Werewolf - Hinterland

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:38 am

Signups are now closed. Feel free to stick around and watch the game, though!
We start Sunday April 10 at 12:00AM EST.

Welcome to Werewolf!

If you're new to Werewolf, it is a murder mystery we play here on the forum. It is similar to the party game http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_%28party_game%29, but we've added a RPG twist. The basic premise of the game is that some of the players are murderers (usually Werewolves) who try to kill all the innocent players before the innocents can figure out who the murderers are. Whichever team is eliminated first, loses. If you want to see how a game looks in action, see the last game played here on the forums: Werewolf – Pirates of the Caribbean.

Or, if you'd like a brief primer on how to play, check out “http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l253/mr_e12345/werewolfprimer.jpg”:
-http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l253/mr_e12345/werewolfprimerdaynight.jpg
-http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l253/mr_e12345/werewolfprimerexample.jpg
-http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l253/mr_e12345/werewolfprimercharacter.jpg
-http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l253/mr_e12345/werewolfprimerroles.jpg
-http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l253/mr_e12345/werewolfprimerethics.jpg

== Setting ==

It is the last open weekend of the summer for the Hairy Hills campground. Campers young and old converge on the idyllic site for marshmallows over the fire and general merriment. But unbeknownst to you and your fellow campers, this time when nature calls, it's getting personal!

== Joining ==

If you want to join this game, please fill out this character profile. Try to be thorough, because I use them to generate the clues whenever a murder happens!

Name:

Physical description: Height/weight/eyes/hair. Relative terms (ie: pudgy) are fine.
Clothing: What are you wearing right now? Include 1 or 2 colors.
Hobbies: What does your character do in their spare time?

Possessions: Include 3 to 5 things that you might carry with you.
Personality: How does your character act? Include 3 to 5 traits.
History: Where does your character come from and why are they here? Please be concise and marginally detailed. 3 to 5 sentences is perfect.

You may also reserve a spot by saying so in this thread. Then fill out your character profile between now and the due time.

Note: I reserve the right to add details to your profile if I feel it is too generic, so I encourage creativity.

Character profiles are due by: SATURDAY April 9 at 6:00PM, Eastern Standard Time. The game shall start at 12:00AM Sunday. The game will be capped at 30 players.

== Current Player List ==
(Regular text indicates a reserved player. Italics indicates a submitted and approved profile)

1. hircine21
2. Suffca
3. the fishy wanderer
4. Wyatt Waste Ranger
5. ClintostheGreat
6. Spork The Slightly Insane
7. Big Bang
8. Starwulf
9. SpEcTrE.
10. mrcrazy_monkey
11. Oranos
12. ryace

13. Capital
14. Northwind Fusilier
15. Woolly

16. FateOrFatality
17. Xetirox
18. Donkey_Cavity
19. Nar-Shadaa
20. Fighters_Brotherhood
21. kyppeh
22. Caffienatedjedi
23. Webster52402
24. Cecilff2
25. Septim007
26. The.Z.Man
27. Mr. Sorry of Balmora
28. AKA_Thunder2
29. Ratwar
30. 8-Bit Legend

Ally Chimienti

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:47 pm

Some basic rules for this game:

== Daily Procedure ==

The game day will run from approximately 2:00AM EST (7:00AM BST) to exactly 12:00AM EST (5:00AM BST) – 22 hours.

Each day, players will exercise their abilities: Everyone votes on searches and executions in the thread (one vote per person), and special roles get to do their special thing via PM.

At the end of the day, the top TWO (2) ranked places will be searched. There are two sorts of locations: “manned” locations, where players sleep and clues about the nature of the wolves might occur, and “unmanned” locations, where fewer clues will be seen but trinkets can be found.

Also, the player receiving the most execution votes will be executed. At least 20% of players must vote for that person for the execution to occur. A double execution happens if 50% or more of players vote and the top two suspects are tied for votes. Triple executions won't happen, so don't bother!

Posting: Underline your name. Italicize actions. Bold votes and questions to the host. OOC anything not in character, though try to stay in character.

== Roles ==

Innocent: The basic role. Innocents have no special powers – unless they find a trinket! (more on those below) Like everyone else, they can search one location every night, and vote to execute one person you suspect is a wolf.

Warden (Angel) (1): The warden is a human that acts as a protector for the innocents. Each night, the Warden may PM the name of one person (other than himself) to the host to protect them against wolf attacks.

