Vvardenfell: The Rebellion

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:00 pm

Vvardenfell: The Rebellion

During the 414th year of the third era, the island of Vvardenfell, located within the province of Morrowind, was at last opened for settlement, after hundreds of years of Tribunal rule. Within the next year, many colonists leave their old homes and head to this new place, eager to make use of the valuable resources located on this old volcanic island. Ancient settlements are quickly resettled, and infrastructure is built back up. Workers, entrepreneurs, priests, and legion captains all come to get their fair share of this once sacred reserve. Imperial Cult shrines are set to convert the local Tribunalists to the nine divines. Of course, the Tribunal temple doesn't take kindly to any of these acts, and push strongly for the removal of Imperial presence on Vvardenfell. Radical groups begin to form as branches of the temple, and it wasn't long before threats of war and succession from the Empire were made. The year is now 3E 420, and you are one of those outlander colonists. Whether you have come looking for work, to rise in one of the Imperial chartered companies, or to keep an effective military presence on the island, it is clear danger is on the horizons. Will you survive?

Setting: Vvardenfell district of Morrowind. It's pretty much the same as it is in the game, except that the Imperial are much less matured in development. The main forts stand, as do the mines, but the imperial cities have very few houses. No one really lives in them yet. The mines are however open for business.

I will be acting as a sort of "Dungeon Master" for the game. I won't be playing just one character I'll be using a variety to keep the story moving along(although I will post a short character description at the top of my posts). Remember, the goal of this is to survive. I will determine if your character dies(although I will try to be as fair as possible, I won't force death onto any character. It is up to your roleplayling ability to get yourself out of sticky situations). If your character dies, feel free to make another one using the template below. Once I approve your character I will let you know. If I don't, then I will give you something to fix.

Character Template:
Name: Your character's name.Race: Your character's race. Choose from one of the ten available in the games Morrowind and Oblivion, no making up races or reviving extinct ones.Age: Your character's age in years.Class: What does your character do? Is he a thief, a bard, a warrior? This doesn't mean much other than for descriptions.Physical Appearance: Include height, weight, and facial features. Personality: Brief description of how your character likes to act.Occupation: Your characters occupation. It must be related to something they can do in Vvardenfell. If you have trouble thinking of one, I can give you a few suggestions.Bio: A brief life story of your character.Weapon of Choice: Choose from the following: Dagger, Tanto, Shortsword, Broadsword, Long Sword, Katana, Saber, Claymore, Club, Staff, Mace, Warhammer, Axe, Spear, Bow, Crossbow, Hand-to-Hand, NoneSchools of Magicka: Only for those who specialize in magicka. You can choose up to three.

If you overpower your character I am more likely to decline it. There are no stats in this rp. Your ability to win is based on your ability to role play.

Accepted Characters:
tannis

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:41 pm

sounds cool, i think i'll learn a bit more bout the setting lore before i try to go along with it though^^ good job^^
jenny goodwin

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:30 pm

Name: Rorgan

Race: Altmer

Class: Wizard

Physical Appearance: 200 cm tall, thin and little, if any wrinkles.

Personality: Incredibly knowledgable and always happy to teach.

Occupation: An ex-Blade (the only magic-based Blade in Tamriel) who wants to live to Morrowind.

Bio: Rorgan was the only Magic user in the Blades. When the Emperor was in need of a body-guard, he was usually there, blending into the surrounding environment and maintaining a constant defense around the Emperor. After some time in the Blades, he decided to spend his time studying magic more. His family is rumoured to have a mixed bloodline of the Akavir and the Altmer. At birth, he has been able to cast spells to satisfy his needs and he is always seeking more and more information. Rorgan has discovered and invented many new ways of performing magic but he prefers to have a low profile and secretly stores his information in the Arcane University.

Now Rorgan is dedicating the rest of his life to study magic in Morrowind.

Weapon of Choice: Oak Staff

Schools of Magicka: Destruction, Alteration and Mysticism.
scorpion972

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion