im trying to loose weight

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 3:38 am

ontop of working out can i just supplement all of my meals with food supplement shakes and bars?
or would that kill my body?
Donatus Uwasomba

Post » Wed May 30, 2012 11:43 pm

If your weight is loose, try tightening your belt to keep it contained a bit.
Adrian Powers

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 12:24 am

i double typed by accident lol
Strawberry

Post » Wed May 30, 2012 6:00 pm

Supplements generally aren't necessary unless you're doing serious bulking out. For most people a plain old healthy diet is sufficient. And if you're aiming to lose fat, you probably don't need the extra calories, either.

So, yeah, just make sure you're eating good food and you should be cool :).
Jah Allen

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 8:32 am

Supplements generally aren't necessary unless you're doing serious bulking out. For most people a plain old healthy diet is sufficient. And if you're aiming to lose fat, you probably don't need the extra calories, either.

So, yeah, just make sure you're eating good food and you should be cool :smile:.
im saying in place of meals just supplements
Angus Poole

Post » Wed May 30, 2012 11:59 pm

Not usually a good idea. As stated, a reasonable diet, heavy on the fruits and veggies, with beans or fish instead of red meat, and eating complex carbs instead of processed carbs should feed your body better.
Sheila Esmailka

Post » Wed May 30, 2012 8:42 pm

Only if you enjoy being malnourished.
Steve Smith

Post » Wed May 30, 2012 5:10 pm

Just eat properly.
Connie Thomas

Post » Wed May 30, 2012 7:16 pm

i'm trying to gain weight. any tips?
Mélida Brunet

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 4:48 am

Eat a whole lot.
Lindsay Dunn

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 2:56 am

Well as for me I don't work out (WAAAAY too lazy and I find it pointless) at all but I'm loosing weight pretty fast because I eat very little, maybe one meal a day (I'm also vegetarian). Honestly I can't tell you why so I'm not much help but I will advise you not to use supplements, our bodies are designed to eat normal food. As additional advice I recommend you eat no snacks at all, just complete meals, lay off any sweets and maybe try temporary going vegetarian. Can't give you any workout tips I'm afraid.

Muscle or fat? Muscle I guess. :P I suggest you eat food with a lot of protein and calories, and work out (working out is pretty crucial cause otherwise you'll just get fat). Why anybody would want to gain weight is beyond me though.
Marnesia Steele

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 7:35 am

I used to drink a slim-fast for breakfast but I was never overweight, I did it because it was quick and I could drink it on the go. It filled me up decently too. I wouldn't recommend eating supplements in place of real meals though it's probably not a good idea.
YO MAma

Post » Wed May 30, 2012 11:04 pm

Eat less red meat, eat more fish, chicken and vegetables.

Try cut down on as many carbohydrates as you can.
Becky Palmer

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 1:20 am

As has been mentioned, replacing meals with supplements is not a good idea. That's why they're called supplements.
Terry

Post » Wed May 30, 2012 9:38 pm

They're suppose to http://www.thefreedictionary.com/supplement a healthy diet, not replace it :tongue:.

Muscle or fat? Muscle I guess. :tongue: I suggest you eat food with a lot of protein and calories, and work out (working out is pretty crucial cause otherwise you'll just get fat). Why anybody would want to gain weight is beyond me though.
I'd probably would look better with another ten kilos or so of muscle (I'm not quite lanky, but I think the bulk would better suit my frame). It's something that's been on my todo list for a long time, but various things have kept me from getting to it :(.

EDIT: For those still on that outdated system of measurements, 10kg is 22lb. Since I'm currently ~185lb (84kg), that would take me up to 207lb (or 63 hundredths of a talanton).
Batricia Alele

Post » Wed May 30, 2012 9:21 pm

The big trick is to simply not consume more calories than your body actually needs on a daily basis.

For most people that live sedentary lifestyles, that would mean "eat very little" but most of the time that's just about as unhealthy as eating a "normal" amount of food. So the solution, really, is to just introduce more activity in your life. Whether that's through working out or something else, it doesn't matter. Other than that, all you can do is make sure you're eating a healthy balance of food stuffs. Your body should take care of the rest.

