What body to use?

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:01 am

I'm in the process of getting a new vid card and I figured it's a good time to uninstall and reinstall OB for a fresh start. I had been using the HGEC body but this time around I may try using just the vanilla body or Roberts.

My question is if I did go with Roberts how much mod support is there? Also are there any problems Roberts has I should know about? How does it compare in game to HGEC? Anything else I should know?

Thanks.
Rhi Edwards

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:36 am

Roberts is an excellent choice: currently in beta for version 5, though, so you may want to wait a bit, until its done. Male Roberts has a great deal of support from modders; female Roberts, some, not as much. I find more general support Exnem and HGEC than female Roberts, but the easiest way to tell would be to look at clothing and armor up on TES Nexus and decide for yourself. :)
Joe Alvarado

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:07 am

Exnems, is that the same as Eye Candy? Is that the same as the HGEC I've been using?

The issues I have with HGEC is the seams and the foot texture never being fixed. The original mod still has a nvde body texture being used for the foot. I really wish they'd fix that since I don't know how.
Markie Mark

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:39 am

Robert's v4 for males, Robert's Females v1.2,
Both are beautiful and realistic to my taste.:)
biiibi

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:15 am

Exnems, is that the same as Eye Candy? Is that the same as the HGEC I've been using?

Yes, to the first. HGEC is based on Exnems, but not the same. If you install the obmm for HGEC, it installs Exnem automatically, since it uses and alters the content.

The issues I have with HGEC is the seams and the foot texture never being fixed. The original mod still has a nvde body texture being used for the foot. I really wish they'd fix that since I don't know how.

I've typically seen that dealt with through a variety of shoes and boots, a while ago. To be honest, I haven't even looked lately to see if it's still an issue.
Ally Chimienti

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:58 am

Exnem's Female EyeCandy was the first of the Exnem series of bodies. Hentai Gentleman's EyeCandy is a derivative, same texture layout, different meshes.

What exactly needs "fixing" on the foot texture?
If you're seeing a somewhat complete body wrapped over your feet, than that's your fault for not using a foot item which was not done for Exnem's texture layout.
Most likely you're not using a proper Stock Clothing and Armor Replacer for the body of your choice. This is mandatory because in Oblivion "your body comes with your clothes". Using unfitting clothing items will give you different body meshes underneath.

By now I think ALL popular body mods have almost full support with replacement meshes for clothing and armor from the Vanilla game, the DLCs and the huge overhauls OOO, MMM, FRANs etc. So wearing a clothing item not done for your body can only be achieved anymore by enforcing it.

edit: My, that sounds offensive on a second read. Believe me it's not meant that way. Just trying to tell all the facts.
Blackdrak

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:53 am

No problem. I dont' think clothing is the problem since I see it when there is no clothing worn. I had to fix it by grabbing a foot texture from another mod and copying it over the bad one. It's just a pain that's all.

What about UFF? I see that paired with Robert's male body alot.
Rob

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:23 pm

For female, I totally recommend Roberts Female Body v12. This is very beautiful and nicely realistic. There is nvde and there is undies version. It's both in the same download. I used to use Exnem/HGEC, but I like Roberts body just better. It is maybe less cartoonish, less "perfect", less "flawless". And I play the undies version. I get too distracted by the nvde version...... :P
Javaun Thompson

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:53 am

it was so much easier with morrowind. humm body replacer. better bodies. ok done. haha.

oblivion on the other hand had me doing extensive research into body replacers.
i decided to go with EVE HGEC after looking at clothing and armor support for the body type.pluss there are several body choices ie cup size fit normal and what not. but it is personal preferance. i also use the high rez texture replacer for it,
though i still get aggravated with the neck seams wearing something thats a bit revealing really makes the neck seam stand out. as of yet i havent installed a male body replacer. since from the first time playing morrowind or oblivion ive never played a male char.
Marie Maillos

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:24 pm

No problem. I dont' think clothing is the problem since I see it when there is no clothing worn. I had to fix it by grabbing a foot texture from another mod and copying it over the bad one. It's just a pain that's all.

