What settings to use for Project Nevada?

Post » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:39 am

I am using Project Nevada for the first time and have questions as to what I should set the settings to. I am also using JSawyer mod as well so medium and heavy armor has DR as well as DT and perks have been adjusted as per JSawyer.

!.) Damage bleed through - Vanilla has 20%, PN suggests 25%. The higher the setting the less impact armor will have but weaker weapons will be more dangerous. The higher the setting the less impact and requirement for using the right ammo and weapon for the job. Biggest impact on the Fiends and other raider gangs using 9mm submachine guns, laser RCW and shotguns. Anyone using proper weapons like hunting rifles or plasma will not be affected. The tougher enemies have DT as well and will also get the benefit of better armor.

A.) Thinking of setting it to 15% to really accentuate the effect of armor and using proper ammo and weapons. Has anyone any experience with setting it low like this?

2.) Weapon repair affecting damage - I think it was vanilla at 67% and PN at 20%. This makes people with weapons in disrepair more dangerous, like fiends, but has the side benefit of allowing you to use severely damaged weapons with less loss of damage..

A.) Think I'll leave this as PN recommends. Anyone have any thoughts on changing this and why?

3.) Expanded repair system - With this it gets rid of weapon repair kits but expands on what can be used to repair similar to jury rigging. At low levels of repair it makes no difference, at 50-75 you lose access to WRK and need a duplicate item to repair but once past 75 repair it gets opened up to allow same class items to serve which gets cheap weapons repairing expensive ones and at highest levels you get junk being used. My initial reaction is that this would end up like jury rigging which totally broke any semblance of an economy, unless the requirement to make those consumable repair kits limits your ability to repair everything cheaply and sell for huge profit.

A.) What do y'all use here? Does the new repair system make it better or does it get tedious and/or economy breaking?

If anyone has any favorite settings they like to use please let me know, these were just the ones I remembered.

Naomi Lastname

Return to Fallout: New Vegas