Where did the Courier get his delivery order?

Post » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:08 am

As in what location? I'm doing a new playthrough and just got to Primm. I always thought the Courier got the order and the chip from Primm, but you get there and ask Johnson Nash where the Mojave Express is. If you got the order and chip there first then shouldn't you remember Nash and where the company is? Since the Platinum Chip was made in Sunnyvale is that where the Courier first got it?
matt oneil

Post » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:54 am

I doubt it was from Sunnyvale (His order slip), but based on All Roads, and details from the game, it's easy to see The Courier hasn't been to the Vegas area before. He might have lived in California a long time and got his orders from there, since the Mojave is in California too.
Monique Cameron

Post » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:55 am

i always got the impression that the courier had just arrived from behind the mountains at goodsprings and got ambushed on his way straight to vegas. probably just as well, because he would have gotten OWNED by deathclaws had he continued in that direction :tongue:
Melis Hristina

Post » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:39 pm

i always got the impression that the courier had just arrived from behind the mountains at goodsprings and got ambushed on his way straight to vegas. probably just as well, because he would have gotten OWNED by deathclaws had he continued in that direction :tongue:

I thought he might have come from the Canyon Wreckage area. The graffiti over there seems like Ulysses wrote it as a message like he knew that was where the Courier came from.
Jamie Lee

Post » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:34 am

I think i recall, J.E sawyer saying that the courier was born in the boneyard, and went in to the area, as the above post said.
TIhIsmc L Griot

Post » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:50 am

I think i recall, J.E sawyer saying that the courier was born in the boneyard, and went in to the area, as the above post said.

I don't think he ever said anything to that regard, but I do remember him saying that the Courier was delivering it from California. Doesn't mean he/she is from there, just delivering it from there. Lonesome Road may reveal where the Courier got it, only time will tell.
Ebony Lawson

Post » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:56 am

The Courier seems to be familiar with the NCR, you can mention you been in New Reno.

But true enough, he does not seem to be a NCR citizen as NCR personal never acknowledges the Courier as such ... I guess because unlike previous Fallout titles the courier is mostly a blank page for the player to fill with the only certainty is of working for the Mojave Express.
ChloƩ

Post » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:39 am

You don't happen to have any reference or link to a quote for this do you?

-Gunny out.
Jynx Anthropic

Post » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:50 pm

The Courier carried his/her delivery from southern NCR, toward the Hub. We intentionally left the Courier's origins and the exact nature of the initial transaction vague.
Kirsty Wood

Post » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:35 am

The Courier carried his/her delivery from southern NCR, toward the Hub. We intentionally left the Courier's origins and the exact nature of the initial transaction vague.

Thanks for letting us know! =]
Milad Hajipour

Post » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:26 am

Hey Mr. Sawyer, I have to ask, is there any signifigance to Sunnyvale, California? Or was it one of those throw a dart at the map scenarios?
Steph

Post » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:49 pm

Hey Mr. Sawyer, I have to ask, is there any signifigance to Sunnyvale, California? Or was it one of those throw a dart at the map scenarios?

Joining the discussion late, but Martyr, I think why they chose Sunnyvale is because many high-end technology groups are based there. It's part of Silicon Valley, and companies such as Honeywell (which builds aircraft electronics, among other things), AMD (a computer company), Lockheed-Martin (aerospace), and Northrop Grumman (also aerospace) have offices there.
Alex Blacke

Post » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:14 pm

Joining the discussion late, but Martyr, I think why they chose Sunnyvale is because many high-end technology groups are based there. It's part of Silicon Valley, and companies such as Honeywell (which builds aircraft electronics, among other things), AMD (a computer company), Lockheed-Martin (aerospace), and Northrop Grumman (also aerospace) have offices there.

Makes sense, I just don't know about California much, so I wasn't sure what made it a point of interest.
JD bernal

Return to Fallout: New Vegas