[REL] Wearable Lanterns

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 6:06 am

////////////////Update 1.1:

* New lantern graphics, much more befitting an oil-burning lantern. Will add glass at a later time.
* Fixed trailing flames. The candles have been replaced.
* Followers should equip lanterns when given them, and they should produce light.
* Much smarter lantern light. It should (hopefully) always go away when unequipping, and always light up when equipping.
* A new book, a "Manual of Lantern Care", has been placed on top of a barrel to the right of the Riverwood Trader. Reading this book allows you to set new configuration options.
* Three configurable brightness settings from the book.
* New troubleshooting functionality from the book. This section will be expanded later.

What didn't make it into this update:

Front and back lanterns

Torchbug Jars

Oil burning mechanic. I thought this would be ready, but the quality wasn't high enough yet and I ran out of time.

I'm about to leave to go on vacation for a few days. On Monday I'll check back in and pick up where I left off. Everyone have a good weekend!

Code Affinity

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 6:34 pm

Hey Chesko with the upcoming final version of the new patch , any idea for a Horse saddle mod with lantern as well? to store some equipment on your horse and a lantern perhaps?

Btw I also noticed that the player when on horse is not using a shield , may be you could be interested in adding that too? woudl be cool ...
Andrew Lang

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 5:52 am

It wont download on nexus mod manager for me...anyone else?
jenny goodwin

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 6:38 pm

While I think a saddlebag is out of the scope of this mod (others already accomplish that, such as Convenient horses), attaching a lamp to your mount or to NPC carts (such as the ones used by Scenic Travels) would be great.
Melanie

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 6:14 pm

It wont download on nexus mod manager for me...anyone else?

Worked just fine here.
CxvIII

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 9:10 pm

Hi There.
Just thought I'd lt you know that this mod is incompatible with Skyrim Improved - Overhaul. Something that mod does prevents your mod from detecting lanterns in the players inventory, preventing you from creating the travel lantern.

Any chances of a patch?
Shaylee Shaw

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 5:35 pm

I'm using it. I had to unequip and re-equip it so that it works the first time but things seem fixed now. And, I had a funny comment from Gerder about it. She was walking behind my character, who had his lantern equipped, and she said: "Is that magic? Be careful there!". I loved that! Endorsed! :)
elliot mudd

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 8:40 pm

She was walking behind my character, who had his lantern equipped, and she said: "Is that magic? Be careful there!".

Yeah, NPCs do seem to comment the lantern the same way they do Candlelight spell. Weird.
Ana

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 6:41 pm

I have tested the new version all day and I love it.
The only bug I have encountered is the light state saved when loading a save game:
- game was saved with light on=> light will always be on next time I load the save game => need to fix it with the troubleshooting section of the book => works fine after that
- game was saved with light off=> light will always be off next time I load the save game => need to fix it with the troubleshooting section of the book => works fine after that
Rachel Hall

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim