What kind of hoax is gamesas forum?

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:45 am

Just check (or maybe not, it may be harmful to your computer! :nope: ) gamesas.com forum. It has exactly the same posts as this forum, mostly with 2 days delay. And some strange hispanic usernames which are exposed when poster writes his own username at the end of the post.

Iain Lamb

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:09 pm

It's a copycat site. We get them from time to time. They've been around for years. They're like weeds: as soon as Bethesda shuts one down another one springs up to take its place.

Stephanie Valentine

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:42 pm

Yeah, they essentially scraqe other forums for free content, which gets picked up by search engines and funnels traffic to their site, on which they host ads. It's automated ad-click revenue farming.

Edit:

Hrm...that one doesn't have any ads, so I'm not sure what the point is.

Edit 2:

Hey, I like that place. The people seem cool.

JESSE

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:51 am

ha and sadly their search function actually works.

Alexandra Louise Taylor

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:29 pm

I hate those type of sites who just copy forums from actual verified sites and take credit from it. :nope:

I'd stay clear of those sites as well, might give some malware that can really piss you off.

Louise Andrew

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:21 pm

Maybe it will be our new home if we do not like the new and improved bethesda.net 2.0 forums whenever that happens and these forums gets shut down. :cry:

[edit]

Looks like I have a multiple personality disorder since I posted at least twice as different posters.

Jessie

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:21 pm

yeah, been an issue for awhile.. it gets taken down, they put it back up a few weeks later (often with the same URL it seems), and the cycle repeats.. I'm not even sure they bother trying to take it down anymore

wait.. are we sure its copying from these forums then?

Spoiler
I jest, your all great people for the most part :)

helliehexx

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:51 am

Yeah, I just imagine the people as being better looking.

KU Fint

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:24 pm

I once wanted an extensive quote from an ancient post of mine. Couldn't find it here thanks to our ever-glorious search engine. Googled it. Lo and behold, it turned up at one of those copycat sites! Only, there I was a super-hot young female rather than the decrepit old fart with one foot in the grave I am here (and in reality). I've found several other of my older posts, from both here and elsewhere, via copycat sites since then. In this regard alone I'll hold my nose and give 'em a begrudging pass.

Zoe Ratcliffe

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:09 pm

I've done the same thing. Several times I've used the copycat sites to "search" this forum. I'm not sure whether I should have felt bad about that or not.

I haven't needed to do that for the past few months, though. I don't know about anybody else but the search function here works a lot better for me now.

kelly thomson

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:09 am

Of course they fix something when they are about to shut it down. :banghead:

Jessica Raven

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:31 am

Oh man, don't even get me started on that. Very sore subject for me. :mad:
Nauty

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:54 pm

So, Bethesda.net is still terrible then?

I was hoping it would be improved by now.

Mistress trades Melissa

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:08 am

I've been paying Bethesda.net some visits over the last week or so (just got FO4), trying to force myself to like it. It hasn't worked.

Lillian Cawfield

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:16 pm

If by terrible you mean that Bethesda themselves have stated that they will change the current bethesda.net forums with a different forum software. A portion of us asked why can't they go back to this site since this site works for the most part.

https://community.bethesda.net/thread/67465

Nana Samboy

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:11 pm

I don't get why they can't keep Bethesda net for everything else and when you click on forums it just directs you to here. I mean why does everything have to be connected to one thing just so I can post on forums from a ps4 while still playing a Bethesda game?

I don't get this need to have everything connected to each other and social media all at once.

I don't care how many kills my friend got in farcry, why do I need updates and to be linked to that with uplay (and Bethesda.net is basically becoming a new uplay /origin etc service)?

I loved talking about fallout, my favourite gaming franchise, but I refuse to sign up to the dumpster that is Bethesda net. I'd rather go without.
Harry-James Payne

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:40 pm

I would love it if it stayed here and I do not care for everything being interconnected and such.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas forums at the new site is dead. The Parrot in the Dead Parrot sketch is more alive.

Jessie

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:22 am

why? I have a theory, no concrete evidence to support it, just a bunch of coincidental evidence based off of past statements, policies, and time they were released.. i realize Correlation does not necessarily equal Causation..

from the day Skyrim was released, Bethesda had been pushing the Steam Workshop mod platform hard.. eventually, specifically when they gave mod makers to option to monetize their mods on it, they were still pushing and advertising the workshop hard.. the backlash from the ordeal caused Valve to cancel that feature without consulting Bethesda.. it was only a few weeks after that that Bethesda.net was announced, and as we see its now the mod distribution platform they seem to be pushing and have abandoned steam workshop entirely.. isn't it funny that they abandoned the platform they were constantly praising to the heavens only a few weeks after valve removed premium mods?

it may just be a coincidence in timing, but how close the event line up with each other makes me a little suspicious.. if people hadn't started going "the sky is falling" when pay for mods were a thing, would Bethesda.net exist? is the reason they wanted to start it up because they were upset valve ended the service they were working on in tangent without consulting them? is Bethesda.net the "fine, i'll make my own club!" of gaming?

because when you consider how much they had been praising the workshop, and then a few weeks after the ordeal they stop mentioning it entirely and announce their own platform, doesn't that sound just a little suspicious?

Rebekah Rebekah Nicole

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:46 pm

But that doesn't answer the question of why we can't be redirected here when we click on "Forums" over there.

Mr. Ray

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:44 pm

They want everything tied to one username, under the new 'beth.wtf' umbrella. So they want software that will integrate nicely with the rest of the crap software (Jive) they use..... No word yet on if they are replacing Jive entirely, or, just the forum software.....

WYatt REed

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:53 am

Yes, I'm aware. Bethesda could - if they chose to do so - port our existing account information over to the new domain. Or they could port the services offered on the new domain over here. The person funnybunny quoted was asking why they chose not to do so.

Marnesia Steele

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:35 pm

Trouble is, that would kinda mess with the mods portion... as not all the modders used the same name there, is they did here. Now, if they replace that software as well...... I suspect they are going to be starting from scratch in any event.. So, may not be a problem.

One could hope, but, I think they have already flatly stated that these forums are going to be closed. Eventually.... Regardless of what their community wants.

Cagla Cali

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:12 pm

But this has been the case for over a decade. Many modders have used one username here and another at the various download sites like TES Alliance, Nexus, Planet Elder Scrolls, ect. Why would this be a special problem now?

Jordan Fletcher

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:48 am

For the bulk of folks, it more than likely wouldn't be. In all reality, they could just dump the jive forums, reactivate the ones here that got moved, call it a day, and I would not be disappointed. Two usernames to interact with the different portions of the site would be perfectly fine.... Apparently though, beth has an issue with it..... I suspect they have 'future plans' that make the one username thing more desirable, though, I can't imagine why it would make any difference whatsoever.

Rob Davidson

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:56 am

most likely plan to launch their own independent DRM launcher (like UPlay or Blizznet), which would make porting our accounts here a little tricky for "all-in-one" integration..

Patrick Gordon

Next

Return to Othor Games