usin Morrowind FPS optimizer v 2 morrowind expanded and MGE

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Using Morrowind FPS optimizer V 2 with Morrowind Expanded and MGE lastest ( updated when a new version is out ).
My rig is a dual core 2.8 XP pro, with 3 gigs of ram, and ATI card is a 5670 ( XP only go 3, the board will go to 4 gigs )

Question is do I need the Optimizer ? And what are some good stable setting ? If I run them both?
There seems to be the same identical settings in MGE, Optimizer does have the True form for ATI , and I have an ATI card
The Setting drive me mad, so any suggestion on having optimizer and MGE working in harmony would be great, that is of course if I need optimizer.
My game runs fine most of the time, with 157 mods, Have has some Morrowind crashes, but hey it's old and so I save a lot. Think the crashes are more related to XP that Morrowind. Running GOTY. and have of course the latest updates , thanks to Planet Elder and all the hard working modellers like BTB, and the Morrowind Patch Team who keep it working and make this game great still. ( just thought I say thanks)

The Morrowind Expanded works well , never have gotten into rage mode yet , but trance have saved my behind a bit :)

Morrowind code patch 1.9 Not compatible with FPS Opt 2.0. so If I need FPS, by popular suggestion I'll get version FPS Opt 1.96 , was running 1.6 patch with FPS v 2, or a least I think it was running. but just missed that update, 157 mods I miss one!
Solina971

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 2:49 pm

Don't use Version 2.0 There are well documented problems with it. (and is incompatible with the essential Code Patch)
Version 1.96 is the stable version.: http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=utilities.detail&id=22

I use MGE and the FPS Opt. Although I only use MGE for the MWSE it has. But just open the FPS Opt, then launch Morrowind from the Morrowind.exe
MGE and FPS Opt will work accordingly.
Ann Church

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 3:32 am

AFAIK, ATI True Form is no longer supported by ATI on their newer cards - that feature of FPSO is for legacy support of older ATI hardware and drivers.

FPSO v1.96 also has some additional features not available thru MGE / superior to MGE:

* more precise speed adjustment of view distance when keeping framerate stable, by linear or quadratic algorithms
* pluginless crosshair toggle with advanced options for auto-activation and auto-hide
* working music volume and next track keybinds (equivalent functions in recent versions of MGE are broken)
* separate indoor/outdoor shadow and gamma level settings
* option to auto-activate run mode in combat
* turbo haggle - dramatically increases the change between haggle values using quadratic formula (great for quickly reaching extreme values)
* option to hide visually small objects in distance to help boost fps in busy areas
* advanced mouse acceleration options
* in-game interface size multiplier up to 2x - useful for reading text on large display resolutions beyond Morrowind's defaults

All these features compliment MGE nicely. However, if you decide to use FPS Optimizer, be sure to disable MGE's 'Keep FPS constant' option, otherwise you will probably end up with worse performance.

The 'Morrowind Expanded' plugin mod is compatible with both FPSO and MGE.
cheryl wright

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 4:27 pm

AFAIK, ATI True Form is no longer supported by ATI on their newer cards - that feature of FPSO is for legacy support of older ATI hardware and drivers.

FPSO v1.96 also has some additional features not available thru MGE / superior to MGE:

* more precise speed adjustment of view distance when keeping framerate stable, by linear or quadratic algorithms
* pluginless crosshair toggle with advanced options for auto-activation and auto-hide
* working music volume and next track keybinds (equivalent functions in recent versions of MGE are broken)
* separate indoor/outdoor shadow and gamma level settings
* option to auto-activate run mode in combat
* turbo haggle - dramatically increases the change between haggle values using quadratic formula (great for quickly reaching extreme values)
* option to hide visually small objects in distance to help boost fps in busy areas
* advanced mouse acceleration options
* in-game interface size multiplier up to 2x - useful for reading text on large display resolutions beyond Morrowind's defaults

All these features compliment MGE nicely. However, if you decide to use FPS Optimizer, be sure to disable MGE's 'Keep FPS constant' option, otherwise you will probably end up with worse performance.

The 'Morrowind Expanded' plugin mod is compatible with both FPSO and MGE.

Thanks for that, I use TLM, (The Lightning Mod ) so the only thing I see is the separate indoor/outdoor shadow and gamma level settings , conflict there ?,
The ATI true form ,I'm now informed thanks. So I assume to un-check the boxes ( little boxes all in a road, mmm the show :))....to make sure, it's not been loaded since it's not supported in the HD 5670
latrina

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 3:31 pm

Thanks for that, I use TLM, (The Lightning Mod ) so the only thing I see is the separate indoor/outdoor shadow and gamma level settings , conflict there ?,
The ATI true form ,I'm now informed thanks. So I assume to un-check the boxes ( little boxes all in a road, mmm the show :))....to make sure, it's not been loaded since it's not supported in the HD 5670

The only 'conflict' with TLM would maybe be setting too high a gamma level indoors, thus defeating the purpose of the ambient lighting changes TLM makes.

No need to uncheck all those boxes - just make sure that 'n-patch' tab >> 'options' tab (bottom one on the left with sideways lettering) >> 'enabled' checkbox is unchecked. ;)
Margarita Diaz

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 4:24 am

The only 'conflict' with TLM would maybe be setting too high a gamma level indoors, thus defeating the purpose of the ambient lighting changes TLM makes.

No need to uncheck all those boxes - just make sure that 'n-patch' tab >> 'options' tab (bottom one on the left with sideways lettering) >> 'enabled' checkbox is unchecked. ;)

ok all sweet . The only question remaining is .
With MGE and FPS , they some overlapping ability. Do I allow the AI view binding ,as an example , to be done by FPS or MGE, . Just tying to let the best one, to control what it's best at. If you know what I mean.
C.L.U.T.C.H

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 11:44 am

ok all sweet . The only question remaining is .
With MGE and FPS , they some overlapping ability. Do I allow the AI view binding ,as an example , to be done by FPS or MGE, . Just tying to let the best one, to control what it's best at. If you know what I mean.

You'll want to use one method only from either app, but for best results I'd recommend using the AI view binding method from the one you decide to use to keep fps consistent, i.e. either let FPSO handle each method or let MGE handle both.
Laura-Lee Gerwing

Return to III - Morrowind