Unofficial Fallout New Vegas Bug Report Thread

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:05 pm

This thread is for anyone who needs help with, or just wants to report any bug they've found since Patch 1.02. This thread is to avoid any repeated or unneeded threads. Please coat any spoilers in spoiler tags.

Post away.
Kelly James

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:21 pm

What bugs did Last Best Hope Of Humanity find ?
Pants

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:20 pm

What bugs did Last Best Hope Of Humanity find ?

Not many. But just now I noticed Doc Richards from Camp Forlorn Hope just up and leave the medical center, and then run out into the middle of the wastes. He ran around in circles for a few seconds and then ran back. Guess he just needed some exercise and fresh air. :shrug:
Bryanna Vacchiano

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:41 am

I think this is a bug because I don't see a strong case for this being intentional.

My ONLY option in the Brotherhood part of "For the Republic, Part 2" is to destroy the BoS. I've completed "In the Dark", I'm idolized by them, I brought along Veronica just from hope that she'd help, but all that Elder McNara will tell me is "I apologize, outsider, but I'm going to be busy for a little while making preparations for lifting the lockdown." After some snooping I've found that the reason this is happening is because I teased the idea of replacing McNara with Harding. I never had intent to do so but out of curiosity of the BoS's history and structure I looked up "The Chains that Bind" and whatnot, but I took no action to supply the information to Harding.

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I'm not going to complete this part of the quest until a patch is released, or for quite a while until I can't take it anymore.
David John Hunter

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:53 pm

I started a new game the other day, and from him talking to me on the bed all the way until the final crash at his couch during the word similarity test it just kept freezing up, then playing after a couple of minutes only to freeze up again.

I've officially given up.
Allison Sizemore

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:18 am

Only bug that annoys me to no end is the immortal goo and ashe pile that results from ew useage >:(
Your Mum

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:19 pm

I started a new game the other day, and from him talking to me on the bed all the way until the final crash at his couch during the word similarity test it just kept freezing up, then playing after a couple of minutes only to freeze up again.

Console or PC? If PC and if a reinstall doesn't help... I'd really begin to suspect partial hardware failure; memory errors, sound or graphics (or Hard drive!).
It could be the hard drive on an Xbox as well, if that's your platform.

I run it on WinXP64 with a 9800gtx with (currently) integrated sound and Muskin DDR2 RAM. I've had very sparse problems and zero crashes (that were not directly related to user mods).
That's not to gloat or anything, just to mention that the game is acting odd on your system (or mine :o) ;be it from hardware fatigue, or just buggy support of that hardware :shrug: ~who knows.

**I know a bug, but not if its been fixed... The Reloading bench menu will add a scroll bar to any recipe with more than four components. It works, but using the scroll bar causes the menu to never update again (without exiting and re-opening it); meaning that hovering the mouse over other recipes will no longer show their components. There are no recipes in the default game (that I know of) that use more than four components, but its still a bug, and one that many modders might not notice when making recipes in their own mods. I didn't notice it myself at first, but eventually figured it out.
Rachel Hall

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:40 am

I think this is a bug because I don't see a strong case for this being intentional.

My ONLY option in the Brotherhood part of "For the Republic, Part 2" is to destroy the BoS. I've completed "In the Dark", I'm idolized by them, I brought along Veronica just from hope that she'd help, but all that Elder McNara will tell me is "I apologize, outsider, but I'm going to be busy for a little while making preparations for lifting the lockdown." After some snooping I've found that the reason this is happening is because I teased the idea of replacing McNara with Harding. I never had intent to do so but out of curiosity of the BoS's history and structure I looked up "The Chains that Bind" and whatnot, but I took no action to supply the information to Harding.

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I'm not going to complete this part of the quest until a patch is released, or for quite a while until I can't take it anymore.

Did you wait 24 hours after Still in the Dark?
louise tagg

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:45 pm

Just ran across another bug. Whenever I try to get Cass to use a stimpak, she'll say something about how she's "Sweet as roses" then drop dead. Never happened before the patch.

Edit: It seems like it only happens when she's poisoned.
x a million...

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:19 pm

i vote:

"Its alright. I would like for it to have covered more bugs, but it's nothing game-breaking"

i really wish they would have fixed the reloading anim for the Repeater and Trail Carbine, also they didn't fix the day reset (day resets back to sunday), so i have to turn hardcoe mode off and wait 3 days for my vendors can respawn, then turn hardcoe mode back on
I'm on PC, if there is any fixes on Nexus for these let me know please :sadvaultboy:
josh evans

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:43 pm

I'm playing on ps3. While the game doesn't completely freeze as much there are certain locations on the map that make the games framerate slow to about one per second. It has froze on me once at forlorn hope and I had to quit at the mormon fort because the slowdown was so bad.

