Universitas Arcanaram conflicts patched

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:25 am

I have always loved http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/32432/?. It's a great overhaul of the Arcane University that is fully compatible with Better Cities and Midas Magic. It gives the university a nice face lift and adds a teleportation network with all of the mages guild halls in Cyrodiil.

Its a very well done mod, but it is slightly older and has not been updated since 2010. As a result, there are conflicts with both the Unofficial Oblivion Patch and Weather - All Natural/Real Lights that were not corrected by the original Universitas Author Lambton Worm. The conflicts are not that significant but are somewhat annoying, and include things like floating lights, rain falling through the roof into interior spaces, misplaced wall sections and certain NPCs getting stuck behind the doors to the arcane university lobby.

I have released a pair of patches that resolves all of these conflicts and fixes a minor bug in Universitas Arcanarum. The patches are available http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/47533/?. Please report any issues in the patches so I can fix them. Thanks.

Sasha Brown

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:16 am

hello, was wondering if you could make an optional version of this mod, having all the features you added via your patches + with the teleports inside the mage guild removed.

This is due to the fact that these teleports make them mod incompatbile with the following two mods:

Cyrodil travel services

Mages guild improved

Leonie Connor

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:46 am

I don't understand. Why would teleports make this incompatible with those mods?

Annika Marziniak

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:56 am

aren't these teleporters put onto the same place?

Queen

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:38 pm

I can't "remove" them without editing the Universitas Arcanaram esp directly, and I don't read the Universitas Arcanaram permissions to allow replacement esp files to be uploaded, only patches. I might be able to disable them with a patch, but I might need to do more than that to resolve the conflicts, and if I ended up needing to make either of those mods a master, then I would need to get permission from the mod authors of those two mods.

Given the other projects I have on my plate, I probably don't have time to deal with all that right now, but I will keep it in mind for the future.

Amber Ably

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:18 pm

I'd just like to thank you for making these patches. I haven't given them a try yet, I didn't even realise there were any issues (I haven't installed All Natural yet, but will soon). But I've been loving UA so far, so I'm pleased that it now should play nice with the UOP and All Natural.

Kahli St Dennis

Return to IV - Oblivion