A tool to to lock your mod list till the game is completed..

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:10 am

I dont know bout any others but i have had to start over so many times cuz of adding mods to "sweeten" my game ...this has been going on since my introduction to morrowind.

What im requesting is when a player decides hes happy with his choosen mods he /she activates this tool and no mods can be added till the completion of the current playthu.

When i was active in the morrowind community the only way i was able to beat the game was on the xbox simply cuz no mods could be added.

qwert

Matt Terry

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:01 pm

There is a way to do this... It's called self-control ;)

Just don't go looking for new mods and you won't have any problems. :)

But even if what you wanted existed, you could still bypass/deactivate/uninstall it at anytime to add more mods. I recommend self-control instead.

Melanie

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:17 am

surely you jest...you never been in a play thru and one day scanning thru the mods at the nexus and been hit in the face by a mod that would totally heighten your game experience.

I for 1 am always looking and scouring for the best modded game i can acheieve.....its not bout self control its about the desire to play the best game the way you want to play it for the maxium enjoyment.

yeah but it could just be me.

Breautiful

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:13 am

Of course I've added many mods mid-game, but they almost never cause problems because I know how to do it correctly and follow instructions.

But if I was always having problems with it, I just would not do it. (self-control.)

:shrug:

Devin Sluis

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:45 pm

im an addict????

Racheal Robertson

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:54 am

yeah i quess that makes sense ..if my post was read it doesnt say i dont know how to do it or that i have problems(which i occassionally do) it states i start over cuz it makes no sense to add a mod in the middle of my characters life...for example i just started over from level 18 cuz i addeded an awesome mod "death is highly underated redone-cursed (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7896/?) which of course has something to do with dying and im like why the heck would this all of a sudden happen to my character after 18 levels......its a matter of personal choice how one chooses to play your character.

anyway my suggestion was a tool where a player is content with his load and decideds this is what he wants to play the game with this time....a silly request yeah i guess to some but no silly as a mod that only lets you choose your perks after you sleep....or a mod that makes it so merchants dont sell lockpicks.......ive heard the whole self control advice before and well obviously i must have an issue with self control or i wouldnt be making a request huh.....

oh well back to Skyrim.

qwert

Richard

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:38 pm

I get what you mean, but even if that tool existed you could disable it whenever you wanted.... So the entire control of adding mods is still is in your hands.

ashleigh bryden

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:53 pm

yeah it would almost have to have a password type override and you have your gf or friend pick the password and not tell you till you beat the game.

jess hughes

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:01 am

https://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/3676-skyrim-information-baked-into-saves/ cannot be disabled in Skyrim regardless what you do, unless you want to start a new game. So why not use that as a *tool* for a modded game.

Taylah Illies

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:35 pm

I never worry about starting over - I don't have issues with my game at all, but I won't ever "beat" the game again. When I get to a certain point in a girl's "life" in Skyrim, I retire her and play someone else. *shrug*

I'm also a mod addict - but I don't see it as a problem (for me) to add mods whenever. I do tend to not add mods for girls if I'm writing an RP story though - they just get what they've started with (well, other than armor mods, because something new to wear always makes sense!)

Emma-Jane Merrin

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:33 pm

Mod Organizer is perfect for what you seem to be wanting.

The mods are all separate and can be turned on and off at will.

You can download new mods and just not activate them in MO and they shouldn't mess with your game.

There are profiles in MO for this kind of thing as well, but I haven't really done anything with those, so I dunno there.

Heather Dawson

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:12 pm

A lock that can lock your mods is operated by you, which means it can be turned off by you at any time. What you're asking is for more willpower, which we can't give you.
Brad Johnson

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:20 am

umm..Yea read the dang post so you understand before you respond......i said it would be best to have a friend or significant other to enter the password and not to tell you.

ZANEY82

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:38 pm

Stop and think about what you're saying for a moment. Just...stop adding mods?
Charlotte Henderson

Return to V - Skyrim