Oh and even more annoying is that I can't finish the BoS quest because i'm stuck waiting for hardin.
Juan Cerda

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:03 pm

I had this it's likely hardware and you'll find it popping up in other programs.
If you are on pc that is, my current work around untill I can get checked out is to turn off any power management in the control panel and run your pc as program friendly.
This may help you too.

Has anyone noticed a DT issue with their player?, my current character a non sneak h2h'er is losing a ton of health to low grade weapons despite having a massive DT 30+.
They have stone wall, hit the deck, toughness X2, and Subdermal implant, take med X for DR and often wear faction armour is there a problem screwing up DT with any of these.
Or has anyone else encountered higher damage post patch on any weapon type, towards their player character..
djimi

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:01 pm

I can't play at the moment because my game crashes everytime I'm trying to save.
Kelli Wolfe

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:03 am

I'm playing on ps3. While the game doesn't completely freeze as much there are certain locations on the map that make the games framerate slow to about one per second. It has froze on me once at forlorn hope and I had to quit at the mormon fort because the slowdown was so bad.

I play on the 360, and the only fix I've found for this is to go back to the dashboard (Or whatever the equivalent of that is on the PS3), and just start the game up again from there. I've found that this also helps speed up loading screens.
Lawrence Armijo

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:31 pm

I can't play at the moment because my game crashes everytime I'm trying to save.

Are you by any chance using the Populated Wasteland mod? That's known to cause crashes when people try to save.
X(S.a.R.a.H)X

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:48 am

Are you by any chance using the Populated Wasteland mod? That's known to cause crashes when people try to save.

As a matter in fact, I got it working by disabling it. But thanks for the late advice anyway.
Clea Jamerson

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:39 pm

Thanks, I got my saves working now.
Elina

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:48 pm

Well one bug I noticed was three NCR troopers spawning in the minefield area between Camp Forlorn Hope and Nelson. Then they headed to the middle of Nelson and die. Eventualy they respawn where they died and also another three NCR troopers spawn from the same spot in the minefield.
Currently in my game there are nine NCR troops trying to get to the same spot in the middle of Nelson and all of the Legionaires outside are dead except for the three in the barracks building. Also I have not started any of the Forlorn Hope missions.
Benji

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:20 pm

Well one bug I noticed was three NCR troopers spawning in the minefield area between Camp Forlorn Hope and Nelson. Then they headed to the middle of Nelson and die. Eventualy they respawn where they died and also another three NCR troopers spawn from the same spot in the minefield.
Currently in my game there are nine NCR troops trying to get to the same spot in the middle of Nelson and all of the Legionaires outside are dead except for the three in the barracks building. Also I have not started any of the Forlorn Hope missions.

Jeez. Hope and Nelson seem to be a hotspot for random bugs.
meg knight

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:37 am

Hate to double-post, but I just ran across another bug. Whenever I go into the Atomic Wrangler and talk to Fisto, and then just select the "Maybe later." option, I'm awarded 10 caps. Weird.
Louise Andrew

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:43 pm

Hate to double-post, but I just ran across another bug. Whenever I go into the Atomic Wrangler and talk to Fisto, and then just select the "Maybe later." option, I'm awarded 10 caps. Weird.

I think this one's been around since release. I'm also fairly certain it's a well known one, so either it isn't considered a bug, or it's just not important enough to warrant fixing yet when they've got other more important stuff to worry about.
BTW- if that last part of the post sounds la bit flame-y/aggressive/suggesting you shouldn't post it cause it's not important, that is NOT my intention. I just mean that they might just save it for a later patch, if at all :)

*EDIT* P.s, is my avatar still a tarsier, or has it changed to a black dog? I changed it earlier, but now all I'm seeing is a slightly warped old avatar and not a dog, wondering if it's just me that can't see it which has happened before.
MISS KEEP UR

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:21 pm

I think this one's been around since release. I'm also fairly certain it's a well known one, so either it isn't considered a bug, or it's just not important enough to warrant fixing yet when they've got other more important stuff to worry about.
BTW- if that last part of the post sounds la bit flame-y/aggressive/suggesting you shouldn't post it cause it's not important, that is NOT my intention. I just mean that they might just save it for a later patch, if at all :)

*EDIT* P.s, is my avatar still a tarsier, or has it changed to a black dog? I changed it earlier, but now all I'm seeing is a slightly warped old avatar and not a dog, wondering if it's just me that can't see it which has happened before.

Nope, it's still a tarsier.
Mariana

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:56 pm

Nope, it's still a tarsier.

I fixeded it.

Also, I have noticed a strange... don't know what to call it, occurrence I guess, when if say I mod a weapon or even just change weapon types, my pip-boy will sort of...jump...It shifts very rapidly up, or to the side. I'm just curious to know if anyone else gets this? It's nothing major, just a little strange.
Chloe Lou

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:31 pm

Still can't send Companions to the Lucky 38.
BethanyRhain

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:50 pm

Did you wait 24 hours after Still in the Dark?

Oh gosh, its been DAYS.
jasminε

Next

Return to Fallout: New Vegas