What about UFF? I see that paired with Robert's male body alot.

Wait, you copied over a Vanilla foot texture from another mod and replaced the foot texture inside the imperial folder or others?
Then you literally "killed" the whole Exnem body by this. I wonder why it was working afterwards!

A little more technical details about most common body replacers:
Most of them use only 1 single texture, a "full-body" texture covering all bodyparts in itself. This makes for nearly NO texture seams between parts at all when used properly.
I know Exnem doesn't have the hand included in its full-body texture but still all other bodyparts are in it.
They all replace the least noticeable bodypart, the "foot", with theirs, so you overwriting the foot texture with another literally deletes Exnem's texture.
You likely didn't notice the issue because you were still wearing Vanilla clothing meshes, but after this action no bodypart (apart from the hand obviously) should have had the right texture anymore.

Now if your nvde feet mesh wasn't looking right with Exnem's texture, then it wasn't Exnem's mesh in the first place.
Something must have gone wrong during installation, as you didn't even mention texture issues on the other bodyparts after literally "removing" Exnem's texture.
Dalton Greynolds

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:03 am

Well all I did was install HGEC on the vanilla game (underwear version). When I looked at the 'nakid' character in game, the foot had a full body nvde texture on it. Course I could wear shoes and cover it up. In fact I noticed it when I stripped a dead bandit and saw her foot.

I had another mod using HGEC as the base that a friend made for me. I copied the foot texture from that mod over to my game directory, and that fixed the foot texture.

Course it was issues like this that I want to uninstall and reinstall the whole game, using a fresh start. But I figure I'll try Robert's fem body next time.
Marlo Stanfield

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:31 am

Uh, that explains a lot actually. HGEC in times before the EVE project "required" Exnem's Female EyeCandy to be installed previously. HGEC itself didn't contain any textures at all, just meshes.
Though I'm still wondering why there weren't any issues like this on the other bodyparts as well, because those were also using the wrong foot textures.
Jonathan Egan

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:54 am

I personally don't use any female body replacers unless it's a massive "must have" for a mod I want to play. Roberts Male, on the other hand, makes my guys look less... meh.
I'll have a image of my Kitty wearing a fancy robe soon enough. Assuming I can make my game stop being insane(crashes crashes crashes gnusto cleash).
Far'ed K.G.h.m

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:14 am

Go for Roberts Male V5, you get a choice of body types. I never play females so Roberts Female works fine for me too, it looks great and that's all I need. If you were playing a female you should probably go some variant of HGEC because of the enormous number of vanity mods available for it
Lance Vannortwick

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:36 pm

The "foot" issue with HGEC was fixed with version 1.21

History=======1.00 8th of March 2008 - Initial release.1.01 13th of March 2008 - Added a newer version of the fixed hand mesh.1.10 19th of March 2008 - Updated with improved meshes and a new more muscular version (the fighter version).1.11 21st of March 2008 - Added the MGEC version.1.12 23rd of March 2008 - Uploaded new file containing more cup sizes for the normal version.1.13 29th of March 2008 - Uploaded new file containing more cup sizes for the fighter version.1.14 30th of March 2008 - Fixed the AA - D fighter versions.1.15 5th of April 2008 - Added the H-cup (both normal and fighter versions) and more lower body varieties.1.16 6th of April 2008 - Added the Underwear version of the E-cup.1.17 9th of April 2008 - OMOD added.1.18 29th of April 2008 - Added the GUTS version.1.19 31st of August 2008 - Added MadCat's Fighter EBE (Extra Buff Edition).1.20 4th of May 2009 - Updated and fixed OMOD by Taanyth, it now includes Exnem's EyeCandy Body textures so this pack is standalone now.1.21 11th of May 2009 - More OMOD fixes, it now includes Exnem's EyeCandy Body foot mesh.

