What's the best set of weapons to dual wield?

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:10 pm

if you want what is statistically best, sword in the left hand/mace in the right will give you the highest DPS, as the left-handed weapon will determine the speed of power attacks, which are something you want to be using a lot anyway.

I've just learned something new. Thanks.

I'll try this. I've got all one-handed skill tree unlocked except mace. I'm all perked up for double enchantments onto a single item. I'm full perked up on smithing tree for the heavy armor side (daedric, ebony etc)

I'll try an axe and sword combo. Should be fatal. I'm gutted I didn't go down the mace channel instead of axe. If I go mace now, I'll have wasted points on something I'll not be using.

Two axes I find a bit annoying as the axes dominate your character's view on the screen. two-swords didn't take up less space.
Vincent Joe

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:25 am

My Khajiit uses two scimitars.
Dale Johnson

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:29 am

Blades sword Enchanted with Absorb health and Dawnbreaker.
Genevieve

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:30 pm

I'm surprised nobody has said scimitars yet. When sharpened they are quite powerful. And they look great.

Thechnicaly I think a dagger in the left and a sword in the right may be better than sword mace for the offhand backstabs for thieves.
Krista Belle Davis

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:25 am

I'm surprised nobody has said scimitars yet. When sharpened they are quite powerful. And they look great.

They are high for a low level sword. Compared to ebony and deadric they aren't so good.

The Redguard character uses a Scimitar with a shield (dwarven). She will sticking to it even as she levels higher as it suits her as being from Hammerfell. She'll stick to a dwarven shield as well as it also suits Hammerfell lore.
Nana Samboy

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:26 pm

I run with 2 Daedric daggers (currently, at lower levels any 2 daggers will do...), no enchantments, and I'm cutting through enemies like they're dead already.

For some of the tougher enemies *coughdraugrdeathlordcough* though I'll keep a Daedric longsword as backup and equip it in my right hand (that way it swings as fast as the dagger in my left) and just mow people down.

Needless to say, it's working quite well.

;)
Haley Cooper

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:01 am

smithing to 100 or something (not sure what you need to get legendary) and a perk that lets you uppgrade enchanted weapons (70 or 80 skill level i think)

I have a smithing level of 100 and i got the ebony and daedric smithing perk but my mace of molag bal is at flawless and not legendary. Same goes for mehrunes razor and dawnbreaker
Chelsea Head

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:54 am

Daggers for my assassin, they look great and do enough damage to prefer them over swords.
GRAEME

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:01 pm

They are high for a low level sword. Compared to ebony and deadric they aren't so good.

The Redguard character uses a Scimitar with a shield (dwarven). She will sticking to it even as she levels higher as it suits her as being from Hammerfell. She'll stick to a dwarven shield as well as it also suits Hammerfell lore.

I used dual scimitars thru my 30s on my kahjit thief/ranger

After a while I switched to mehrunes razor and the lucky dagger. I was getting more frequent crits that did tons of damage. (or vaporized them outright) The old stand by for high level melee was molags mace and a sword with health absorb.
Connor Wing

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:27 pm

I’ve grown accustom to my battle axe its a enchanted ebony battle axe that has shock dmg. I havent changed to a new weapon in so long lol.
des lynam

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim