Wasteland Australia: The Combat Wombats

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:32 am

Ok, just before I begin the game, I want everyone who is new too know that this is not the sign-up thread. Any posts that are on this thread will only involve those who are currently playing, and should post only what is happening in the game. If you have any questions, player or new, please just PM me and I will reply ASAP.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon awoke early in the morning. The sea was crashing against the shore, and a light breeze came through his partially open window. Several other's had already awoken, and were cooking breakfast, and getting things ready. Jon looked around, his room was messy, but not overly messy. He slipped on his pants, and laced up his boots, and put on his blood stained t-shirt he often wore under other clothes. The mercenary companies "mascot", a mutated ,, stood up from its bed near Jon's closet, and looked around. They had named it, Crusher, because when they found it out in the middle of the Outback, it was battling a Raider, and had gotten a grip on the Raiders arm. It instantly crushed the man's bone, and at first was not very friendly. Crusher had mutated into what could be considered a , on steroids. It was very muscular, all its muscle was very defined, it had sharp long teeth and claws, and had very thin fur.

As jon walked down the stairs, the sound and smell of breakfast being made flowted up the stair case, and through out the other rooms. Crusher had a hard time going down the stairs so Jon had to carry the mutated , down every morning. The cooks spoiled Crusher, giving him old powered eggs and sometimes meat though it was surprising how once Crusher's ancestor's were only Herbivours, and only ate vegetables and plants, now most mutated ,'s ate meat of all sorts.

Jon sat at the large table, being surved powdered eggs and insta-mash. The head chef, Dante, walked over and placed a plate of mutated Kangaroo meat, and a side of some vegetable in front of Crusher on the floor. Crusher ate calm and slow, completely opposite of what you would imagine a creature that looked like to be doing. Jon slowly ate as well. He waited for the rest to awake and join him.
Dean Brown

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:40 pm

Tim stirred from a fitful sleep, popping up and reaching for his gun. He realized he was in the Combat , base, and that he was safe there. He swung his long legs out of bed and stood up, his hair falling in his face before he put his headwrap on and headed out of his room and down the stairs. "Mornin'" he said brightly as he walked into the mess and taking a seat. He looked at Jon's plate and said, rather louder than neccesary "Ugh, kangaroo again?" mostly to annoy Dante. The cook walked past and unceramoniously dropped Tim's plate on the table, and the big man laughed hardily as he dug into the roasted 'roo. Crusher came over and brushed up against Tim's leg, and he reached down and scratched behind the ear. "Good moring to you too Crusher" he said before taking a piece of kangaroo and gave it too the carnivorous ,. "So Jon, we have any work yet?" he asked inbetween mouthfuls.
Roberto Gaeta

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:21 am

OOC: Just to let everyone know who is new to playing with me. I let everyone post atleast once after and before I post. Just so everyone can get a word in if they need to. And I would sudgest that to everyone as well, post often, but don't double or tripple post.

IC

Jon took a bite of his kangaroo.

"I'm not sure this is Kangaroo anymore."

Jon took a wiff, and quickly ate it down waiting for the others.
Jennie Skeletons

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:13 pm

Aron woke up. His eyes wearily adjusted to his surroundings. He could smell kangaroo coming from downstairs. He wearily slipped out of bed and put on some clothes. He walked down the steps es he rubbed his eyes. Aron was a heavy sleeper and when he didn't get enough he usually would pass out from being so tired. Last night he and the guys had been playing poker for a good while. Aron had gotten to sleep late. He walked in to the Mess Hall and nodded to the others. Dante placed some Kangaroo meat and water in front of him. "O boy, more of this slop." he mumbled under his breath careful not to let Dante hear. He dug in to his food while he listened to the starting discussion.
Melanie Steinberg

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:34 am

Sam had a good night sleep, well just about as good a night sleep gets when you are sleeping on a wooden slab, "You would think the most succesful mercenary group in the country would have real beds." Sam said to himself. Sam walked down to the mess hall, half asleep and still in his underwear and sat down at the table, the cook put some eggs and some kind of mystery meat down in front of him, "You spoil me Dante, don't you ever get tired of making are mornings so wonderful?" Sam said jokingly, everyone made jokes to the cook, it wasn't his fault the food svcked, thats the best they could get out here.

Sam began stuffing his face, not noticeing everyone was starring at him, "What," he said, "I'm hungry." Sam knew a good meal was important for him to perform at his best while out in the barren wastelend that was once called Australia, "What have we got planned for today? I heard there is a old raider camp a few miles from the outskirts of the city, why don't we stop there?" Sam knew that this would never happen, but he wanted the practice.
rebecca moody

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:45 pm

Jon sat with the Sam, Aron, and Tim at the table as Crusher finished his plate, and walked off to another room. Dante walked over and grabbed the plate from the ground, and placed it in the sink. Jon looked around as other's in the company still worked, and spoke to one another. The room across the hall was their central computer room, where thirteen computers were, but really only nine of them worked. Men and women alike were busy at work. It seemed like no work was coming today.

Jon heard Sam's request, and even though he would hardly take up on the adventure, it seemed like no work was coming today. The closest caravan that was due in Darwin was five days out, and there was already a W-o-m-b-a-t squad preparing to guard the caravan on the remainder of the trip.

"Sam, that's a good idea. Work is slow today, and I think we need some practice. Its been weeks since we've had an ingagment. What do you say. Gather the others from their rooms, and meet me out front. Good day, mates."

Jon got up from his seat giving his men a kind smile, and hurried to his room to gather his weapons and supplies. His Lee Enfield was in prime condition, surpising for how old it was. His Webley's was in great condition as well as his other weapons. Jon threw on his long Duster and put both his Webley's in their holsters placed on his belt.

Jon walked down, and waited in the lobby for the others. Crusher walked over, and entertained Jon while he waited.
Monika Krzyzak

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:42 pm

Sam ran upstairs and yelled for everyone to get ready. He was suprised that his suggestion was actually approved, he wrestled into his black armor, he noticed the bullet dents in the armor, "When did that happen?" Sam muttered, he put his father's magnum into his holster on the side of his black camo pants and slipped a Stealth Boy into his pocket. Sam slung his scope mounted laser rifle onto his back and headed downstairs meeting Jon in the lobby, Sam showed him the Stealth Boy, "I plan on making this a fun day, I just had this scope put on to, I wanted to test it out."

OOC: Yea I won't be on till around 4 tomorrow
Trent Theriot

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:06 am

Aron heard about attacking the raiders. "Sounds, okay I guess." he went up stairs and slipped on his armor. He put on his helmet and got his combat knives out of the drawer. Then he holstered his laser pistol and took out his repeater from his footlocker. He grabbed a few stimpaks and some water and headed downstairs. He saw the others. "I'm ready."

OOC: i done for tonight, i got school tommorow. put me on cruise control please/
Max Van Morrison

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:15 am

Jacob woke to the sounds of yelling and people getting ready. He ran a hand through his hair as he got into a sitting position on his bunk bed. Then he heard the word raider, and he switched to full gear with a grin on his face. He quickly got up and took his footlocker out from under the bed. He opened it up and removed his leather armor, putting it on as quickly as he could. Next he removed his combat boots, putting them on and lacing them up. Then, the gloves. And finally, his weapons. He picked up his M1911A1 still in it's holster and strapped it to his waist, as well as his grenades. He then carefully picked up his L2A1 and began to walk out of the room, balancing it on his shoulder. He then paused, and remembered something very important. His glasses! He moved back over to his footlocker and grabbed them out of the corner of it, then shut the lid and slid it back under the bed.

He walked out of his room and headed downstairs, meeting the others in the lobby. "So, what do we get to kill today, where, and how many?"
FirDaus LOVe farhana

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:08 pm

I was still in the kitchen, cooking, as usual. Everyone else had taken the food out and was getting the credit for it, or saying it was me if it tasted bad. I laughed, thank god we live in Australia, country of free speech. I grinned, I finished cooking my own meal and walked into the room where everyone else was, I sat down next to thin air, as I realised everyone else was gone, I sighed. I'd over done my cooking again, I wolfed it down, caught up to everyone elses brainwave and found out we were heading out to a Raider Camp. I grinned, I went upstairs to get my gear.

