Vibrant Morrowind 4.0 or Visual Pack?

Post » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:56 pm

In your opinion which texture mod is better?
James Hate

Post » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:20 pm

I use Visual Pack and then tons of stuff on top of that. Vibrant Morrowind is great texture work, but it can really only appeal to really specific people. Vibrant Morrowind takes too many liberties, in my opinion, but that is kind of the whole point of that pack in the first place.

If you want a pack that is semi true to the originals, use Visual Pack and then do some poking around for some replacers for more specific things. If you want to draw Morrowind out of it's psuedo-realism and into a much more decidedly fantasy realm, Vibrant Morrowind will do that for you.
Kayleigh Williams

Post » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:45 am

In your opinion which texture mod is better?

There is no best in art. There is only different.

-----------------------------------
from the definition write up.
First line.
-------------------------------
Vibrant means colorful.
Please don't download if this is not your style of play.
-------------------------------
Manny(BAKE)

Post » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:07 pm

http://etherealsoftware.com.au/textpacks/
Victoria Bartel

Post » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:59 pm

http://etherealsoftware.com.au/textpacks/

Thanks for posting that.
It's old and only shows Vibrant Morrowind 2.0 ( each version has almost all new textures ).. But the fps is the same as Vibrant Morrowind 4.0 as I don't believe in over size textures.

Elaura was nice enough it do some screen shot of Vibrant Morrowind 4.0
http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m313/gulfwulf/Vibrant%20screenshots/
Vibrant lights and vibrant trees are plug-in and not needed to plug the mod.
Vibrant skies is it's own download.
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=7461&id=8373
Jessica Stokes

Post » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:14 am

There is no best in art. There is only different.

I was waiting for this post. :P

But yeah he's right.

My favourite however is neither, it's Connary's. :)

Vibrant Morrowind looks good though.

The newly released http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1115081-rel-richer-textures/ would make a nice base replacer to install first. I think it covers some things that other packs don't...
Josh Lozier

Post » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:06 am

I use Vibrant Morrowind 4. I know most people prefer textures closer to the originals, but for me the appeal of Vibrant Morrowind is that they don't look very much like the originals. If you ask me Vibrant Morrowind adds some much needed color to the hame, and after seven years of playing unmodded Morrowind on the Xbox I figured it was time for a change of scenery so to speak,
Harry Hearing

Post » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:09 pm

I went with Visual Pack, VP Nature, and VP XT, with a number of Connary's and several other artists' specific texture sets overwriting those.

Vibrant Morrowind made too much of a change to the overall feel of the scenery for my liking. Although it was very good from an artistic standpoint, I just didn't want that look.
Mario Alcantar

Post » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:56 am

I use the visual pack as a base for the texture replacers I use; this pack however has about 300 of the 850 textures being replaced by other texture packs. I use about 600 of Connary's textures, 71 of the mixed texture pack, Alan's silt strider, 15 from hi res Mournhold, 40 from jarrod's bloodmoon texture pack, 14 from Mourning of BamzAmschend, 23 from S.S. Architecture Retexture, 22 textures in which I have tweaked/modded to make better, 15 from UT bitter coast, texture fix bloodmoon, and a couple I have not mentioned since they replace like 5 or around there.
Obviously I have done it to my tastes, but my tastes are what looks most realistic and the most highrez in keeping close to the original way MW looked before all the texture packs. Believe me, going through 1k-2k textures is no short task.
Kay O'Hara

Post » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:00 am

I use the visual pack as a base for the texture replacers I use; this pack however has about 300 of the 850 textures being replaced by other texture packs. I use about 600 of Connary's textures, 71 of the mixed texture pack, Alan's silt strider, 15 from hi res Mournhold, 40 from jarrod's bloodmoon texture pack, 14 from Mourning of BamzAmschend, 23 from S.S. Architecture Retexture, 22 textures in which I have tweaked/modded to make better, 15 from UT bitter coast, texture fix bloodmoon, and a couple I have not mentioned since they replace like 5 or around there.
Obviously I have done it to my tastes, but my tastes are what looks most realistic and the most highrez in keeping close to the original way MW looked before all the texture packs. Believe me, going through 1k-2k textures is no short task.

I love it. Someone who counts textures. :foodndrink:
Sylvia Luciani

Post » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:36 am

It comes down to a matter of preference, really, both replacers go for a different look, and ultimately, it depends on what you want from your game.

Myself, I prefer to use Visual Pack, and combine it with some other smaller replacers that appeal to me. Making Morrowind vibrant and colorful just doesn't really fit with my vision of what the game should be. Granted, the recent trend in video games of making all the colors drab and lifeless kind of bothers me too, but I don't really want the other end of the extreme either, especially not in a game like Morrowind, which I feel actually benefits from being a little subdued in the color department. Ultimately, though, it comes down to personal preference. As some want a more brightly colored game, the best advice I can give is look at the screenshots of the different texture replacers and decide for yourself which looks better to you.
Mari martnez Martinez

Post » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:57 am

Visual Pack is good but was made a long time ago and i think a lot of textures in there are in need of updating, one strength of it is that it includes textures for a lot of misc items that most people either overlook altogether or borrow from MVP. Once you have installed a load of smaller replacers on top of Visual pack there wont be a lot of it left except perhaps the usual overlooked misc textures.

Vibrant Morrowind 4.0 is new and a lot of textures in there are top notch, i use my ownhand picked 'best of the best' (IMO) texture replacer, and found several of skydyes textures worthy of inclusion.
MISS KEEP UR

Post » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:59 pm

(snip)

Did you ever finish your seamless up date. I'd link to put a link to it from pes download of Vibrant Morrowind 4.0. Your stuff and Vurt's trees match Vibrant Morrowind 4.0 very well. :bowdown:
Alada Vaginah

Post » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:34 pm

The newly released http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1115081-rel-richer-textures/ would make a nice base replacer to install first. I think it covers some things that other packs don't...

^ This ^

Took the words right out of my mouth.
James Smart

Post » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:15 pm

Very stylized. I love it. Reminds me of Darknut's work.
Mizz.Jayy

Return to III - Morrowind