What could be causing this?

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:00 pm

Here's a video of the glitch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8-9EkOB0cY&hd=1

As you can see, once you take the elevator to the top of the tower you spawn in with apparently everything. There are a ton of dishes and everything all colliding right where you come in. I tried killing everyone and taking as many as I can to get out of it but I can't. Also it's like the bodies sink in a little.

This might be mod related but honestly I don't think I have any mods that would conflict. I'll post my load order anyway:

Fallout3.esmAnchorage.esmThePitt.esmBrokenSteel.esmPointLookout.esmZeta.esmUnofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esmProject Beauty.esmDCInteriors_ComboEdition.esmEVE.esmUnofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.espUnofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.espUnofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Broken Steel.espUnofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Point Lookout.espUnofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Mothership Zeta.espDarNifiedUIF3.espProject Beauty- Broken Steel.espProject Beauty- Point Lookout.espEVE.espEVE Operation Anchorage.espT3T_MiscItemIcons.espdD-Less Blood Time.esptubunarCombatVanilla.esptubunarVanilla.espbash0.esp

I created the merged batch using FO3Edit. Followed the directions to the letter too. I use FOMM to manage.
Bad News Rogers

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:18 pm

I feel pretty sure that some mod is doing this to your game. If you unload all mods and roll that scene vanilla, I bet it's fine.

It will in that case be necessary to see which mod is doing it. Any mod which edits that cell or the cell that leads into it is very, very suspect. You may have to drop your mods out of the line-up one by one if you don't see in FO3edit where the cell has been edited.
JERMAINE VIDAURRI

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:15 am

I had similar problems like this. Mine was in the tunnel before going to the white house. I think its UOP that's doing this. Trying disabling it and see. If it's not then I have no idea.
tannis

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:24 am

I had similar problems like this. Mine was in the tunnel before going to the white house. I think its UOP that's doing this. Trying disabling it and see. If it's not then I have no idea.

I use UF3P long time, I had this bug in presidential metro (with masterupdate only), but never had this bug in Tenpenny
benjamin corsini

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:18 pm

Not knowing exactly what causes this but I know the unofficial patch seems to create almost as many bugs as it claims to fix. Just a thought.
lolli

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:32 am

Not knowing exactly what causes this but I know the unofficial patch seems to create almost as many bugs as it claims to fix. Just a thought.

With masterupdate it create one bug only- in presidential metro. Easy to fix
kirsty joanne hines

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:20 am

What would be the best course of action then? Remove UOP? How would I go about fixing that particular area? AFAIK there is no other way up there then through that elevator.
Sabrina garzotto

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:35 am

It won't let me edit my previous post so sorry for the double post.

But...

I disabled the Unofficial Fallout Patch, rebuilt the merged patch and all that fun stuff. I hadn't gone to Tenpenny tower in a few days, but decided to sleep for 3 days in my house in megaton. I went back and am still getting the same thing, which tells me it's not the UFP.
Eve(G)

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:50 pm

But...

I disabled the Unofficial Fallout Patch, rebuilt the merged patch and all that fun stuff. I hadn't gone to Tenpenny tower in a few days, but decided to sleep for 3 days in my house in megaton. I went back and am still getting the same thing, which tells me it's not the UFP.

Keep looking for which .esp is doing it,. You don't need to rebuild your merged patch every time. You can leave the merged thing off for now, and keep dropping mods out of the load order, or, remove them all and add them back in one at a time.
Lalla Vu

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:00 pm

But...

I have almost all of your mods and don't have your issues.
One only unknown mod- tubunar.
Do you use masterupdate?
You have DC interiors, you better make masterupdate, or you can have problems with followers. Also if you use new EVE (0.97)- I don't tried it and can't tell anything for now.
And lastly, with your short and simple load order you don't have any need in bashed patch, you better use merged patch from FO3edit, it is easier to create and do not require special knowledge.
Jesus Duran

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:39 am

I have almost all of your mods and don't have your issues.
One only unknown mod- tubunar.
Do you use masterupdate?
You have DC interiors, you better make masterupdate, or you can have problems with followers. Also if you use new EVE (0.97)- I don't tried it and can't tell anything for now.
And lastly, with your short and simple load order you don't have any need in bashed patch, you better use merged patch from FO3edit, it is easier to create and do not require special knowledge.

