When is the DLC being released?

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:38 am

If you want to be reeeally specific, Op. Anch did pretty much that, unless you used the glitch. That's going by not counting after the sim was over and you got access to the rewards.

You only lost in the sim stuff, not actual real things you found in the wastes which is what the guy was rather ridiculuosly suggesting.
GLOW...

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:25 pm

Yeah because they would really make a DLC that didn't give you anything back, that would just flat out rob you. :rolleyes:

Why not? There's several examples of games that have done that, where your inventory is completely obliterated when you get to a certain point. Games are just too nice these days. And why can't an RPG be like life? If you get robbed in real life, there's not a trunk waiting somewhere for you to pick up all your stuff again. It's gone and you deal with it. That said, the suggestion is still good for looting, and makes you re-think strategy, and make the game feel a little more fresh (as opposed to just playing a new mission in the same game).
m Gardner

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:21 pm

For people trying to access Dead money from the Dashboard I think so many people are trying to get Dead Money that we're doing the equivalent of a DDOS
Rude_Bitch_420

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:32 pm

still cant DL it. It shows up as the advertisemant, sort by F, and online, but i cant DL it since it keeps on loading and the xbox site says i need the most current XBL update which i have.
Becky Palmer

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:06 pm

Why not? There's several examples of games that have done that, where your inventory is completely obliterated when you get to a certain point. Games are just too nice these days. And why can't an RPG be like life? If you get robbed in real life, there's not a trunk waiting somewhere for you to pick up all your stuff again. It's gone and you deal with it. That said, the suggestion is still good for looting, and makes you re-think strategy, and make the game feel a little more fresh (as opposed to just playing a new mission in the same game).

Because it never happened in any prior Fallout DLC which is what the guy who's question I answered was suggesting. I have no problem with being robbed in game if ot's down to your own merit, but the only way to get into the DLC, presumabley, is to be gassed unconcious and made a prisoner so....
jess hughes

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:34 pm

still cant DL it. It shows up as the advertisemant, sort by F, and online, but i cant DL it since it keeps on loading and the xbox site says i need the most current XBL update which i have.

Me too.
JeSsy ArEllano

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:44 pm

Dude, I hate being on the east coast and waiting for this to load. I don't know if there is some kind of marketplace gateway that just doesn't get the marketplace data when it is supposed to or WHAT is wrong. All I know is I have a 35/35 internet and this thing is still not allowing the add on to show up on my marketplace. This has happened for every map pack for halo 2 back in the day as well, I just have to wait 30 mins to an hour.
Heather beauchamp

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:24 pm

about 15 minutes ago i could find the new vegas page by looking through the A-Z portion. I just checked right now and the page was removed but the adverts and the page on the "newest" section is still there. when i could access it by the A-Z method, all that showed up were the two trailers.

EDIT: nvm. but it only shows the trailers.
quinnnn

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:03 pm

Because it never happened in any prior Fallout DLC which is what the guy who's question I answered was suggesting. I have no problem with being robbed in game if ot's down to your own merit, but the only way to get into the DLC, presumabley, is to be gassed unconcious and made a prisoner so....

Well, I think in life if you were gassed and imprisoned, it'd be quite unlikely that someone would just hand you all your stuff back or that it'd even be available anywhere that you're taken, but that's just me. And because something didn't happen in a previous DLC, it can't happen here? That's a sad way of looking at a game, the developers can't make any changes from the previous mold, they have to stick to what's already established. Sounds kind of boring.

Anyway, the previous DLC (for FO3) was developed by a different company, Obsidian may feel differently. Either way, the suggestion is still valid even if you think the reason for it is "ridiculous". Why carry 200 units of weight in when you're going to want to loot all those new weapons?
Tarka

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:30 am

Well, I think in life if you were gassed and imprisoned, it'd be quite unlikely that someone would just hand you all your stuff back or that it'd even be available anywhere that you're taken, but that's just me. And because something didn't happen in a previous DLC, it can't happen here? That's a sad way of looking at a game, the developers can't make any changes from the previous mold, they have to stick to what's already established. Sounds kind of boring.

Anyway, the previous DLC (for FO3) was developed by a different company, Obsidian may feel differently. Either way, the suggestion is still valid even if you think the reason for it is "ridiculous". Why carry 200 units of weight in when you're going to want to loot all those new weapons?

But if they want you to work for them than why wouldn't they give you your stuff back? If they it long enough to get a explosive collar on you and get you to agree to help them I don't see why they would keep it. If anything it would be a reason to help them.

Some things like The Pitt you get it back cause people would riot when they took their stealth armor and lincoln's repeater and got it jacked.
Adam

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:56 pm

I am suggesting that it is ridiculuos that somebody thinks in Bethseda's Fallout we could lose all of our stuff and never get it back, because people get pissy enough when they lose compains and stuff through glitches and bugs, they will think of a reason to give you your stuff back; for a game that contains a lot of open-world, sandbox exploration, unique custon items, to just rob them from you would piss a lot of people of, regardless of realism. It hasn't been done in any previous DLC and I can't imagine why anyone in Bethseda or Obsidion or whoever makes the decisions they would think it a good idea to [censored] their customers over by not warning them that they will lose the stuff they may have spent hours getting. People on here have complained that they stopped playing Fallout 3, for example, after just a few lines of dialouge, how many would be pissed off if the game just slapped them in the face and took their gear.
kirsty joanne hines

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:05 pm

But if they want you to work for them than why wouldn't they give you your stuff back? If they it long enough to get a explosive collar on you and get you to agree to help them I don't see why they would keep it. If anything it would be a reason to help them.

