Treasure Hunting

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:43 am

Before you say this is not Pirates of the Caribbean hear me out. In oblivion there was places where you would find a chest hidden from the untrained eye, but when I open the chest there was nothing unique in it and has no purpose. Like there was a chest in a waterfall but didn't have anything special in it. So I'm hoping in skyrim there are some chest that have purpose on why it is where it is, like it was someones secret stash. Or if it is in a hard dungeon it should have a weapon or armor that is unique to the game where you can only find in that dungeon. You guys tell me what you think about it.
Causon-Chambers

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:41 pm

I'm sure there will be plenty of chest with some tasty items inside, but who's to say that some other adventurer hasn't come along and stolen your prize before you?
JAY

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:09 am

I hope to see some chests with clues to another chest or location perhaps. Think of the film 'National Treasure' here. Imagine you finding an object like a ring or something else... with the new inventory system you can inspect it more closely, find a clue on it to a massive treasure or something else... who will tell
Erika Ellsworth

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:37 am

What I'm hoping for:-

Static areas with high level loot only available in high level dungeons. No spamming the same dungeon and getting everything as you level up.

Hand placed items, lots of them and quests to find hand placed items with only written clues to its location and no marker leading you by the nose.

Proper dungeon bosses that have the best loot in the dungeon.

A more noticeable difference between the type of loot found in different types of dungeons. Aylied or similar places should have more magical items than somewhere like a Fort etc.
Liii BLATES

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:02 am

What about like the Wind Waker?
Killer McCracken

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:17 am

Before you say this is not Pirates of the Caribbean hear me out. In oblivion there was places where you would find a chest hidden from the untrained eye, but when I open the chest there was nothing unique in it and has no purpose. Like there was a chest in a waterfall but didn't have anything special in it. So I'm hoping in skyrim there are some chest that have purpose on why it is where it is, like it was someones secret stash. Or if it is in a hard dungeon it should have a weapon or armor that is unique to the game where you can only find in that dungeon. You guys tell me what you think about it.

Super totally agree. If I see a pretty hidden chest somewhere at the bottom of a lake or in a hollow tree or in a waterfall or something, I would want it to be something nice and special SOMETIMES (not always, that would be bad). In Oblivion it was really never anything good as far as I remember. Just stupid generic leveling scaling stuff, like a gold piece or a silverware cup.

I just want there to be more hidden stuff in general as well. Quite some of the artifacts could be much more hidden (or well defended). In Morrowind, the best shield in the game was hidden at the top of the ceiling in a sunken daedric ruin in a cave far away from any civilization. If you looked up you noticed something very shiny. It was really awesome once you found it. You felt like "WOW! So cool, and I so deserved this for finding it!".
Alexandra Ryan

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:14 am

They need to add in trap items again.Like in Morrowind,don't grab the good bits unless you're willing to deal with the dremora lord.
Teghan Harris

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:29 pm

I hope to see some chests with clues to another chest or location perhaps. Think of the film 'National Treasure' here. Imagine you finding an object like a ring or something else... with the new inventory system you can inspect it more closely, find a clue on it to a massive treasure or something else... who will tell

This would be cool except for one little problem. After all the hard work you put into the search you will probably find a chest with lock pick and a couple of dust devils. One thing Bethesda doesn't do well is epic treasure. would end up being an epic let down. Something like very hard locked chests with nothing at all in them.
Sharra Llenos

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:15 am

Hear hear!
sally R

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:26 am

One thing Bethesda doesn't do well is epic treasure. would end up being an epic let down. Something like very hard locked chests with nothing at all in them.

I don't know... Morowind had some pretty epic [censored] treasure.
JD bernal

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:14 am

I don't know... Morowind had some pretty epic [censored] treasure.

Morrowind had a nice mix too. Anyone remember half drowning in the bottom of a shipwreck only to come out with two kwama eggs, a handful of septims, and a jug?
Marcia Renton

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:15 am

Morrowind had a nice mix too. Anyone remember half drowning in the bottom of a shipwreck only to come out with two kwama eggs, a handful of septims, and a jug?

Hahaha, yes. What a disappointment.
Sarah Knight

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:42 am

Oh yes, I remember that.
Brian Newman

Return to V - Skyrim