Veronica's quest triggers

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:47 am

You have to visit certain locations for Veronica's quest to trigger. Supposidly she will have a commsnt at these locations. One is Nipton where you are supposed to wander around and eventually she will say sometrhing.. I took her there and walked around, and around, and around... Nohting Is there a particular place in Nipton that is the trigger? I am worried that, like my previous partially complete playthrough, I won't be able to get her quest to start. Any other suggestions as to how to get it kicked off would also be welcome. PC version character at lvl 6. Thanks.
lolly13

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:14 am

You have to visit certain locations for Veronica's quest to trigger. Supposidly she will have a commsnt at these locations. One is Nipton where you are supposed to wander around and eventually she will say sometrhing.. I took her there and walked around, and around, and around... Nohting Is there a particular place in Nipton that is the trigger? I am worried that, like my previous partially complete playthrough, I won't be able to get her quest to start. Any other suggestions as to how to get it kicked off would also be welcome. PC version character at lvl 6. Thanks.

Go to Nellis AFB and ask the kid there who tells you the history of the Boomers to tell the story. Watch the whole thing all the way through with Veronica present.
lucy chadwick

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:38 am

Go to Nellis AFB and ask the kid there who tells you the history of the Boomers to tell the story. Watch the whole thing all the way through with Veronica present.

I'll give it a shot, thanks.
yermom

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:53 am

I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Yes, that actually triggered a comment. Time to try a couple other places. Thanks.
Mistress trades Melissa

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:52 am

In two play throughs I could not get her speeches to trigger. This is the fix I used;

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:I_Could_Make_You_Care#Possible_console_command_workaround_to_start_I_Could_Make_You_Care

1. Open the console and input "set "00145f85".nReactionPending to 4".

2. Then, select veronica and input "addscriptpackage 0014779f". Exit the console.

That will trigger one of her lines. Talk to her. All you need to do is repeat the steps above two times, changing the "4" on the first line to 3 and 7. When you talk to her for the third time, the quest will trigger.BSMaker 03:52, November 2, 2010 (UTC)
Laura-Lee Gerwing

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:30 pm

In two play throughs I could not get her speeches to trigger. This is the fix I used;

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:I_Could_Make_You_Care#Possible_console_command_workaround_to_start_I_Could_Make_You_Care

1. Open the console and input "set "00145f85".nReactionPending to 4".

2. Then, select veronica and input "addscriptpackage 0014779f". Exit the console.

That will trigger one of her lines. Talk to her. All you need to do is repeat the steps above two times, changing the "4" on the first line to 3 and 7. When you talk to her for the third time, the quest will trigger.BSMaker 03:52, November 2, 2010 (UTC)

Thanks! I never saw that part of the Wiki. I think maybe the the Veronica script assumes that quests are done in a certain order and if you do too much without going to the trigger points, the quest breaks. Given the issues with Veronica not leveling properly, it seems like her character was done quickly at the end?
priscillaaa

Return to Fallout: New Vegas