What Made Me Angry Bout Fallout 3

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:03 am

Hey Every1 i just got my online for my ps3 and updated my fallout 3

As it sed it has trophies now but the problem is

ive done bassically all the quests and everything but it isnt there since i didnt update before i did it

It makes me very angry since ive spent over 100 hrs of gameplay with this
dean Cutler

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:51 am

ive done bassically all the quests and everything but it isnt there since i didnt update before i did it

Just start a new game, I got all my trophies In a week.
Erin S

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:57 am

Common problem for Ps3 users.Nothing can be done but play it again.If your off to do that ill look for your reply in a hundred hours :D
Abel Vazquez

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:47 am

dont mean to sound like an ass here, but if you are playing fallout 3 just for trophies you are playing it for the wrong reasons.
Lalla Vu

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:02 pm

dont mean to sound like an ass here, but if you are playing fallout 3 just for trophies you are playing it for the wrong reasons.

What i think he means is that hes upset at the long hours spent on this Char, and that the only "Soloution" is to do it again.. kinda makes ya feel bad for yourself, after spendign so much effort and time creating and moulding that char..

Just like i have, spent about 30hrs myself, only at Lvl 18, but have done alot more quests and exploring then i did when i completed the game a few month back. was at liek level 25 with all DLC's completed and Main quests completed, but literally didnt do anythign else, only things i "come Across" rather then "Finding" everything to do..
james kite

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:09 pm

What i think he means is that hes upset at the long hours spent on this Char, and that the only "Soloution" is to do it again.. kinda makes ya feel bad for yourself, after spendign so much effort and time creating and moulding that char..

Just like i have, spent about 30hrs myself, only at Lvl 18, but have done alot more quests and exploring then i did when i completed the game a few month back. was at liek level 25 with all DLC's completed and Main quests completed, but literally didnt do anythign else, only things i "come Across" rather then "Finding" everything to do..

I see, i would be frustrated myself if i missed out on the amazing sidequests of Fallout 3. But you know, maybe he'll learn that Trophies or Acheivements or whatever you call them are in themselves a waste of time and for the most part nothing more than virtual dike measurement. thats just my opinion on them. With a multiplayer game like TF2 id understand because you can get rewards with them like new weapons but Fallout 3 is not about the destination, its about the ride there ;)
Dean Ashcroft

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:49 am

I agree with you. The only game I've ever bothered with trophies for was Mass Effect. The only reason I did that was because the trophies gave your character bonuses in the game, like a higher refire rate and such. If the bobbleheads in FO3 were taken out and the trophy system gave you their bonuses instead, then they'd be worthwhile.
Ricky Rayner

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:26 am

Seriously, the trophies? I mean, I know what you are experiencing as I still have to do the GOAT again, but really, this is a non-issue. Just get an old save or do it again with another character when you feel like getting around to it.

I was just thinking there wasn't anything rage inducing about Fallout 3. I get annoyed when my PS3 GOTY gets laggy or freezes, but I'm not ragequitting or anything.
Ray

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:06 am

Thx Guys Yea i just wanna make my Psn Profile Better

ill probz stick to playing cod 5 online till 6 comes out
Taylah Haines

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:50 am

Your not sounding like an ass. I hate people that just play for trophies. I like them jsut as much as the next guy, but I think they're pointless
Rude Gurl

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:44 am

Thx Guys Yea i just wanna make my Psn Profile Better

ill probz stick to playing cod 5 online till 6 comes out

:shakehead: Trophies are useless. Please, play a game for fun, not to attempt to impress other people online. A true gamer plays for the joy of gaming. Trophies are pointless and only enslave a person and force them into not playing the game in a truly free state. I'm sorry if that seemed rude, but it had to be said.
Yonah

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:10 am

:shakehead: Trophies are useless. Please, play a game for fun, not to attempt to impress other people online. A true gamer plays for the joy of gaming. Trophies are pointless and only enslave a person and force them into not playing the game in a truly free state. I'm sorry if that seemed rude, but it had to be said.

Nah Man Ur not being rude ur 100% right

Screw Trophies ill just keep playing for fun :)

OH well cbf playing it im stuck in 106 i think and cant find the exit :S
..xX Vin Xx..

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:33 am

I will get round to doing all the trophies, but not for "virtual dike measurement". I dont have many friends on psn so far, but for me its a feeling of personal satisfaction when I can achieve the challenges that trophies put forth (even though alot of them are awarded for doing quests). Im just a perfectionist and completist in this regard. And finally, FO3 is just about the only trophies I care for, and even then, not to any great degree.
jessica sonny

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:56 pm

Trophies/achievements don't mean squat.
james kite

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:23 am

ive found away round trofies, i hv a save 4 fun and a save 4 trofies. problem solved, i get the trofies as an extra challenge really like i only hv 2 left 2 get soon 2 b 1
Rudy Paint fingers

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:38 am

This happens with any PS3 game...

Still, Trophies are meaningless.
FABIAN RUIZ

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:24 pm

trophies can be fun i think, me and my mate were gonna try and go though uncharted 1 and get as many trophies as we could. or mgs 4 just to go though the whole game and not kill anyone or raise an alert. not doing it to impress anyone but it is nice to see i get something for all that hardship. also some are fun, like call of juarez, you get a trophy for opening a barn and not killing a cow. it is a bit of fun.
Thema

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:25 am

True I just do it for fun and to feel like ive achieved sumthin :)

i have a bad Karma guy who hasnt done many quests so i can do it on his
Kellymarie Heppell

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:06 am

The achievements in F3 aren't even worth thinking about. None of them take any work, you'll get them all just by playing the game normally since 90% of them are for completing quests. And it's not like they give you anything more than a colored picture where a black and white one used to be.

They should have had creative/interesting ones like kill an enemy by shooting the grenade in their hand or shoot the weapon out of an enemy's hand then use it to kill them. Or knock Paladin Vargas unconscious with the Fat Man explosion that kills the GNR Behemoth.
Tiffany Carter

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:49 am

yep, u got to start all over again.
ijohnnny

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:38 am

I find it hillarious when some people here mind trophys only as some extension of your "Epeen" For me trophys give information on certaint things you might "over-look" while playing like hint you into some quests you didnt know where there in the first place. also they give the game a longer lifespan giving you "challenges" to complete which i thoroughly enjoy. i found myself "making up" challenges even before there where trophyes in games. you should see trophys as something like the finalfantasy games had "special bosses" that are ment to challenge the player but are not required to be beaten to finish the main game. much like bonus content for the game.

its a shame some people regard Trophy/game score in such an negative way...
Laura Wilson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:58 am

To the OP, sorry, trophies cannot be acquired retroactively after getting the game update. You'll have to go back through and get them.

This isn't a thread of whether or not trophies are worthwhile -- shutting down.
Paula Ramos

Return to Fallout 3