I combed through my locker, putting on my Medic Combat Armor and keeping my Doctor's outfit on underneath. If my Combat Armor got wrecked, at least I had something to carry around some meds. I picked up my rifle, pistol and knife, keeping them in their holsters all over my armor. Then I picked up my pack, full of food and supplies and walked downstairs to the lobby, waiting for everyone else. I aknowledged everyone else already their, then I sat down in a chair and started running off people's names in my head. I grinned at Jon, "Well boss, I hope today goes well, no injuries I hope, you know how I hate wasting meds," I grinned even wider, almost laughing at him, we always had a good joke about once a day. I then shook my head, wiping the grin off my face, continuing my list, then running off into locations of major arteries and veins.
Floor Punch

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:23 am

Bill was dreaming when Andy barged in. Not that getting woken up was a bad thing, as his dream was the dream he had every night. He was being tortured by the raiders from down south. Jon was the only one left from the squad of Combats that saved him, he was the only one that knew about his dreams and he was the only one that knew about Bill's addiction to psycho that the raiders forced upon him.

After quickly running downstairs and devouring his breakfast, he had to run back upstair to retrieve his pre-war weaponry and kevlar-vest. Walking back down the stairs, Bill heard the word 'raider'. His heart skipping a beat as he jumped the rest of the stairs quickly asking. 'What about raiders?'
sas

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:19 am

"Oh, Bill, it's you," I muttered, just loud enough for him to hear, I walked over to him, "Well, parrently' we're heading off to a raider camp or somethin' like that," I gave him a half-hearted smile, "Don't worry, if you get injured just crawl back to me, I'll be waiting, or I'll find ya," I winked at him, forcing out a chuckle, not to anyone's knowledge, I was deathly scared of some raiders because of past experiences with them. I shuddred, wondering why we'd be heading out to find them, for no apparent reason either?

Oh well, it didn't matter, I walked back over to my chair and sat down, continuing to list off everyting in my head. "Cartorid artery... Crap, I forgot to stock up on my supplies!" I yelled out suddenly, as I'd been checking through my pouches. I was down to only about 20 of each med. "Damn, damn and damn again, gotta be more careful," I muttered, I then sighed, cursing my own stupid memory.
FoReVeR_Me_N

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:35 am

"Credit for the find goes to yours truly, thank you very much," Sam loved to get credit for things, even though he found out this information by kicking the crap out of a raider in town. Everyone here was friends, so they would always joke around, even with Jon.

"I call first shot." Sam said taking another glance and his Stealth Boy and at his newly improved laser rifle, he had just mounted the scope the day before and was excited to put it to good use, " I have something special for those raiders."
Ebou Suso

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:30 am

((OOC: Humor is good! If your not Australian, one tip... Humor is what Aussie's love, trust me, it's what kept a lot of us going in World War II))

IC:
I looked up at Sam and laughed, "Well mate, if you really want credit, how about taking credit for my missing meds?" I laughed again, then grinned, "Jokes, of course, it's my own stupidity, AGAIN, god you think I would've remembered this by now," my grin grew wider. I then looked down at my weapons, I started cleaning my Lee Enfield, Enfield, Knuckle Knife and Owen, getting ready for whatever was going to happen.
Love iz not

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:02 am

"I never stole yours meds, you idiot, maybe it was Crusher, he looks pretty suspicios before and it looks as if he has the jitters from all the Jets." Sam said laughing the whole time, then he gave Andy a little push. "I think we should make this a game, however can kill the most raiders gets all of Andy's meds."
TWITTER.COM

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:30 am

OOC: I'm glad things are getting started. And I'm glad to be back home.

IC

Jon smiled at the group that had assembled: Sam, Bill, Andy, Jacob, Aron, and Tim. They were all good warriors in Jon's eye's and were really like family to him. The Wombat's were a close nit family, every last one of them. Jon was proud of that, and that he had brought together a group of misfits, that would other wise have killed each other out in the middle of the Outback.

"We're missing someone aren't we?"

Jon counted off who had assembled, and realized that it was Cassandra. She and the other women in the Wombat's had their own personal quarters for privacy, and other womenly things. Jon left the group, and walked up to Cassandra's room, knocked three times, and gave a verbal warning.

"Hay Cassandra! Wake-up, the rest of us are leaving. Hurry and grab what you need."

Jon walked back down to the lobby, and grabbed all the men's attention. Holding his Enfield against his right shoulder, and standing at the bottom step, gave him sort of a pompus authority figure look. Jon didn't like looking like authority of somekind, even though he was the leader, he wanted everyone to be equal. Which he pushed as his number one rule.

