Trickjumps in crysis 2 ?

Post » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:47 pm

Trickjumps in crysis 2 ?
Monika Fiolek

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:57 am

I am going to get pissed off from hearing all the PS3 and 360 fans joining the crysis group bragging about what they did "I did a 360 no scope in See-two"
Melanie Steinberg

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:36 am

I hope there is no trick jumping. I would prefer a grappling hook or rope ladder instead, that way you can atleast see it coming if you pay attention.

Trick jumping on it's own I would not like. But if Crytek adds a function like grappling hooks and and rope ladders, that would be awesome! :P
Fanny Rouyé

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:22 am

LOL grappling and trickjumps in crysis... Just play just cause 2 is you want grappling hooks.
Claudia Cook

Post » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:35 pm

Depending on the gameplay in Crysis 2, it may or may not need trick jumps. But the more mobility, the better.
ladyflames

Post » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:31 pm

what do u mean trick jumps? or do u mean circle/strafe jumps? i think its pretty awesome, gives alot of mobility and lets u cover high distances with a jump, plus its great for cornering somebody or jumping into action
OJY

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:52 am

[quote]what do u mean trick jumps? or do u mean circle/strafe jumps? i think its pretty awesome, gives alot of mobility and lets u cover high distances with a jump, plus its great for cornering somebody or jumping into action[/quote]

Trick jumps were in Crysis. They allowed you to scale building walls about 50 feet high by staring at the ground at an angle, running towards the wall, strength jump when you hit it, then shake your mouse back and forth to get up.

I have no clue how such a complex bug could be found, but a lot of people would practice it on Steel Mill on small servers. The feature was removed for Crysos Wars.
Greg Swan

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:56 am

*Crysis.
Lilit Ager

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:21 am

[quote]I hope there is no trick jumping. I would prefer a grappling hook or rope ladder instead, that way you can atleast see it coming if you pay attention.

Trick jumping on it's own I would not like. But if Crytek adds a function like grappling hooks and and rope ladders, that would be awesome! :P[/quote]

Strafe jump/circle jump>>>>>>>>grappling hook
I love the jumping in Crysis, it gives a whole new playstyle to the game. Crysis without strafing would feel empty and boring.
Michelle Chau

Post » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:45 pm

[quote]I am going to get pissed off from hearing all the PS3 and 360 fans joining the crysis group bragging about what they did "I did a 360 no scope in See-two"[/quote]

Dude i completely agree not to be hating on Crytek i can understand that its so they can get more money and to make games. BUT I HATED THE IDEA OF BRING CONSOLES TO THE GAME were going to lissen to a hole lot of little 8 year old saying i killed 2 guys at once OOOOOO gess what when you did that i killed 8 ppl and already have a nuke tank going to your base ****

I cant wait when games go cross console PC vs Xbox 360 vs PS3 vs MAC.... Who wins i dont know......... would be PC... DAM RIGHT IT WILL BE... lets put it this way its alot easier to do any thing on PC fly,drive, shot, hell take a **** if you wanted >:D
Gemma Flanagan

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:07 am

trick jump (walljump) and circle jump are part of crysis.
i agree 100% with Laz0r. it gives a unique playstyle to the game.
i heard (rumor) that circle jump should work in crysis 2.
( it seems obvious that walljump wont...)
des lynam

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:08 pm

[quote]trick jump (walljump) and circle jump are part of crysis.
i agree 100% with Laz0r. it gives a unique playstyle to the game.
i heard (rumor) that circle jump should work in crysis 2.
( it seems obvious that walljump wont...)[/quote]

How would circle jump work in Crysis 2 when speed and strength are automatically combined? Circle jumping is out of the question, and so is trick jumping.
yermom

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:45 am

i'd be nice if crysis 2 had wallrunning and walljumping, etc. (similar to brink or red eclipse)
Bee Baby

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:37 am

How would circle jump work in Crysis 2 when speed and strength are automatically combined? Circle jumping is out of the question, and so is trick jumping.[/quote]

simple: in crysis and crysis wars you can circle jump WITHOUT any speed or strenght engaged:
juste jump and strafe+mouse slow moves in the same direction you strafe. THAT is basic circle jump.
then if you engage speed or strenght doing this, it only amplify the BASIC circle jump. (most advanced players use circle jump in speed though)
Heather Stewart

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:42 am

1st PARAGRAPH IS IN QUOTE.....XDDDD
AnDres MeZa

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:20 am

There will be extreme movement like in the prior games, if not, crysis as a franchise will be ruined. Crytek knows what makes their game unique.
Dustin Brown

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:08 am

[quote][quote]trick jump (walljump) and circle jump are part of crysis.i agree 100% with Laz0r. it gives a unique playstyle to the game.i heard (rumor) that circle jump should work in crysis 2.( it seems obvious that walljump wont...)[/quote]

How would circle jump work in Crysis 2 when speed and strength are automatically combined? Circle jumping is out of the question, and so is trick jumping.[/quote]

Well, it just means we would go even farther (basically the same as switching to speed right after jumping) and have to use a lot of energy to do it.

P.S. crytek fix your javascript for extending the posting text field because it's horrible.
Steve Bates

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:07 pm

I don't know but if there is trick jumping, I might just make a Jump_5 :D

I think Crytek replaced the wall jump with the pull up on ledge (which is more realistic and better for gameplay IMO...even if wall jump was way fun).

If the strafe/circle is still possible the distance attainable should only increase. Currently in wars you can use speed mode to run up and switch to armor, but you lose momentum instantly. It is more effective to strength jump and immediately switch to speed; then perform the strafe to achieve maximum distance.

If the speed and strength are combined, but they don't have the same power, the momentum would not be reduced and there should be a slight improvement in distance. However, it is my suspicion that the power might be reduced a bit which would reduce the overall distance possible. The downside is that the difficulty in performing xtreme jumps will decrease substantially when no complex suit switching is necessary.

This is good for newcomers...not good for Jumpers like myself. Either way I'm looking forward to giving the new suit a run.
Brian LeHury

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:34 am

I think you guys forget that the speed part of power mode has been reduced from Crysis Wars. I have a feeling that even if circle jumping is still possible, it will be such a tax on the suit energy and you won't be able to jump as far, which wouldn't make it a popular choice to move around with.
Marquis T

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:10 am

There will not be any strafe jumping in Crysis 2 for two reasons:

Firstly, the gameplay is being casualised for console gamers, so a skill-supportive feature like strafe jumping will not be implemented.

Secondly, the new nanosuit does not have the small boosters that the original one did - the boosters in the original Crysis were able to provide the small movement needed while in the air to strafe jump. These are the same boosters that were used to move around in the zero gravity section of the singleplayer campaign.
Emzy Baby!

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:51 am

According to what I have read, the speed for C2 has been reduced from the speed of C1 singleplayer. I have not heard that it has been reduced from the speed of Crysis wars.

Currently the speed in Crysis wars is about half as much as the single player campaign, but it drains energy much slower. So it could indeed be slower in C2 than in Crysis wars, but it may very well be the same, or possibly faster (although highly unlikely).

I'm not convinced that the boosters have any actual influence on strafe jumping. The fact is when boosters are activated they make a noise. I have not heard the booster sound when strafe jumping. Boosters make a nice explanation as to how the player could perform those types of jumps, but currently the boosters have no bearing on the mechanics of a strafe or circle jump from what I can tell.
electro_fantics

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:46 am

[quote]According to what I have read, the speed for C2 has been reduced from the speed of C1 singleplayer. I have not heard that it has been reduced from the speed of Crysis wars.

Currently the speed in Crysis wars is about half as much as the single player campaign, but it drains energy much slower. So it could indeed be slower in C2 than in Crysis wars, but it may very well be the same, or possibly faster (although highly unlikely).

I'm not convinced that the boosters have any actual influence on strafe jumping. The fact is when boosters are activated they make a noise. I have not heard the booster sound when strafe jumping. Boosters make a nice explanation as to how the player could perform those types of jumps, but currently the boosters have no bearing on the mechanics of a strafe or circle jump from what I can tell.[/quote]

No boosters on Nanosuit 2= no strafe jumping. Let's be realistic here, Crytek. If your gonna keep strafe jumping, add boosters and a sound effect. If your not going to keep strafe jumping, then keep the boosters off the Nanosuit 2.
Gaelle Courant

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:44 am

boosters? on strafe/circle jump? come on....
as CygonCoors i'm not convinced....at all.
(NO BOOSTER when NO ZERO GRAVITY)

Talon95, you are so reluctant to the idea of trick jumps (circle/strafe/wall)
sounds like you never archieve any of them.
maybe that's why you seem to be afraid that some of those trick jumps
might be part of C2.
Darian Ennels

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:57 am

[quote]boosters? on strafe/circle jump? come on....

might be part of C2.[/quote]

It's easy to learn trickjumping, then comes the perfection :D
You can do reverse walljumps in wars, but you just gain speed backwards/down so it's kinda useless :P
Sarah Kim

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:59 am

[quote]boosters? on strafe/circle jump? come on....

might be part of C2.[/quote]

Actually I kickass at trickjumping and have completed all the jumping maps with only moderate difficulty doing so.

I just don't feel it is the right direction for Crytek to capture an audience and make a good game. Trick jumping is very fun, but it scares away all the population when you're zooming around the map and headshotting everyone in 0.2 seconds.
Laura Elizabeth

Next

Return to Crysis