1.8 UpdateSolstheim DLC discussion Thread - #32

Post » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:33 pm

mask of Cthulhu? j/k Definitely dragon priest. Exciting.
josh evans

Post » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:37 pm

where did you get that information from?
Petr Jordy Zugar

Post » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:52 am

where did you get that information from?

Which information exactly?
Kari Depp

Post » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:11 pm

HOLY CRAP- I was just joking about the Cthulhu thing but look at the link title: img338.imageshack.us/img338/6471/cthulhupriest Just right click and go to properties... "CTHULHU PRIEST?"
J.P loves

Post » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:46 pm

HOLY CRAP- I was just joking about the Cthulhu thing but look at the link title: img338.imageshack.us/img338/6471/cthulhupriest Just right click and go to properties... "CTHULHU PRIEST?"

Well, there is a theory which I count myself in that holds that the figure in the picture is in fact a priest of Hermaeus Mora who the Cthulhu Mythos influenced a fair bit . Check the previous thread for the evidence behind this claim.
Wanda Maximoff

Post » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:19 am

Wasn't water enhancement in the Game Jam?

The didnt add it to game yet. But maybe it is full of bugs. Especially since the water by lake view manor keeps glitching with square patches missing from the water. really annoying.
Cheryl Rice

Post » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:21 pm

http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1420204-18-betasolstheim-dlc-discussion-thread-28/page__view__findpost__p__21726754 (unless someone can back this up?)
YEs, I posted a screenshot of this in one of the much earlier threads. Update.esm has a new saddle bone added to the body part data for dragons.
Kayleigh Mcneil

Post » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:25 pm

The didnt add it to game yet. But maybe it is full of bugs. Especially since the water by lake view manor keeps glitching with square patches missing from the water. really annoying.

Do you happen to play Skyrim on PC with mods? Perhaps it could be a mod conflict. I'm asking because I had a similar problem with a mod, though this was without Hearthfire.
Eduardo Rosas

Post » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:21 pm

What ability do you think the mask gives you? Breathe underwater? Ride dragon? Summon HM daedra? Ideas?
Natasha Biss

Post » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:30 am

Do you happen to play Skyrim on PC with mods? Perhaps it could be a mod conflict. I'm asking because I had a similar problem with a mod, though this was without Hearthfire.

I play on xbox 360. Well I think it may have been the water without mods or dlcs. I think i noticed it more because lakeview is near water and i spend a lot of time there. Bethesda needs to fix the missing water bug and maybe enhance the water with all the flow based shaders.
Kelly Tomlinson

Post » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:57 pm

What ability do you think the mask gives you? Breathe underwater? Ride dragon? Summon HM daedra? Ideas?
HM Daedra is Hermaeus Mora, so I doubt it. I mean the main pic does have to do with Miraak I heard the Head Priest of Hermaeus Mora, but it probably is some sort of nice enchantment. Ride Dragon is apparently in it's own world space which I am still trying to figure out how that would work. If that is the mask you are talking about. In the files there are several Dragon Priest Helm types, from Ultra, to Iron.
Liv Brown

Post » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:19 pm

Well my idea is that the mask might give a bonus to shout recharging. e.g half the recharge time for shouts. Or Shouts no longer need to be recharged. On those lines.
jessica Villacis

Post » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:47 pm

You know- when you name the title of a DLC "Dragonborn" it makes me think that this DLC is Dovahkiin's "Swan Song." So, what's paramount for someone who is Dragonborn?
Andrew Lang

Post » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:46 pm

OPH GOD YES AN UPDATE!
Rachel Hall

Post » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:49 pm

You know- when you name the title of a DLC "Dragonborn" it makes me think that this DLC is Dovahkiin's "Swan Song." So, what's paramount for someone who is Dragonborn?

It does sound pretty final to me as well. Not that you will die, per-se... but more that this sounds like it was intended as the final expansion.

Especially when you consider it was only these three expansions (Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn) that were copywrited at the same time.

...now, maybe, they might've underestimated Skyrim's popularity and if the sales of Dragonborn are good enough they may add new ones... but I am getting a bit of a "finale" feel for this one.
Isaiah Burdeau

Post » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:15 pm

It does sound pretty final to me as well. Not that you will die, per-se... but more that this sounds like it was intended as the final expansion.

Especially when you consider it was only these three expansions (Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn) that were copywrited at the same time.

...now, maybe, they might've underestimated Skyrim's popularity and if the sales of Dragonborn are good enough they may add new ones... but I am getting a bit of a "finale" feel for this one.

I wonder what happens to a Dragon's soul once it dies, seeing as how the Dragonborn's soul is that of a Dragon. Does it go through the Dreamsleeve?
louise fortin

Post » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:41 pm

Dragonborn is DLC2 it's indicated in the files. Hearthfire had some abbreviation for it. I wonder if the next "add-on" is Fus Ro Dah, and expands on shouting, or it might have nothing to do with it like Hearthfire, actually never mind, "Children's day" is the 19th, They copyrighted that around the same time too. Probably won't be until next year until we know what the other names will be.
NAkeshIa BENNETT

Post » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:49 pm

Oh god... please not weredragons...
Kitana Lucas

Post » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:41 pm

Would you guys be upset about discovering the reason behind the disappearance of the dwarves in this game?

New Lore introduced in this game (or maybe it was in an older game as well) states that because the Dwemer cities exist so far below ground that it is possible even after the disappearance Dwemer could have continued existing under Tamriel. Simply put like the one Snow Elf we could run into a Dwemer which wouldn't be the first time as there has been a ghost and a deformed one in past games.
Bitter End

Post » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:31 pm

Oh god... please not weredragons...

What about weresquids?
Nichola Haynes

Post » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:27 am

I wonder if because Hearthfire was cut short because of the PS3 issue (personal speculation) if we will see some content that would have made it into Hearthfire in this new expansion.
Jhenna lee Lizama

Post » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:25 pm

New Lore introduced in this game (or maybe it was in an older game as well) states that because the Dwemer cities exist so far below ground that it is possible even after the disappearance Dwemer could have continued existing under Tamriel. Simply put like the one Snow Elf we could run into a Dwemer which wouldn't be the first time as there has been a ghost and a deformed one in past games.

It's entirely possible that some dwemer who didn't participate in the creation of the Numidium might have survived. For your information the Numidium is in major part composed of the combined souls of a LOT of dwemer (almost all most likely). Going any further into this we will be having a conversation about the deep metaphysics of TES.
Soraya Davy

Post » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:24 pm

It's entirely possible that some dwemer who didn't participate in the creation of the Numidium might have survived.

The Dwemer from Clan Rourken, on the opposite side of Tamriel disappeared. Yagrum Bagarn survived because he wasn't in Mundus. Though I could imagine that in Apophycra you meet some Dwemer who sold his soul to Hermaeus Mora thousands of years ago or something.
Nathan Barker

Post » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:23 pm

It's entirely possible that some dwemer who didn't participate in the creation of the Numidium might have survived. For your information the Numidium is in major part composed of the combined souls of a LOT of dwemer (almost all most likely). Going any further into this we will be having a conversation about the deep metaphysics of TES.
I would probably have to read up on the subject before said conversation could happen. It would be a fun read though. :)
Betsy Humpledink

Post » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:08 pm

The Dwemer from Clan Rourken, on the opposite side of Tamriel disappeared. Yagrum Bagarn survived because he wasn't in Mundus. Though I could imagine that in Apophycra you meet some Dwemer who sold his soul to Hermaeus Mora thousands of years ago or something.

I think I remembered some book in Skyrim detailing a Dwemer City created after the events at Red Mountain... Though I could be wrong.
kasia

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim