Where Will You Go When The Forums Close for Good?

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:53 am

I hope the poll isn't confusing. For that purpose, I was curious to know how many of the regulars here will venture to the new community when it is finished and how many have already registered. The other part of the topic is if you're not going to the new forums, are you going somewhere else?

I've already registered to the new forum and have participated in a few discussions on the Fallout 4 boards. However, I imagine after these forums finally close down, I probably won't be posting too much on the new boards if they are in the same state they are in right now.

Once they are good to go, I'll hopefully be posting regularly there as I did here.

I really am going to miss these forums and the community here. I do have this fear, however, that a couple of the members here that we've become fond of will simply take a complete hiatus lol. In fact, the newer boards, along with these as of late, have become pretty dead.

Hopefully, everything will get right back on track, and I give full support to the developers working on the new forums. If we're stressed about this, then I know they must be pretty stressed as well. If I could lend a hand pro-bono I would.

So what are your plans as of right now?

Laurenn Doylee

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:10 am

I voted other and yes. I made an account a while ago on Bethesda.net, but I'll need to see what the new software is like before I can commit to it. Having said that, it feels like a natural point to finally let sleeping dogs lie and close this chapter of my life and to pursue new interests out with the gaming sphere and assimilate myself into a new community... I love Fallout and I've grown to really admire this community, but if I'm being brutally honest, both are on a rapid descent from what was once a mighty zenith.

..xX Vin Xx..

Post » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:10 am

Mr. Eden, the wasteland needs you, Fallout 4 General Discussion needs you lol.

I took a hiatus from gaming in general for a couple years actually, travelling and all that, but now I'm back for good. Pursuing other interests outside of gaming and joining new communities is important as well. So I can understand where you're coming from.

Isabel Ruiz

Post » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:12 am

It all depends if beth.net 2.0 is as big an eyesore as the first attempt has been. If they're as clear and as legible as most normal sites then I'll use it otherwise it will finally be time to sail off into the West, to the Grey Havens...

But, as Hungry Donner's latest post indicates that they still haven't decided on suitable software I think this forum is going to be around for quite a while yet.

meg knight

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:17 pm

I registered back in February. I haven't decided whether I will post there or not. If I post there it will be under a different name.

Louise Dennis

Post » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:17 am

i dunno, i like this community, probably the second favorite i have ever been a part of..

maybe i'll pop over to the new forums when they are ready, depending on what route they go (please nameless deity in the sky, no like button!).. the GoG forums aren't bad, but the particular forums over there i like to post in aren't that active.. Steam is far to hostile for my liking, really hard to get any decent friendly discussion going.. gamefaqs is just about as bad.. could pop over to heroescommunity as those guys are pretty friendly, but its near impossible to have a discussion about anything not related to M&M..

now thinking about it, i miss the early 2000s, when fansites and fan forums ruled the net.. but with official sites becoming common, and reddit taking the combined role of all the old geocity sites, fan sites have died off.. dropped by one I used to frequent quite a bit a few months back, no posts since early 09.. just checked, now its not even up :(

ILy- Forver

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:50 pm

I'll go where the wind takes me after these forums close :P.

Caroline flitcroft

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:51 pm

so, shall we point the fan towards the new ones, or away? :P

LijLuva

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:47 pm

I'm undecided, and can't vote yet.

If it were the current forum software they are using, and that was what we got, my answer would be No and Yes for the poll options. I signed up to check it out, but was quickly disappointed, and rather vocal about it.

With the decision to look at other software options, I'm holding out at least a little bit of hope. I'm hoping whatever they go with, it's a similar feel to here, unlike the Jives forum option. It was never intended to be used for a community like this. It lacked the simplest features we have become used to and look for in a gaming sites forum.

My preferred option would simply be they keep these forums, but they don't fit in with the "all in one place/one username" model. They can not be integrated under that model so this option is a mute point. The ax is falling. No stopping it.

So, depending on how Bethesda.net 2.0, as Shoestring put it goes, we'll see. I'm really going to miss these forums, and the people who do not move over to Bethesda.net 2. We are probably going to lose some very helpful members of the community. The reason I joined so long ago. Chia, helped me getting Morrowind working on my PC, then helped me build a good gaming rig for Morrowind, and future games. I've never forgotten Chia and the help I received. Just as an example, as there were many other helpful people both with gaming, and personal stuff over the years. It may seem silly, but I consider this place to be home (on the internet) and the people here family. This is one of only a few forums I am a member on and I do not have anything even close to the same feeling about the other ones. I don't see myself really joining another community.

Curveballs On Phoenix

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:41 pm

If it's usable I'll go over. I have registered so I can use FO4 mods on my Xbox.

Rude_Bitch_420

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:44 pm

I think they could, actually. There is no compelling reason why usernames have to be the same for forums and downloads. There is no technological reason why the new website couldn't link back to these forums. It's not that these things have to be done that way. It's that they have chosen not to do them that way.

MR.BIGG

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:17 pm

i sort of agree

Pants

Return to Othor Games