What order should i install in?

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:20 am

Hey guys. remember me =D i havent posted here in a long time.

I want to install oblivion again and im not sure what order to install everything in. want to install -
- Oblivion
- Shivering Isles
- Knights of the Nine
- Oblivion official patch
- Shivering Isles Official patch
- oblivion unofficial patch (can someone tell em where to get the latest version of this?)
- shivering isles unofficial patch (do i need to install both? if so a link to the latest version would be great as i could not find it)
- all of the official mods
- some miscellaneous mods.

what order should i be installing all this in? do i not need to worry about the oblivion patch if i install shivering isles?

also i could not find anything in the FAQ - any issues running oblivion in windows 7?

Thanks for the help.
Shae Munro

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:50 am

I just did the same and this is the order that I found worked well :

-- original game
-- Shivering Isles Expansion
-- Final Patch for SI version 1.2.0416
-- Kotn
-- all other DLCs
-- Unofficial patches
-- Mods

No need for interim patches since each new patch includes the fixes from the previous ones so just need the final after installing SI

As for installing on Windows 7 -- Just do not install to the High Security Program Files folder (default location) - Since MS has increased security to that folder and the CS and mod files will have problems making changes to the original files as a result (Use something like C:\Games\Oblivion or similar instead to avoid possible problems)

Also if your DLCs are the downloaded versions the installer .exe file will not work so you will need to get the http://filehippo.com/download_universal_extractor/ to decompress the files and move them manually !
yessenia hermosillo

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:25 am

The latest version of Unofficial Oblivion Patch remains 3.2.0, which can be found at TES Nexus. In addition to that you need to download the Unofficial Oblivion Patch Supplemental, just recently updated to 3.3.1. It too is housed at Nexus, and contains a great many fixes not covered by the original patch. (The Supplemental and original patch share identical ESP names. The former is meant to overwrite the latter so you won't end up with an additional ESP in your load order.)

BTW, if you bought Oblivion GOTY edition and do a full install (Oblivion, SI, KoTN) you should already be up-to-date officially and don't need the "official patch". The unofficial stuff is of course still a must.

-Decrepit-
Spencey!

Return to IV - Oblivion