Some things like The Pitt you get it back cause people would riot when they took their stealth armor and lincoln's repeater and got it jacked.

Doesn't sound like there's much "agreeance" here. I mean, we'll see how the story goes but if an explosive collar is stuck around your neck, what more motivation is necessary?

Captor: "Do what I say, or I'll blow your head off"
Courier: "Only if I get my weapons back when I'm done"
Captor: "... what part of 'do what I say or I'll blow your head off' didn't you understand? There's no negotiation, do it, or you will be headless!"
Courier: "But all of my weapons and armor are worth more than my head!"
Captor: "..."
CLICK... BOOM. Find a new patsy to go do his bidding.
Brandi Norton

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:29 am

You only lost in the sim stuff, not actual real things you found in the wastes which is what the guy was rather ridiculuosly suggesting.

I'm sorry for being so ridiculous, one of my friends mentioned that when he went into The Pitt he got all of his stuff taken away, from what I remember of the conversation he didn't get it back when he left, which is why I asked the question.
Michelle davies

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:36 pm

I am suggesting that it is ridiculuos that somebody thinks in Bethseda's Fallout we could lose all of our stuff and never get it back, because people get pissy enough when they lose compains and stuff through glitches and bugs, they will think of a reason to give you your stuff back; for a game that contains a lot of open-world, sandbox exploration, unique custon items, to just rob them from you would piss a lot of people of, regardless of realism. It hasn't been done in any previous DLC and I can't imagine why anyone in Bethseda or Obsidion or whoever makes the decisions they would think it a good idea to [censored] their customers over by not warning them that they will lose the stuff they may have spent hours getting. People on here have complained that they stopped playing Fallout 3, for example, after just a few lines of dialouge, how many would be pissed off if the game just slapped them in the face and took their gear.

I'm not saying they couldn't include a warning then... similar to the "this is the point of no return, do you actually want to go on with this mission?" notice towards the end, they could say "if you enter this door, you risk losing all of your items... do you want to go here now?". And all I can say is if people are really going to get that upset about losing a few items in a video game, well... I guess I've just been playing video games for too long to care about what happens in the game if it makes sense as part of the story, and have been playing games since the 80's when they were actually difficult.
Hella Beast

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:15 pm

Sounds like an idea to just piss people off, to be frank. Video games are an escape, not reality.

Still waiting.....

OMG OMG... oh, wait, I already did that joke.
GRAEME

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:55 pm

I'm sorry for being so ridiculous, one of my friends mentioned that when he went into The Pitt he got all of his stuff taken away, from what I remember of the conversation he didn't get it back when he left, which is why I asked the question.

You're told it's in a footlocker by the women who organises the area fights, the footlocker in question is next to her. If it's not in there then there has been a glitch, everything you lose when become a slave is given back to you in that box.

Apology accepted.
Crystal Clear

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:44 pm

stil waiting as well. maybe they do an hourly update for each time zone so there wont be tons of traffic?

but on the flip side, i can access and have a choice to DL the guitar hero pack.
Tinkerbells

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:50 pm

I'm not saying they couldn't include a warning then... similar to the "this is the point of no return, do you actually want to go on with this mission?" notice towards the end, they could say "if you enter this door, you risk losing all of your items... do you want to go here now?". And all I can say is if people are really going to get that upset about losing a few items in a video game, well... I guess I've just been playing video games for too long to care about what happens in the game if it makes sense as part of the story, and have been playing games since the 80's when they were actually difficult.

Well if there was fair warning before hand then there would be no problem with me, of course everyone would then just go in with nothing anyway so the I don't see the point really; well maybe to save some contrived reason where you get you're stuff back.
Prisca Lacour

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:25 pm

Sounds like an idea to just piss people off, to be frank. Video games are an escape, not reality.

Still waiting.....

OMG OMG... oh, wait, I already did that joke.

Yeah... I can understand people getting hyped about content within the content but this is more a post about where the content is..........

I still can't download, it's under add on content under "newest" but the circle just keeps rotating and I can't download. Also any banner that is supposed to lead to the dlc doesn't lead to the dlc.
Emzy Baby!

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:34 am

Doesn't sound like there's much "agreeance" here. I mean, we'll see how the story goes but if an explosive collar is stuck around your neck, what more motivation is necessary?

Captor: "Do what I say, or I'll blow your head off"
Courier: "Only if I get my weapons back when I'm done"
Captor: "... what part of 'do what I say or I'll blow your head off' didn't you understand? There's no negotiation, do it, or you will be headless!"
Courier: "But all of my weapons and armor are worth more than my head!"
Captor: "..."
CLICK... BOOM. Find a new patsy to go do his bidding.

Not so much 'I want my stuff" *BOOM* as 'If you do what I ask I'll give you your stuff back'
mimi_lys

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:06 pm

has it finished downloading for those that were able to start the download?
Laura Ellaby

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:33 am

I live in the east coast and I downloaded it. I just went through the XBL site and purchased it from there.
Rachel Cafferty

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:41 pm

lol, it was removed from the A-Z section again :rofl:

yay DL started. my file size is 248.65. is everyone else's the same?
Gemma Flanagan

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:20 am

It still won't show up on my xbox and online it keeps saying that I don't have the latest market update and that I need to turn my xbox on and sign in. I'm looking at my xbox home screen as it tells me this. Once again, xbox=failsauce
Cartoon

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:58 pm

This DLC is sixy im playing to now
Georgia Fullalove

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout: New Vegas