VDMSound and other questions

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:43 am

Will VDMSound instead of DOSBox work for Arena/Daggerfall/Battlespire/Redguard?

Do these games have any mods?

Last thing. I read on these forums about something called "dfskills" that raises the skill cap in Daggerfall. Is there something similar for Arena/Battlespire? Is something like that even necessary for Arena/Battlespire? Are there any other things in the same vein for Arena/Battlespire/Daggerfall?

Asking mainly cause I have a friend giving me his collection of old games, among them all of the old TES games and System Shock.

Thanks ^^
maria Dwyer

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:04 am

Battlespire won't run with VDMSound at all, and Daggerfall will be buggy. DOSBox is better to use.

There's no such thing as 'dfskills' for the other games as far as I know.
Nicholas C

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:11 am

And what about mods for the games? Or wouldn't you know?
Tracey Duncan

Post » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:59 pm

Since the TESCS only came in with Morrowind, user created mods were scarce for any TES games before that. As far as I know, neither Arena nor Battlespire had any mods, but Daggerfall did have some user-created mods. Note that due to the lack of a construction set or any modding program, it was difficult to create mods, and thus the small number.

Most of these mods can be found http://www.svatopluk.com/daggerfall/mods/, including the most well-known Daggerfall mod, Andyfall.
Marine Arrègle

Post » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:22 pm

Fair enough. ^^ Thanks for the help. ^^
Alex Blacke

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion