What's the best TES Game? [POLL]

Post » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:22 am

Hope you guys like it!

Romy Welsch

Post » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:33 pm

Honestly, not sure I can really answer... The deeper I look, the more each game because equally rubbish. Like, it's to the point where I am legitimately surprised any of them are even playable, let alone as enjoyable as they are, they are such a hodgepodge of half-thought-out mechanics, poor implementation and often laughably bad writing...
+++CAZZY

Post » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:56 pm

Do you like, hate TES?

Da Missz

Post » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:33 am

Screw it, I'm putting Arena for all of them. Not because I actually think it is the best, I'm just giving it a pity vote and some love because I'm sure no one else will.

Also, I really don't think that you should have grouped two games for any of the answers. There is enough difference in the combat between Arena/Daggerfall and Oblivion/Skyrim, and certainly enough difference between the main storylines of Arena and Daggerfall for them to each merit their own answer.

These games are certainly not perfect and have a fair amount of glaring flaws, but I think you are being way over-the-top about it.

Nana Samboy

Post » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:31 pm

Just edited it!

sally R

Post » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:38 pm

That's just it... It's probably my favorite franchise, and besides Warcraft and possibly Civilization, I've spent more time in TES games than any others. But when I try to loom at then objectively, the question doesn't become 'Why is this fun' is becomes 'How is this tolerable'.

TES is an enigma to me. I can telll you which I've liked most, and which I've played most, and which disappointed me the most (spoilers, it starts with an O) but I can't tell you which is Best, or which does particular things Best, because that requires critical evaluation. And once I start looking at them critically, I can't understand how they're even playable, let alone as good as they are.
Alex Vincent

Post » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:22 am

Oh ok

Meghan Terry

Post » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:33 pm

I am abstaining. I do not think there is any such thing as "best" when it comes to art or entertainment.

Tha King o Geekz

Post » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:16 am

OK that's fine

Dan Scott

Post » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:43 pm

I'm being totally honest when I say I have enjoyed every single main installment (and Online from what relatively little I have played so far). They each bring some cool things to the table that I wish the other games would (and yes, that includes Arena). As a result, my ranking of which ones I like most sometimes varies. And playing some older games when I was a little kid (although there were plenty of gems I missed out on that I have gotten around to as a young advlt now) and with history as one of my favorite subjects, it was easier for me to delve into earlier parts of the series than probably most people. In fact, Skyrim was first foray into TES. Morrowind cemented it as my favorite series. Initially I wasn't much into Oblivion or Morrowind, but after going into them more openly and realizing that no two TES games are the same, I thoroughly enjoyed them. Few, if any, franchises of any medium have gripped me the way The Elder Scrolls has.

Claire Mclaughlin

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion