What went wrong with Automatron? (Link in description)

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:36 am

Yo, how are people finishing this DLC in like 3 hours? I played through it all in one sitting and it took me like 5-6 hours.

Veronica Martinez

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:03 pm

I definitely took my time and it took me 4-5 hours too.

..but if I really rush through it I think I can get the quest done within 2 hours easily.

mollypop

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:40 pm

If they're like me I can explain. I haven't touched the game in weeks because I'm at the point where I'm going to do the final assault with whichever faction I choose. I'm level 97 and loaded with pretty much everything you could possibly need. The sole reason I stopped playing the Division for a while was to go through the DLC. I'm not hindered by having to do other quests etc so I could focus entirely on Automatron.

courtnay

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:04 pm

I don't think the lack of level cap made the game bad I think the lack of special stat dialogue and unique story paths made the game less enjoyable. If there were a good reason to go back and play the story again I would surely start again and play a scientist/engineer character and have a blast with the dlc, but most people just use their high level character because going back to play a story that is going to be about 95% the same the second time for just 2 or 3 hours of customization stuff and a little quest would be a waste of time.

Also from what I've seen the dlc is about 3 hours if you stop to do the occasional thing here or there though your primary purpose is looking to see everything the dlc has to offer. Seems like if you rush it you get 2 hours. If you are playing in a new playthrough you'd probably get more hours out of the dlc, but seeing everything still only takes about 3 hours(I saw someone beat the dlc in 3 hours, saw probably everything there was to see, went to do something else came back later and they were getting attacked by the new faction while they were building more settlement stuff, which is pretty much the same old stuff i'd see them do before dlc came out......................).

gemma

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:57 am

Yeah OP u should stop with this crap about non level cap.

Im a veteran player like the bad video said. level 85, and i still enjoy the DLC, and i still doing stuff with it after i finish it.

phillip crookes

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:14 pm

Well, power leveling is a choice. It's not forced on anyone. I've retired six characters now, all between the levels of 35 to 50. The game loses most of it's challenge at that point and so I start someone new and usually play them a completely different way, varying the weapon types used, armor worn, etc., even had one that didn't use any crafting perks, one that only used healing items they cooked, etc.

Fixing the DLC so that it's challenging for everyone would only result in turning enemies into bullet sponges. I see the 'real' issue being the lack of a real level cap. However with so few 'derived' skills and no actual skills at all, gaining levels to get Perks is all but required in the current system. Thus, I guess you could say the system overall is flawed. The biggest realization of this to me is the fact that as my character get higher and higher in level they tend to be more and more alike.

Latino HeaT

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:29 pm

why???? first they increase the price bc they will offer more DLCs.

And second where is write that if isnt a story DLC should cost 5$.......

Really the QQ about the prices is just [censored] at this point.

JD bernal

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:35 pm

They should add an option so you can create your own level cap and you cant change it for that playthrough. That way you get the best of both worlds.

Natasha Biss

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:11 pm

and they should make a option so every think i kill droop the best loot ever. and a option so it never become night. and i can go on and on.

They cant make every little option. That isnt how it work.

U dont like it u dont buy it that simple.

Hell ppl will QQ like 1 year old baby next week about the save option on Surivival mode. I HOPE with ALL MY HEARTH that Bethesda dont change it so ppl learn to accept life, and realize that life isnt fair.

Is becoming stupid to come to the forums and read "bhaw bhaw bhwa i dont like bc isnt what i want" or " if i make it it will be like this and that"

Cayal

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:32 pm

I never said i dislike anything. I enjoy there being no level cap. I enjoy the game, enjoyed Automatron, cant wait for Wasteland Workshop etc. Well done for overeating.

Miranda Taylor

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:12 pm

sorry shouldnt have quote u, it wasnt for u i mean in general.

Haley Merkley

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:23 pm

There was a serious lack of robot cats....

Sabrina Steige

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:57 am

People don't seem to understand that this was not a mission dlc. It's like a Sims expansion. When you buy a expansion for the Sims they each costed like 20 to 30$ you got new clothes, furniture, stuff for your sim to play with ect. This dlc was made to add robots. If you don't like robots don't get it. I plane on adding guard bots to every settlement I got. I will probly be making bots for a while so I'm getting my 10$ worth. I think alot of people rushed to buy it thinking it was a dlc to add lots of missions but it's not and so they don't like it. Arc is another game that adds dlc that only contains new items and things to build. Because of the way they made fallout 4 I think we can all expect that they will be making more small dlc's that will add more stuff for settlements and maybe new robot parts and whatnot. I suggest reading the reviews and stuff to make sure you are buying what you want. Most likely if it's a cheap dlc like this one it's probly not going to add huge new areas and missions.
Devin Sluis

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:40 am

I want a robot monkey.
Guy Pearce

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:31 pm

and what exactly would that be?

as long as your playing a game, there is not wrong way to play it.

sam smith

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:54 pm

DSP would argue otherwise.