In my case, my metabolism is so high that anything I eat is almost completely expended in one way or another. In otherwords, I couldn't get fat if I tried. But a consequence of this is that I have difficulty putting on much muscle and I'm plagued by occasional bouts of hyperactive, spastic flailings of the arms and mouthpiece. :tongue:

Well as for me I don't work out (WAAAAY too lazy and I find it pointless)
In what way is working out pointless?
Farrah Barry

Post » Wed May 30, 2012 4:38 pm

They're suppose to http://www.thefreedictionary.com/supplement a healthy diet, not replace it :tongue:.
Truth be told, if you have a healthy diet, you shouldn't need supplements at all.
Steph

Post » Wed May 30, 2012 10:33 pm

Truth be told, if you have a healthy diet, you shouldn't need supplements at all.
No one ever needs supplements. They use them because they're trying to encourage their body to make certain adjustments to its metabolic system. People who drink protein shakes after a workout (for example) do it because they're trying to encourage their body to put on muscle mass.
Averielle Garcia

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 7:55 am

No one ever needs supplements. They use them because they're trying to encourage their body to make certain adjustments to its metabolic system. People who drink protein shakes after a workout (for example) do it because they're trying to encourage their body to put on muscle mass.
Or, more frequently in my experience, they use them because they have no idea how the human body works and are just buying into whatever they advertise.
Alyce Argabright

Post » Wed May 30, 2012 7:16 pm

Instead of chewing gum, chew bacon. You can brush your teeth with milkshakes. And if you're unsure about something rub it against a piece of paper. If it turns clear, its your window to weight gain.
+++CAZZY

Post » Wed May 30, 2012 6:39 pm

In what way is working out pointless?

Ton of ways. First off many work out to be able to defend themselves, however it is a very ineffective method of self defense compared to how much effort is put into it. Second off if you get too bulky then you will become less athletic and being athletic is more useful than being strong IMO. Technically the only point is aesthetics and I prefer to look somewhat slim than bulked up. Also by working out I mean lifting weights, not running, sports etc. Those activities are great and get you fit. I guess I don't see the point in repeatedly lifting large pieces of metal. However if one DOES want to have strength and endurance, physical labor is much more effective than working out.
kirsty joanne hines

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 1:30 am

Instead of chewing gum, chew bacon. You can brush your teeth with milkshakes. And if you're unsure about something rub it against a piece of paper. If it turns clear, its your window to weight gain.
Hahaha. :D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King-Size_Homer
Paula Rose

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 6:01 am

No no no no. You never replace a entire meal with a supplement, and especially not all three meals. They are called supplements for a reason, they supplement a meal, meaning they add onto. Eat whatever healthy stuff you want, then take the supplement for protein, but you need to be getting your calories.

And usually you only use supplements if your trying to gain muscle, not lose fat. Just stick with the usual healthy plan. Salads, fruits, fish, chicken etc. No red meat. Celery is the wonder vegetable for losing weight, since it takes more energy to burn than it actually gives you, so if your ever pushing your calorie limit and you are still hungry, munch on that.
Ella Loapaga

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 1:33 am

Eat a whole lot.
tried that. didn't work
Muscle or fat? Muscle I guess. :tongue: I suggest you eat food with a lot of protein and calories, and work out (working out is pretty crucial cause otherwise you'll just get fat). Why anybody would want to gain weight is beyond me though.
mostly muscle. i'm quite underweight, so i need to gain a bit to be in the 'normal' range

oh lol, that's hilariuos.
Motionsharp

Post » Wed May 30, 2012 4:29 pm

Ton of ways. First off many work out to be able to defend themselves, however it is a very ineffective method of self defense compared to how much effort is put into it. Second off if you get too bulky then you will become less athletic and being athletic is more useful than being strong IMO. Technically the only point is aesthetics and I prefer to look somewhat slim than bulked up. Also by working out I mean lifting weights, not running, sports etc. Those activities are great and get you fit. I guess I don't see the point in repeatedly lifting large pieces of metal. However if one DOES want to have strength and endurance, physical labor is much more effective than working out.
Working out isn't just lifting weights. And lifting weights isn't just for bulking up. There are ways to stay lean. While I'm not expert on it, I imagine it involves low weight and many reps.
Kelvin

Next

Return to Othor Games