Arch-Wolf (1): The head of the pack, the top dog. The Arch-Wolf organizes and execute the hunt each night, and can PM freely with his fellow wolves. Each night, the Arch-Wolf will PM the host with the name of a player to be attacked. Furthermore, on nights 3, 6, and 9, the Arch-Wolf converts one person to the Wolf side as a new underling, selecting him via PM to the host. If the Arch-Wolf should be executed, the longest-serving wolf under him shall become the next Arch.

Wolf (3): Wolves have been tainted by the dark side of nature. Each night, the wolf get to execute the orders of the Arch-Wolf. They can freely PM the Arch and any other wolves in order to plan and discuss future actions.

You are free to claim to have any role in the thread, whether it is the truth or a lie.

== Trinkets ==

Trinkets are special, single-use (unless otherwise noted) items that players can receive in secret when performing searches of unmanned locations. There are a fixed number of trinkets in the game and their locations are predetermined and random – some will have several and some may have none. When searching a location with a trinket in it, the trinket will go to a random searcher via PM. No others will know. Wolves can acquire trinkets as well. A player may only get one trinket per search, but can accumulate several over the course of the game.

You may choose to use your trinket's power at any time. When you do so, inform me via PM (stating a target as necessary) and the power associated with that trinket will be activated that night.

Here are the trinkets available over the course of the game. There are 20 in all:

BBQ Lighter (2): Gives the power of a Matchmaker. Select any 2 people to bond in love. They may communicate freely via PM for the rest of the game. If one dies, the other will be overcome with grief and die alongside. If one is converted to a wolf, the other shall fall to the side of evil as well.

Binoculars (4): Gives the power of a Sneak. Select a target and you will learn that person's role. The target will be notified that they have been Sneaked, but will not know by whom.

Flashlight (4): Gives the power of a Warden. Select a target and you will protect them for that night. If this trinket is used by a wolf, it will instead identify the name of any person protecting the wolf's target that night, and the protector shall be notified that they have been identified.

Notepad (5): With this trinket, you may send one (and only one) 'Ghost' message to any player at any time after your death. It is useless while you are still alive.

Teddy Bear (2): Gives the power to protect oneself. On the night this is used, you shall have protection from wolf attack. If this trinket is used by a wolf, it instead allows the wolves to PM a second target to kill if the first is protected, and the protector shall be notified that they have diverted the attack.

Walkie-Talkie (6): When two walkie-talkies have been uncovered, the players to discover them are allowed to converse freely via PM between each other, to help or hinder each other's investigations. This link is permanent for the rest of the game. It does not alter either player's alignment nor are there any effects to one if the other dies or is converted.

XL Box of Band-aids (1): Gives the power to revive a player who is due for execution that night. It may only be used on the day the execution is due to occur, and may not be used on yourself. The revived player's role (if any) will not be known, nor will the identity of the player who used the Band-aids.

== Final Thoughts ==

If something is unclear or conflicts arise with another player, let me know and I will address it. My inbox is always open. If I make a statement, it shall be accepted as fact. I'm lenient when it comes to roleplaying, and will allow it so long as it does not detract from the game (or attract the attention of moderators). Other than that, I just want to wish you all a good time.

*Edit: Added the setting to this post. Sorry if you were caught searching for it!
Lucky Girl

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:37 am

Reserved.
Zoe Ratcliffe

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:46 pm

You should probably describe the setting.
phil walsh

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:35 am

You should probably describe the setting.

Why, you're absolutely right. It's been added.
Colton Idonthavealastna

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:41 am

I would like to play in this here game.
Claire Jackson

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:23 am

Ok I am in , does trinkets have cool downs and is there any epic ones? :P
JUan Martinez

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:20 pm

reserved
Flesh Tunnel

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:51 pm

I would like to reserve a space please.
Rach B

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:14 am

Reserved. I'll have my profile in tomorrow night.
Miguel

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:28 am

Name: Rex Ovni
Physical Description: 5’10”, average weight but strong, green eyes, short brown hair
Clothing: black business suit with a green tie
Hobbies: experimenting, exploring, explaining experiments and explorations extensively
Possessions: sunglasses, smartphone, swiss army knife, seashell, soda
Personality: calm, courageous, caring, competent, classy
History: He is fluent in all of the UN’s official languages and has spent time on the International Space Station. He grew up with an authoritarian father. Due to his father’s military career he has spent time living all over the world. During this time, he developed a fascination with the unknown and unattainable. His friends got him to go to camping by claiming an ‘emergency’ and directing him to the campsite. Had he known the real reason, he might have dressed differently.
Connie Thomas

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:32 am

Name:Jonathan King

Physical description: 6'2, 225lbs, green eyes, dyed blonde hair, strongly built
Clothing: Dark Blue Shirt, Blue Jeans, Blue Yankees Baseball cap
Occupation: Jonathan is an Engineer for a local construction company
Hobbies: Jonathan enjoys lifting weights, jogging, fishing/hunting, and surprisingly, playing chess. Also, drinking on the weekends with buddies.

Possessions: 9mm which he IS licensed to carry, Flashlight, Water Canteen, Notebook with pen, Chain Wallet(chain is removable)
Personality: Jonathan is extremely confident, bordering on cockiness but stopping just shy of it, very opinionated, well-educated(but not highly intelligent), a decisive person but not quick-witted(he plans things out beforehand, as is the nature of his job). He has an even temperament.
History: Jonathan grew up in a suburban neighborhood that had a very low crime-rate. Captain of the Football Team, he was NOT your typical jock, he took an equal interest in his classes, and took the football scholarship to college in order to fully pay for his engineering degree. When he graduated college, he was quickly offered a job through several connections he had from working summers as a day laborer on a construction crew. He is here on this camping trip to relax after finishing a major job that lasted for a full year.
abi

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:05 am

here is my character

Name:Simon Lamb

Physical description: 5,8, fit, but not muscular, has a bit of a paler complexion
Clothing: Green ranger vest, boots, blue jeans, and a first aid symbol patched on his vest
Occupation: Pediatrician, currently volunteering to work in the first aid department at the camp
Hobbies: plays chess, plays video games, and secretly enjoys soap operas

Possessions: first aid kit, Ranger Badge, pocket knife, cell phone
Personality: Is usually calm under pressure, though he is frightened easily, he follows orders with great detail, but is also a bit of a push over. His knowledge of the outdoors isnt vast either, though his knowledge of Medicine is extensive.
History: graduated with in the top 3 percent of his class at a prestigious medical school, and easily found work as a pediatrician. As he spends most of his time away from work alone, he decided he needs to get out more, during his vacation he thought a great way to put his skills to use and maybe have some fun, would be to volunteer to help at a local camp site. He had no idea what he was in for.

Edit- left out possesions, but i fixed it
Alexandra Louise Taylor

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:26 pm

Character list updated. I'll stop accepting people somewhere around 25 or so.

If you want to send me a PM to make things easier for me and flood control, you can. It's not necessary though - there's a reason I gave a long window between the deadline and the start of the game.

Oh, and in case it wasn't obvious: A trinket item and a character possession are completely separate entities. So your character may have a flashlight, but that doesn't mean you can use it as you would a trinket flashlight. And acquired trinkets will not show up in searches, so as to eliminate one source of red herrings.

Personality: Is usually calm under pressure, though he is frightened easily

It boggles the mind :wacko:
Steve Bates

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:32 am

It boggles the mind :wacko:

Pressure= this mains dying, get me the scalpel (simon is A ok)

Fright= THERE BE WOLVES EVERYWHERE (simon [censored] himself)
joeK

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:23 am

I'll actually have time to play this time around. So I'll like to reserve a spot.
Damian Parsons

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:39 am

Reserved.
Ray

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:36 am

i should probably edit my character a bit to make it more clear
-__^

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:55 pm

Name: Wayne Cobb

Physical description: Large, somewhat imposing, at least 180 pounds, muscular, above 6 feet tall
Clothing: tan marine t shirt, cargo pants, boots
Hobbies: hunting, fishing, camping, boxing, target shooting
Possessions: fishing rod, pocket knife, bottle of water.
Personality: has a survivalist mentality, hesitates to trust others. thinks most educated folk are narcissistic and greedy. though he can seem mean, he holds his promises always.
History: Wayne never planned on going to college, he didnt have the grades to go anyway. he wanted to follow in the footsteps of his father and wanted to become a truck driver.
He loves the outdoors, and is a regular at the camp grounds.
Betsy Humpledink

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:13 pm

Reserving a spot.
Bird

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:31 am

I would like to play. I'll come up with a character in the morning.
hannah sillery

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:25 am

I'll post tentative interest but I'll be inert until Saturday. If you need a character before then, I can patch something together.
hannah sillery

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:36 am

I'll have a character up soon.
Christine

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:22 pm

Reserve a spot for me. Hopefully I won't die as early as I have the last two games...
Sabrina garzotto

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:21 pm

Reserve'd!
CArlos BArrera

Next

Return to Othor Games