Richard Dixon

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:57 pm

Well, there is a monkey face you can put on for a robot. lol

Steph

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:49 pm

I didn't see where you explained that you didn't fast travel everywhere and b-line for every objective, perhaps the introduction of the new survival will heighten these experiences as you can't just finish everything quickly. Were you using an OP build also? sneak sniper etc. is not fun whatever dlc you're going to get and play it at lvl 80+

Racheal Robertson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:04 pm

ya I was with sneak sniper. had xo1 too. but NO ROBOTICS! the first quest was kinda tough and I thought it would remain difficult, but the only other challenge was Ahab and that was because it agro'ed ivy and some other enemies.

Tai Scott

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:36 pm

You should count yourself lucky. When I played this quest with mods;

Spoiler
General Atomics Factory had 10 Mr. Gutsy's running around killing all the Mechanist army and they weren't too hard until I found the 5 that were sitting behind the security gates shooting through them at me. I of course could not return fire and had to leave until I could hack robots to self destruct and arm myself with stealthboys. I was on lvl. 25 though so it was ridiculous.

Kanaoka

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:16 am

I enjoyed it. It was within the margin of error of my expectations.

Things that I think would have improved it other than making it a full blown story DLC?

1) Better implementation of new weapons/more new weapons. The lightning mechanic looks cool but feels underwhelming. Give us at least one cool weapon that feels like a punch to the face of our enemies.

2) Perk for the main robot companion.

3) More named robot pieces with special powers. Or customization options with other uses. Examples:Make my own beer brewer, or portable oven belly companion so I can instantly cook all that meat I find,special merchant builds with unique inventory, bots that I can set up on routes in the wasteland that pick up junk and return it to me, a minuteman bot that I can assign to radiant quests that has a chance of completing them over time or being destroyed. That's just a minute of brainstorming.

-I am playing on hard (lvl60)and died a couple times so I must not be doing it right because everyone is complaining about how easy it is. I'd say crank it to max difficulty and only wear the shroud armor. ;-)
ONLY ME!!!!

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:38 am

yeah I enjoyed it to.

yo, where's the blonde chick that's on the cover art?

Kat Ives

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:42 am

I think this is a fine DLC to start with, but the OP has some good points. Basically, this is a traditional Bethesda DLC a la most of what we saw in Fallout 3. So the idea is that it integrates into the main game as another major optional quest you can do. Its not supposed to be challenging for characters who've completed the game. Knowing that going in, I'm not bothered by the fact that it was pretty easy on Normal difficulty. But then, so was the last half of the main game because by the time you hit level 40 or so you are more powerful then most of the enemies in the game. Especially if you have X01 Power Armor modded up.

Far Harbor is being set as the DLC that extends the story in a different way. Even then I'm not sure if it will be a challenge for my level 70ish character. But I can live with it because I enjoy story and settlement building more than combat challenges.

That all said, I do wonder about whether Bethesda made a mistake in waiting this long for the first DLC and then delivering this particular one first. It does seem like on message boards I visit where there were hot and heavy Fallout 4 players back in November and December that there is almost no discussion of this DLC. By January most had finished the main story or moved on and this isn't the kind of DLC that seem to be exciting them. Compared to FO3 and FONV this was a longer delay, but they got away with a long delay between Skyrim and its first DLC so presumably they are approaching things differently now.

Stephy Beck

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:44 pm

The eyebot pods need buffs, I ask for aluminum and get a single cake pan, 3 al,

They should at least provide a shipment's worth of goods, 25, 50, 100, not like 5,

Ammo is also very limited for most types, a single nuke makes a semblance of sense, but getting a handful of 5mm is pointless.

If they gave more resources that would be nice.

Khamaji Taylor

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:04 pm

that is the think Ppl that buy the season pass most likely are still playing the game. (no meter if they finish or no the MQ)

Bethesda game become that a game u keep playing over and over, thanks to the mods.

Hell Skyrim and Fallout NV still have a huge amount of player playing each day

Jade Payton

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 4