Weather based spawnsenemies.

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:19 pm

So I've been thinking ever since the game came out that there is MASSIVE potential for the weather system to have a more direct impact on gameplay if they had

certain enemy variants appear during certain weather or times? For example a pack of glowing ghouls should spawn and roam around during a Rad storm, or

Glowing Deathclaw, Radscorpion etc. During a Radstorm it should be a Glowing Variant. And during night time like from 12AM to 5am there should be increased

chances of Chameleon Deathclaws, they would basically become adapted to being Nocturnal Predators to take full advantadge of their stealth and would be a

specific danger if you decide to go travelling when the sun is down. Maybe during rainstorms theres a chance for mirelurk kings and hunters to spawn near bodies

of water and attack you if you get close, maybe even mirelurk queens? Also I think the Glowing Sea should have the highest number of Behemoths wandering

around, Behemoths should basically own the Glowing sea and also I want to see more unique bosses like Swan, It'd be REALLY cool to have a unique

Deathclaw in the game with a name and drops a special death claw gauntlet in future updates. Also for human enemies like raiders and gunners should have

patrols during the night time that actually SNEAK, so they could possibly get the drop on you instead of the otherway around and it would make sense seeing as

humans aren't even close to the top of the food chain so to see the AI behave accordingly would be more immersive, and practical. Right now we have variants

that are just kind of everywhere with no specific purpose other than just being more difficult to kill then a regular variant, this would aim to specialize each variant

to certain situations to add more challenge and immersion to the gameplay experience. Make the commonwealth feel like it's alive and breathing and that we're

just part of it as opposed to have it being a stagnant nonreactive world.

ShOrty

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:19 pm

Imagine mutant salamanders that only come out in the rain....

I like it!
Mr. Ray

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:08 pm

I feel like things like that should happen regardless of weather.

Tanika O'Connell

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:18 pm

It's a bit like in real life when it rains worms come up to the surface. I really think its a great idea that the wastelands become more dangerous during radiation storms. The various glowing creatures could surface or emerge from wherever to bask in the radiation. In normal rainstorms Mirelurks could maybe venture further away from water too.
Wanda Maximoff

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:17 pm

Sounds like a good idea as long as it's done nicely. I don't think unique Deathclaws appearing in Rain would be fun, whereas a truly unique creature might. Would give me memories of Pokemon! I can't remember which game it was that introduced the day/night cycle causing different pokemon to appear.

Nitol Ahmed

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:56 pm

Believe it was Ruby/Sapphire :goodjob:
T. tacks Rims

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:51 pm

I voted for both because I wasn't reading that big unformatted block of text lol

Causon-Chambers

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:01 pm

Do chameleon deathclaws even turn invisible like the game says it does? I've come across two and they were just different colors.
Rhi Edwards

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:50 pm

I would expect this to surface in the PC mod community, itd be amazing for it to make it to consoles though!

Elea Rossi

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:14 am

Gold and Silver introduced day/night, but Ruby/Sapphire had rain affecting certain Pokemon.

But on to the discussion: I agree, radiated enemies should be more common during rad storms. And, yes, they are NOT zombies, but I think it would be creepy to have feral ghouls wander around at night, and sort of hibernate during the day...

Emily Jones

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:01 pm

Having the weather effect the world and the enemies in it would make the world feel much more alive like there is a natural ecosystem that's going on even when

your not around there's a couple encounters that do this like Running into two Alpha Deathclaws fighting for territory however I know it's a scripted event it would

be cool if it was just normal AI behavior and if two deathclaws happened to run into each other they'd fight until one flees etc. Right now I feel like the

Commonwealh doesn't have different factions and creatures roaming around and Living in it.

For Example: If you go to your settlement and watch your settler never do anything to him, he'll never leave the settlement or basically do anything. It'd be cool to

see settlers maybe take a trip to a nearby location go looting or just doing something besides standing around like a robot all the time. and I know for they will do

stuff like sit in a chair and read and stuff but it's just like an idle animation they aren't actually doing anything you know? What if you could watch your minutemen

get geared up group up and head out together on a patrol or scavenging expedition hear them talk about it and plan it like they say we're going out on a

scavenging run today at 5:30 and you'll literally see them change armor and equip new weapons and stock up on ammo and head out when it's 5:30. It'd be cool

if you ran into some sort of enemy, and if you didn't just immediatly shoot it and watched for a while you would actually see it doing things you'd expect it to be

doing not just walking back and forth until it sees something, I guess it's all for the sake of Immersion you know and creating a more believable commonwealth

Captian Caveman

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:11 pm

I voted for yes because it would make the enemies more varied in appearance as a random encounter :P

JeSsy ArEllano

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:14 pm

Heavy storm + super radiated monsters everywhere and on frenzy, yesss

Dorian Cozens

Return to Fallout 4