swimming spot, but no matter what I do, once I continue from that save, two liches ambush me and kill me instantly with a fire spell. I've tried moving to the side and fighting them (weapon is useless against them) I've tried using a potion of invisibility, I've tried escaping by water, NOTHING works. It seems my character is dead for good. My other save is two levels and like 10 hours ago -__-
Dean

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:32 pm

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Cheats#Patch_v2.12.2B_Cheat_Codes.
Spooky Angel

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:41 pm

I don't even have enough time to activate invulnerable mode. They kill me INSTANTLY. Like, I may have a split second to dodge the blast, but then I'm gone when the other lich fires at me.
Cathrine Jack

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:30 pm

Then use the [] as soon as you load to change locations?
gemma

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:40 pm

The...what? Is that the console? What key is it again?
Stephanie Kemp

Post » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:15 am

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Hardware/Developer_Notes/Macintosh_CPUs-G4/12inchPowerBookG4/art/040945021715_06.gif, upper rightish, [ & ] allow you to teleport through quest locations in the dungeon.
LijLuva

Post » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:40 am

I don't usually recommend cheats, but it seems here to be choosing between cheats, so I will offer this: Alt-F11 after save. This not only provides an outlet from danger, but puts the character in position to load that loot into a wagon at the same time.

:tops:
bimsy

Post » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:55 am

I don't usually recommend cheats, but it seems here to be choosing between cheats, so I will offer this: Alt-F11 after save. This not only provides an outlet from danger, but puts the character in position to load that loot into a wagon at the same time.

:tops:

Daggerfall is the only game where I can cheat and not feel bad about it. Oh the number of times I fell in the void, trying to jump on a wall, or passing through a wall but then being able to explore the dungeon above the ceiling. :P
Michelle davies

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:11 pm

Ever since that time I set a Recall anchor inside Castle Daggerfall so I could return quickly after doing a courier quest for King Gothryd, only to realize that the two doors that don't open until you speak with the guard were shut, I've had no regrets about using that "return to dungeon entrance" cheat. :P
sam smith

Post » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:05 am

my latest game sessiosn seems to have bugged out on the enemy scaling, im a level 6-7 Nord Adventurer trying to find a lost mage in a dungeon for the Clergy of Mara, and almost ever enemy except the ordinary silent Sorcerers and Mages is either a Ancient Lich or a Ancient Vampire, they are like everywere, coming out of the wall from secret doors, charging down the corridor right when i enter the dungeon or as one time teleporting in right behind me in one of those big throne rooms.

its like a really REALLY dangerous maze where i have to find the exact right corridor or door to open or i'll find myself in the embrace of 2-3 Ancient Liches with the undenied fate of instant death.

and strangely enough i dont hate it at all, i actually feel alive like never before. :D
Isaiah Burdeau

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:22 pm

my latest game sessiosn seems to have bugged out on the enemy scaling, im a level 6-7 Nord Adventurer trying to find a lost mage in a dungeon for the Clergy of Mara, and almost ever enemy except the ordinary silent Sorcerers and Mages is either a Ancient Lich or a Ancient Vampire, they are like everywere, coming out of the wall from secret doors, charging down the corridor right when i enter the dungeon or as one time teleporting in right behind me in one of those big throne rooms.

its like a really REALLY dangerous maze where i have to find the exact right corridor or door to open or i'll find myself in the embrace of 2-3 Ancient Liches with the undenied fate of instant death.

and strangely enough i dont hate it at all, i actually feel alive like never before. :D

Hehe, that surely keeps you on the edge! Daggerfall rocks again. :)
Rebekah Rebekah Nicole

Post » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:28 am

That's what I love about Daggerfall, you never know whats lurking around the next corner and DEATH is never too far away :evil:
Sabrina Steige

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:04 pm

Now that's the true spirit of Daggerfall. :)

Unfortunately, for me, DOSBox freezing and then crashing after repeatedly loading a savegame due to said Lich encounters is also part of the Daggerfall experience...
Chloé

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:56 pm

Unfortunately, for me, DOSBox freezing and then crashing after repeatedly loading a savegame due to said Lich encounters is also part of the Daggerfall experience...

I have to tell you..., finding an old Win 95 or Win 98 computer is an excellent investment for a better Daggerfall experience. ;) Plus, you also get to play all of your old games without problems at all or too fast/too slow issues with DosBox.

Asking around people you know who work in offices or place with old computers is a good start. I got mine that way. A friend of mine's business was changing its computers. I got a 133MHZ, 32mo RAM and 2Gigs of hard drive space.
X-Com, System Shock 1, Duke Nukem, Warcraft, Diablo, Syndicate, Dungeon Keeper, you name it. :D
Devils Cheek

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:07 pm

I feel your pain.

