Tinker Faction serves, teaches , helps protect settlers

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:57 pm

I would like to see the Rust Devils become a faction like the Gunners and Raiders, and I would like to see a Tinker/ teacher Faction for those who like robots, in future DLC, mods or maybe an expansion. Your ideas and suggestions are appreciated.

A Tinker faction with the ability to to start settlements; have people work with bots planting and tending crops, scrapping structures, vehicles, debris and building whatever the workstations allow, so they learn to make and use tools, produce, food scrap and tools to trade beyond the settlement.

I'd like to be able to build, tutor bots that can patiently teach or tutor 24/7, and research bots like Curie to help understand, catalog and restore old world tech and knowledge. I'd like to go out and find caches of blue and white collar tech and medical information for the bots to teach. Bots that tirelessly and patiently teach the 3-Rs for children during the day, and evening and night classes for advlts and apprentices.

Feels more rewarding than simply being sheriff Minute Man (though the option to fight Rust Devils trying to steal your bots and raiders and mutants being themselves should be and option) . But should be quests to find and recruit ghouls with pre-war tech training, as well as ex-Institute and BoS, and Enclave survivors with useable skills

Fallout 4 is a wonderful canvas for a world of adventure, looking for gamers to brainstorm some new colors and textures.

Fluffer

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:34 pm

If this idea were to inspires an N.V. type expansion

I'd like to suggest the primary character be a freshly graduated Tinker apprentice; with an assaultron companion, a brain bot type cargo carrier or two with an assaultron head as opposed to a brain under glass.

The Tinker might start out with a power armor chassis that allows him or her to carry a load of tools to help scrap and repair, and to construct items, including workstations and machine tools.

Settlements need not all be as large as Sanctuary, but in the real world why choose a place little larger than an urban lot with a house with no roof?

Why have such structures in your settlement that can not be torn down and be rebuilt, especially if there are no neighbors nearby and you have a growing settlement?

Why not scrap the nearby houses to build several solid and more easily defended habitats and out buildings, clear room enough to grow crops and raise livestock, be able to see people approaching your settlement/compound and deny them cover to shoot at you from.

NAtIVe GOddess

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:26 pm

Invest more personality int the settlers who are mostly minuteman types. The kind who volunteer to help their community and neighbors, who like modern farmers have to be competent and self-reliant.

Like a modern cop, fireman or emergency medical service provider you will come to the aid of many people more successful at life than you, whether they get paid more or not.

Being there hero can simply mean being there to help them out when they need it most. Repairing the community med bot or tutor bot, providing upgraded programming. Tracking down and recovering useful data from a computer you were the first in years, if not centuries to be able to get operational.

phil walsh

Return to Fallout 4