"Ok mates, if you have anything you may need to grab, hurry. We'll be leaving soon, and I don't want anyone forgetting to bring their damn canteen while we're assback in nothing but open space."

Jon grinned, and stepped down from his step. He slung his Enfield across his shoulder, and took his hat off, folding the left side of the brim up. He walked outside, and sat in his usual chair looking out at the street of Darwin. He began thinking of the Caravan that was three days out.
^~LIL B0NE5~^

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:54 am

((OOC: DeadlySin is at work, I'm waiting for her to post in another thread as well.))
brian adkins

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:11 am

((OOC: Aye, he's right))

IC:
I looked up at Sam, laughing, "Oh yeah, whoever kills the most gets all my meds, sounds great," I chuckled out, "But seriously, when we head out I'll need some caps to buy more meds, I'm running pitiously low," I muttered, looking in all my pouches, "I've hit about 20 of each, not enough for a whole bloody group," I grimaced, remembering the time I hadn't had enough meds to accomodate the whole group. I sat up straighter, remembering that even though the medic didn't seem important, I still was.

I looked up at Jon, "Hey, actually can I just head out for a sec and stock up? I hear that the shops just got in a stock from the west," I said to him, "Some scav's parretnly'."
bimsy

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:20 pm

Jon sat quietly listening partially to the people outside on the streets, and the Wombats talking with each other inside the house. Jon could hear Sam and one of the others, sounded like Andy, joking with each other about who would be getting more kills, and taking Sam's med supply. Jon sat in his chair, and relaxed. He grinned at a thought that had popped into his head, and spoke aloud to them even though he did not actually turn his head to look inside.

"How about we let the medic keep what he knows best to use besides a gun. And just make sure you don't get shot in the rear like what almost happened last time.

Jon chuckled a bit, and leaned even farther back into his chair. A brisk wind blew in from the sea even harder this time. Jon had almost forgot, he was exspecting a telegram or some sort of message from their outpost on the coast of the old Princess Charlette Bay, that was 300km from the once coastal town of Cook town. Jon walked in, and walked to the operations room.

"ATTEN HUT!!!"

Shouted one of the men at a nearby table doing paper work. Jon was surprised a bit at the sudden announcement of his presence.

"Take it easy Macklin, this isn't a military orginization. Relax- everyone."

Jon walked farther into the operations room.

"Any messages or anything from Outpost Crater?"

"No sir, nothing has come in over the wire from there for three days. Must be a bad wire or something. But we do have updated reports on Outpost Wotash and Outpost Emerald if your interested. Its the regular stuff, you know."

Jon smiled, and walked back outside, smiling at the men. They were all still standing around looking a little brain dead.

"Sit down for christ sakes. If your that hyped up, go into town. We've still got time. But be back soon!"

Jon sat back in his chair and relaxed. Progress was happening.
Andrea Pratt

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:21 am

I sighed, thinking about what to do. I got up and yelled out, "Hey Jon! I'm heading out to stock up on medical supplies, I'll be back in about an hour I guess." I then walked out of the building and into the ruins of Darwin, people were talking, it almost seemed funny that other countries had been completely decimated but Australia had been left realitively okay. I walked past everyone and into a shop that regularally supplied the Wombat's, I grinned. "Hey Steve, how's it goin'?" I asked the man on the other side of the counter.
"Hey, Andy isn't it? I'm alright lad, whatcha need?" He replied.
"Well, I'm running low on meds, pitifully low, oh and some ammo'd be good too."
"Okay kid, give me a sec, see if I got anything," He muttered, checking through his stock list, he then walked out the back door and came back about 10 minutes later with some stuff.
"Here ya go kid, that'll be about, oh let's say, 500 caps, but with the Wombat's discount, how about 300 caps?" He said to me, I grumbled but reluctantly gave him my whole weekly wage, he grinned, "Pleasure doing business with ya kid," he said, taking the caps and handing over the equipment.

I walked out of the store, tasting the sea breeze on my tongue, surprisingly in the last 200 years the radiation had cleared up, so unlike what we'd been told would happen. I grinned and walked back to the HQ, taking my time. Surprsingly I did end up being about an hour, instead of walking inside I waited just outside the door, sitting on a bench. I then picked up my weapons and started cleaning them, wondering what everyone else was doing.
sw1ss

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:51 pm

Bill smiled as Andy left, it wasn't that he didn't like him it just meant that he had time to spare. But what to do? Cleaned my guns yesterday. Got new picks four days ago. Ah, I can go and keep trying to fix that damned robot. The robot in question was an old pre-war (what wasn't?) protectron, apparently the old government had bought some just before the war. On his way to the room where the robot was stored Bill started thinking I wonder when Andy will call me out for stealing his psycho. I mean, I don't take all of it. As he entered the room, Bill noticed that Crusher the wombat was chewing on an exposed wire.

'Oi!' yelled Bill 'Get off that ye mongrel.'

Strangely enough Crusher did, he then waddled over to get his head scratched
Astargoth Rockin' Design

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:10 am

Cassandra woke up with a jolt, she was totally hung over, a one woman drinking contest she had last night, she won, she slid her gun on her back, grabbed her dufflebag and started down the stairs, she didnt take her coat because it was too hot, every step down the stairs was a throbbing head ache.

"Sorry guys," she said with a strained voice,
"i hit that new bundy shipment we got like a train" she said with a bit of a laugh, that was cut off as soon as her head started throbbing again. everyone was so loud, she walked outside and satdown next to Jon

"Any news on Outpost Crater? maybe it went the way of opal" she said with concern, "it doesnt take 3 days to fix a wire jon, did you ever think that maybe they fell" she sat there watching down on the rest of darwin go about its buisness.

So much progress in such little time, it was beutifull.
ruCkii

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:17 am

Sam was jittering with excitment, he loaded his father's magnum and put a couple MF cells into his rifle and checked his scope, to make sure he was ready

"Damit! Now we have to wait for Andy, the stupid a-hole who needs a fix." Sam hoped everyone knew that he was joking, but hey this was the Wombats, everyone jokes.
Quick Draw

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:09 am

Jacob frowned when Jon told them to go about town. "Hmph. You just had to get my hopes up didn't you. Now we have to wait. Maybe I'll go get a beer or something, it's never to early in the morning for alcohol..."

Jacob walked back upstairs to his room and grabbed his knapsack out of one corner of the room, then searched around in it until he managed to dig up five bottlecaps. Smirking, he put the caps in his pocket, slung his knapsack over his other shoulder, then went downstairs and left the building. He walked through the streets, nodding to the occasional passerby, until he got to the nearest bar. He walked in and put his caps down on the table. The barkeep already knew what he wanted and handed him his bottle, no questions asked. One of the perks of being a regular, no need to place an order.

Jacob walked out of the bar without a word, his gun in one hand and the bottle in his other, until he got back to the HQ. He casually walked inside and leaned against one of the walls in the main lobby drinking his newly acquired, semi-radiated beer while he waited for everyone else to get ready.
Dylan Markese

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:27 pm

OOC: I... am... so... sleep... deprived. Time zone difference... bad!!

IC

Jon looked at Cassandra a moment, and then looked at his feet. He didn't want to admit it, but it was possible that Outpost Crater had fallen. They were several hundred kilometers from any other town or settlement, and were assigned as a light guard. Jon took off his hat, and brushed his hand through his hair giving a large sigh of thought and worry.

"Maybe your right Cassandra? Maybe Crater did fall, but maybe its more than one wire that is down. Sometimes it takes them days to find and fix the wire..." Jon paused for a moment and then continued, "If it was Raiders, I don't think Crater would have fallen. They were assigned as a light guard, but they carried heavy fire power with them."

Jon stood up, took a deep breath of air, giving himself that look of bulky-ness, and put his hat back on. He looked down at Cassandra, and smiled. He saw Andy returning from town, and decided it was best time to move out. He walked into the lobby where still, everyone was talking and standing around.

"Ok mates, gather up, we're moving out. Now I don't want no dilly dallying while we're out there. Exspecially during the night. You know how those critters like to hunt in the night."

Jon realized that two from the group were missing. Jon called over an assistant, and whispered something into his ear. As fast as the man had come, he was gone. Sent to retreave the two missing men. Jon checked his weapons once more, and walked outside with the rest.

OOC: Ok, in your next posts, it should involve talking to someone and then walking outside. I will post when we leave Darwin.
james kite

Next

Return to Fallout Series Discussion