Weapon weight combat question

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:36 am

I have a question. You know that sometimes during combat, when you hit an enemy with a melee weapon they fall over and have to rise up again, giving you time to pound them while they can't attack nor defend.
Is the chance for them falling over connected to the weapon's weight? I believe I read that somewhere, and would like to know if it's correct.

So, if I wield a claymore that weighs 60 "feathers", will enemies fall over more often than if I wield a longsword that weighs 40 "feathers"?
Sharra Llenos

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:58 pm

It's related to damage. maybe with the attack being critical also. It happens a lot when you attack in stealth mode with a good bow (obviously here the wheigh hasn't much influence).
Budgie

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:13 am

OK, thank you for your answer.
bimsy

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:20 pm

also affected by both your and your target's agility. weight is the key. it seems like damage because heavy weapons tend to do a lot of damage anyway.
Genevieve

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:56 pm

I believe it's tied to both weapon weight and to strength, versus the agility of the target. My one character used to knock opponents over left and right, to the point where I just about expected to see it on every other swing, using a relatively light Silver Longsword. His Strength was in the 90s. Another character used a much heavier Ebony Longsword with a lot less Strength (more like 50-60), and managed almost, but not quite, the same rate. A third character, with an enchanted Steel Longsword and about the same moderate strength as the second, rarely knocked anyone or anything down.
Roberta Obrien

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:40 am

I believe it's tied to both weapon weight and to strength, versus the agility of the target. My one character used to knock opponents over left and right, to the point where I just about expected to see it on every other swing, using a relatively light Silver Longsword. His Strength was in the 90s. Another character used a much heavier Ebony Longsword with a lot less Strength (more like 50-60), and managed almost, but not quite, the same rate. A third character, with an enchanted Steel Longsword and about the same moderate strength as the second, rarely knocked anyone or anything down.

Well, ebony do a lot more damage than silver and in the third case, you are reling on the magic of the enchanting for the extra damage, which don't seem to have anithing to do with knocking people down. If you want to make a test with a more scientific aproach, use weapons with same damage and different weights and then with different damages and same weights (use the CS).
Juliet

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:33 pm

Not sure about knocking the enemy down but your being knocked down, if I remember correctly, definately relates to your agility. The worse that is the more likely you will be knocked down. Like I said knocking an enemy down I am not sure of as even at low levels I usually could knock enemies down with an arrow wiht a low agility.
Angela Woods

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:32 am

remember the difference in staggering, and a full knockdown. i've noticed axes of any kind generally knockdown more. i've still gotten regular knockdowns with a short blade, lowish (70's) str, and a maxed agility.
Alex [AK]

Return to III - Morrowind