Jordan Moreno

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:43 pm

Robert male v5 is the best choice male wise right now, it may be beta but it works fine... you will have to download the version 4 armor/clothing though, but there is no issues in useing it with v5.

I use Fantasy Figures as my female body.
Jessica Stokes

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:19 am

Robert male v5 is the best choice male wise right now, it may be beta but it works fine... you will have to download the version 4 armor/clothing though, but there is no issues in useing it with v5.

I use Fantasy Figures as my female body.

Khajit textures for Robert Male body v5 Beta are broken !!!
I'm sure 100% about that as I have tested.

If you look at chest and shoulders of a male Khajit you will remark that skin of this cat creature are completely distorted.
(take a look at character generation for example)
Uninstalling Robert Male v5 Beta fix that.
Dalley hussain

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:08 am

Khajit textures for Robert Male body v5 Beta are broken !!!
I'm sure 100% about that as I have tested.

If you look at chest and shoulders of a male Khajit you will remark that skin of this cat creature are completely distorted.
(take a look at character generation for example)
Uninstalling Robert Male v5 Beta fix that.

There's something screwy going on with every version of Robert Male khajiit if you use it alongside a replacer like EVE because EVE_khajiitfix.esp and the Robert Male esp don't get along or something (Robert is using those RT_footmale textures). I think I was able to fix it with some file manipulation in the texture folder (also placing the Robert esp below the EVE esp and Bashing) but I don't quite remember what I did. The only thing that doesn't match is the tail, because I think it picks the female texture or something for that (that may only be in mine b/c I installed the hi-rez female HGEC texture, which changes the tail mesh). Anyway, it svcks, but it's not too terrible if you don't play a khajiit character naked in broad daylight.

I wish I had realized previously that Oblivion+Expansions+FCOM replacements are available for Robert Female. But it still gets no support for popular race mods like the demon race, tabaxi, xenius compilation, sirens/tritons (etc etc etc :(). On the other hand there's a couple of nice-looking khajiit race mods from Slof that I've never used because they require Robert Female, but that's about it.
SexyPimpAss

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:13 am

I was using Roberts Seamless Male Average Body V5 Beta (underwear)
Now I'm testing the muscular version, that AlienSoft says should be final
and I will see if Khajit skin problem persist.
Isaac Saetern

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:59 am

I was using Roberts Seamless Male Average Body V5 Beta (underwear)
Now I'm testing the muscular version, that AlienSoft says should be final
and I will see if Khajit skin problem persist.

One other thing I had to do to get any of the body mods/textures working properly with the Steam version of Oblivion was to redate the BSA (the program you can use to do that is called Attribute Changer iirc). I use the muscular v5 version.
kirsty joanne hines

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:08 am

Khagit skin problem happens only for Roberts Seamless Male Average Body V5 Beta.
The muscular version works OK for Khagit.

Seamless version update the muscular version with the following files:

meshes\characters\_male\foot.nif (165305EB)
meshes\characters\_male\hand.nif (320083C2)
meshes\characters\_male\lowerbody.nif (8FBBE926)
meshes\characters\_male\lowerbodyCircumcised.nif (D0CBAD40)
meshes\characters\_male\upperbody.nif (3196FDA7)
meshes\characters\khajiit\male\khajiittail.nif (EEEC5CC7)
meshes\characters\argonian\male\tail.nif

MaleBodyReplacerV5Beta.esp
Jessica Raven

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:45 pm

I'll just give my customary shout out for http://www.leiawen.net/ceedee/BabSite/ as a viable alternative, and one that I'm quite fond of.
Shelby McDonald

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:34 pm

It's surprising I never had any issues with Khajiit from any of Robert's Bodies, and I'm through all of them already for modding purposes.
Maybe that's only due to me knowing what's going on and how to prevent it though.

There are things in the design of Robert's Khajiit setup which are just asking for trouble, sure, but Robert didn't start it, he merely had no other choice, if he wanted to maintain compatibility.

In Vanilla Oblivion settings, i.e. Oblivion.esm's race records, male Khajiit and female Khajiit use the exact same texture for their feet, the male one ("footmale.dds").
You might imagine the issues you'll get due to this with body mods using the "foot" textures for full-body coverage... same textures used on males and females by default settings without an ESP to change that. Of course that's never going to work.

Now there are female body mods taking the expression "replacer" a little bit too literally, by not providing an ESP at all but just replacing the textures. Those now of course replace the Khajiit "footmale.dds" with their "female" fullbody texture. You see how this is going to cause trouble with "male" bodies even in Vanilla? (female fullbody textures all over male feet? :shakehead: )
That's why Robert decided to redirect male Khajiit records to use "RTfootmale.dds" instead. So those other replacers can mess around with the "footmale.dds" however they please, while his uses proper fitting male textures without affecting the females.

Of course then other female body replacers followed, this time "with" ESPs fixing this issue by having "female" Khajiit use "footfemale.dds" finally, as it should have been right from the start.
Now without Wrye Bash's bashed patch, to seperate between male and female settings in race records (a thing not possible without the bashed patch), those ESPs from female body mods will mess up Robert's "fixing attempts" and damage his male Khajiit race records (if the female body mod wins in load order), pointing them to "footmale.dds" again, which actually "doesn't exist" or is still the Vanilla foot texture for both genders.

Now if you know all this background, it's quite simple to take care no body mod or texture pack or whatever messes up your Khajiit. Take care the race records resulting from the final load order will correctly use Robert's male textures "RTfootmale.dds", any texture replacers replace those files and no others (rename their replacements, if necessary, Slof's Khajiit textures for example required this treatment last time I used them), and the female Khajiit will use the proper textures according to the body mod of choice for them as well.

I still have to encounter any Khajiit-related issues caused by body mods up to now.
Devin Sluis

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:58 pm

In Vanilla Oblivion settings, i.e. Oblivion.esm's race records, male Khajiit and female Khajiit use the exact same texture for their feet, the male one ("footmale.dds").
You might imagine the issues you'll get due to this with body mods using the "foot" textures for full-body coverage... same textures used on males and females by default settings without an ESP to change that. Of course that's never going to work.

Now there are female body mods taking the expression "replacer" a little bit too literally, by not providing an ESP at all but just replacing the textures. Those now of course replace the Khajiit "footmale.dds" with their "female" fullbody texture. You see how this is going to cause trouble with "male" bodies even in Vanilla? (female fullbody textures all over male feet? :shakehead: )
That's why Robert decided to redirect male Khajiit records to use "RTfootmale.dds" instead. So those other replacers can mess around with the "footmale.dds" however they please, while his uses proper fitting male textures without affecting the females.

I got this conflict with "footmale.dds" between a female body replacer and Robert Body Muscular v5 and in fact I was a bit surprised when omod installing: "What do a Khajit male foot in a female body mod?" I decided to not overwrite "footmale.dds" frm Robert male body. But I'm not sure if this was caused the bad skin problem in Khajit chests; the problem appear a bit complexe with all these new mods not giving a clear readme explaining mod installation and compatibilities (and this is trully the case of Robert Male Body v5 and the seamless version).

I have also tested Better Redguards (by Luchaire) and got some problem with Robert Muscular V5 (the body skin had a dark color while the face was close to Vanilla);
Tested also the new "Better Looking Redguards" but was not convinced by the final result; so I'm returning to vanilla Redguards for more compatibility.
Justin Bywater

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:01 am

Just a quick nod to http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=31143. It really does make the wood elves appear sylvan and unique, rather than simply like a bunch of shaved dwarves on a diet. Also works very well with my Skin-toned Mannequins mod.
jeremey wisor

Return to IV - Oblivion