I am using merged patch, sorry to confuse. I'm use to Oblivion terms and Wyre. I did the copy > paste FO3Edit.exe and rename it to Masterupdate and did it that way.

The tubunar are just extra armors, I think all they do is add them to random lockers in the wastes. I'll try disabling and see if it does anything. The EVE is 0.9.7 but I doubt it's causing this.

I don't know how to look through the .esps and see what is causing it. Otherwise I would. :\

EDIT: I disabled DCInteriors, still no effect. This is really starting to bum me out. How can I fix this?

Edit2: So I tried teleporting to that cell to no avail. Also, even using TCL it doesn't let me escape it. Any other cell I can fly around but that one. I tried deactivating and reactivating my mods, cleaning them, checking for conflicts. I just don't get it.

Here's a pic after I killed everyone.

[img]http://imgur.com/Hdluc.jpg[/img]

I'm running out of ideas.
kennedy

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:19 am

I'm running out of ideas.

May be it is vanilla glitch. Tenpenny tower surely have some number of problems.
Kat Stewart

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:16 am

Well let me ask you guys this, what would you do to find a fix? I'm up to anything short of starting a new game. I already have some 15 hours in this one and really don't feel like redoing all the quests I did thus far...

Is there anyway I can reset the cell? Or even just remove everything in that room. It's obviously a spawning point error of some sort, since everything just loaded right there and stuck.

How much game time needs to go by for a cell to reset? Is there a saferoom or something I can go to to wait for a long ass time and come back? I'm just not sure what will work..
Steven Hardman

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:42 pm

Someone on Nexus said it was fixed by removing a placed pulse pistol from EVE.

It appears it may be a bug resulting from the new ESM/ESP split in EVE 0.97. Exact cause is uncertain because only some people have the problem.

I haven't upgraded yet since 0.97 doesn't have FOIP patches yet, so I can't confirm.
Joe Bonney

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:11 pm

Someone on Nexus said it was fixed by removing a placed pulse pistol from EVE.

It appears it may be a bug resulting from the new ESM/ESP split in EVE 0.97. Exact cause is uncertain because only some people have the problem.

I haven't upgraded yet since 0.97 doesn't have FOIP patches yet, so I can't confirm.

Holy crap, thank you so much. It was EVE of all things, even though I looked through it in FO3edit looking for errors. After removing it all is back to normal. :D

I'll likely enable it again after I'm done with Tenpenny. Thanks again!
Avril Louise

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:38 pm

If you want to do a quick edit of eve.esm in fo3edit to remove the pulse pistol in tenpenny tower go to:

Cell > Block 0 > Sub-Block 4 > Tenpenny03 > Temporary

there should be 3 placed objects, delete the pulse pistol entry exit fo3edit and save, you should be able to use eve and get into tenpenny normally, this is just a quick and dirty edit until the mod is updated.

It should be safe to remove that pulse pistol is it was hidden behind tenpenny's bed anyways :P
Michelle Smith

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:55 pm

If you want to do a quick edit of eve.esm in fo3edit to remove the pulse pistol in tenpenny tower go to:

Cell > Block 0 > Sub-Block 4 > Tenpenny03 > Temporary

there should be 3 placed objects, delete the pulse pistol entry exit fo3edit and save, you should be able to use eve and get into tenpenny normally, this is just a quick and dirty edit until the mod is updated.

It should be safe to remove that pulse pistol is it was hidden behind tenpenny's bed anyways :P

This worked perfect, thank you guys very much. :D
Chavala

Return to Fallout 3