Strangely enough, I very rarely get a crash or freeze with Dosbox (if I had to be picky) DF seems to be slightly more unstable on my old pentium II comp than Dosbox :wacko:
Sierra Ritsuka

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:01 pm

happened to me to, and the monster leveling fixed itself after i found the guy and got out, now its back to ordinary level 7 enemies, except the occational mummy in the graveyards.

and i found an all natural cave dungeon too from a map i got off an orc, it was really odd seeing the natural cave tile only in a dungeon even as it was named "Ruins of Whiterstead Farm" :D
Kim Kay

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:21 pm

happened to me to, and the monster leveling fixed itself after i found the guy and got out, now its back to ordinary level 7 enemies, except the occational mummy in the graveyards.

and i found an all natural cave dungeon too from a map i got off an orc, it was really odd seeing the natural cave tile only in a dungeon even as it was named "Ruins of Whiterstead Farm" :D

Didn't you know of the unstable cavern complex underneath the farm? I think I've spent way too much time trying to rationalise the random stuff in the dungeons. I guess High Rock and Hammerfell are riddled with massive underground caverns, old Nedic, elven, and Dwemer forts and castle basemants/true dungeons, and elevators to take you from the surface to the deep recesses of the underground.
Elizabeth Lysons

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:32 pm

Hey, this happened to me too. Everytime I reloaded it crashed, and I had to restart DosBox. And I thought it was because I had upgraded to a new version of DOSBox, mid-game. How do you fix this? Just run away, I suppose... But I figured I could never do a reload again wihtout crashing. Was I wrong, or is only because of the ancient lich proximity?
KRistina Karlsson

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:16 pm

My problem is broader. My Daggerfall just seems to dislike reloading a saved game while I'm still alive. It tends to freeze and then crash. I can only safely (by safely I mean 80% of the time) reload a game after dying and then sitting at the main menu for 10 seconds or so (I wait there as a "buffer" for the game memory and stuff to clear out).
Cagla Cali

Post » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:59 am

Didn't you know of the unstable cavern complex underneath the farm? I think I've spent way too much time trying to rationalise the random stuff in the dungeons. I guess High Rock and Hammerfell are riddled with massive underground caverns, old Nedic, elven, and Dwemer forts and castle basemants/true dungeons, and elevators to take you from the surface to the deep recesses of the underground.

its abit mindbending i must agree, sometimes you end up several levels ABOVE the entrance you came in from, even as it looked like a little pile of dirt with a door in it on the outside.

even after all these years playing Daggerfall i still try to think who built a multi-leveled dungeon complex with torture racks and animal pens (with living pigs/cows and haystacks sometimes even) and even a big throne room beneath a small farm.

but the graveyard crypts have all the right propotions though. strange. but i love it.

oh, btw, that crazy enemy scaling bug is back, i rode an elevator down into a throne room during a raid into a dungeon i was rewarded from the fighters guild and it put me down right between 3 Ancient Liches (i was only meeting like Orcs or Orc Seargents before).

still way to early for me to meet those guys, and ive encountered 2 Daedra Lords too, resulting in instant reload. its like totally random which high level enemy i will encounter.
kirsty joanne hines

Post » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:42 am

its abit mindbending i must agree, sometimes you end up several levels ABOVE the entrance you came in from, even as it looked like a little pile of dirt with a door in it on the outside.

even after all these years playing Daggerfall i still try to think who built a multi-leveled dungeon complex with torture racks and animal pens (with living pigs/cows and haystacks sometimes even) and even a big throne room beneath a small farm.

but the graveyard crypts have all the right propotions though. strange. but i love it

It is indeed puzzling to think about the architects who built the places. Maybe it's the same architects who built the Death Star.
My favourite absurd dungeon entrance is the tree. You enter a tree and you can find youself in a vast and open cave with a pyramid in the middle. Maybe the door is cursed to make your characters smaller? :P
sam

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:50 pm

I have never encountered a dungeon (besides graveyards) that utilized only one one tile set. What province is this in?
patricia kris

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:48 pm

I have never encountered a dungeon (besides graveyards) that utilized only one one tile set. What province is this in?

Some dungeons have the Cave/Mine theme as a main tileset. You will occasionally find corridors and rooms with the standard dungeon theme, but most of them are a set of caves and tunnels that constantly go down. I came accross many of those, especially in dungeons that have "Mine" in the their name.
Trent Theriot

Post » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:59 am

My other save is two levels and like 10 hours ago -__-

Guilty as accused. That'd be your own fault, not saving regularly...
Steven Nicholson

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:46 pm

hmm? it was either in Daggerfall or the province west of it.

it had the name "mine" in it, but it wasnt all cave tunnels, it had ordinary rooms too and one of those big central hub rooms with a rope bridge in the middle and lots of doors around, but it was still like 80% cave tile in it.
April D. F

Next

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion