Where do you want the next game to take place at?

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:34 pm

I want it to take place at summermist or what ever its called because in oblivion i always heard people say beautiful it is!!!
plus high elf's have pointy ears :)
FirDaus LOVe farhana

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:21 pm

It is Summerset Isle. One can vote for it here; a strong debate of either Skyrim or Summerset Isle:

http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?&showtopic=1054757&st=0
TIhIsmc L Griot

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:12 am

I want it to take place at summermist or what ever its called because in oblivion i always heard people say beautiful it is!!!
plus high elf's have pointy ears :)

This should probably be in one of the two threads already dedicated to this topic.

But I too, would like it if it took place in Summerset Isles, or anywhere really, I want to see some new parts of Cyrodiil Tamriel (sorry). :nod:

But either way, different threads, this is probably going to be closed.
lucile

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:20 pm

It's most likely going to take place in Skyrim because of the trademark they took out, so there's no use speculating on that. However, if they hadn't trademarked a name yet, I'd still want them to set the game in Skyrim. I say this because I think Skyrim will be very hard to screw up, unlike Cyrodiil where they made the jungles magically disappear and the Imperial City magically become really disappointing.

I would really like it to take place in Elsweyr, BUT I don't think Bethesda could make it to it's full potential at this point in time. Same with most of the other provinces. Once they get better tech I'll have more faith in them making games in other provinces.
Chantel Hopkin

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:19 pm

Skyrim sounds best. Black Marsh is 90% Argonian and I can't that much Argonian in one game. Elsweyr would be my second choice but I think it would be a more complete game if you packaged it with Valenwood. Both could be good standalone games, but together they would provide a ton of opportunities for the story. We already saw the best parts of Hammerfell, although it would be nice to have a game devoted entirely to Hammerfell. High Rock would be interesting as well as its own game. Summerset Isles I think should be the last province to be done. It is responsible for more TES history than all the other provinces combined and it is probably better left undone until the Devs believe they can replicate the description of it.

This should probably be in one of the two threads already dedicated to this topic.

But I too, would like it if it took place in Summerset Isles, or anywhere really, I want to see some new parts of Cyrodiil. :nod:

But either way, different threads, this is probably going to be closed.

:banghead:
how solid

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:43 am

:banghead:

Well there are new things, by my count there are 2 new towns in Cyrodiil at the time of The Infernal City. And if Umbriel
Spoiler
lands on the Imperial City
like I hope it does, we would be able to explore Umbriel.

But regardless, we wont be revisiting Cyrodiil again for quite a few games I'm sure.
Jessica Phoenix

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:44 am

Well there are new things, by my count there are 2 new towns in Cyrodiil at the time of The Infernal City. And if Umbriel
Spoiler
lands on the Imperial City
like I hope it does, we would be able to explore Umbriel.

Plus there's Sutch that somehow mysteriously moved to another province. Maybe it would move back :P
Olga Xx

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:17 am

I don't know. Imperials are my favorite race and Cyrodiil is my favorite province, as well as the setting of my favorite game. Now that my favorite province has been used(I like the way Cyrodiil was in Oblivion), I'm not sure what I want the setting of TES V to be. All the provinces sound interesting. Elsweyr sounds interesting. Personally, I don't care much for Skyrim. It's just snow(I've heard there is more than just snow, but most of it Skyrim is covered in snow). Also, as a reply to one of the posts in this thread, Bethesda did not mess up Cyrodiil. There is still a jungle-like environment around Leyawiin and
Spoiler
Morrowind was destroyed in the new novel, and so its terrain is changed
, so what's wrong with Cyrodiil being changed? The explanation is pretty simple, but it is still an explanation, and despite being simple, it works.
Leilene Nessel

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:58 pm

I don't know. Imperials are my favorite race and Cyrodiil is my favorite province, as well as the setting of my favorite game. Now that my favorite province has been used(I like the way Cyrodiil was in Oblivion), I'm not sure what I want the setting of TES V to be. All the provinces sound interesting. Elsweyr sounds interesting. Personally, I don't care much for Skyrim. It's just snow(I've heard there is more than just snow, but most of it Skyrim is covered in snow). Also, as a reply to one of the posts in this thread, Bethesda did not mess up Cyrodiil. There is still a jungle-like environment around Leyawiin and
Spoiler
Morrowind was destroyed in the new novel, and so its terrain is changed
, so what's wrong with Cyrodiil being changed? The explanation is pretty simple, but it is still an explanation, and despite being simple, it works.

I don't want to start an arguement, but Cyrodiil was supposed to be covered in "endless jungle" and the Imperial City was supposed to be jaw-droppingly amazing. Morrowind's terrain changed for a reason, but Bethesda changed Cyrodiil's terrain by basically saying "a wizard did it."
Scott Clemmons

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:57 pm

I don't want to start an arguement, but Cyrodiil was supposed to be covered in "endless jungle" and the Imperial City was supposed to be jaw-droppingly amazing. Morrowind's terrain changed for a reason, but Bethesda changed Cyrodiil's terrain by basically saying "a wizard did it."

Talos is more powerful than a simple wizard. The new setting seems fitting for the central province of the empire. If they change Black Marsh into a forest, than we know something is wrong. Cyrodiil, while described as a jungle earlier, seems as if it should be a little more varied with its current environment. There is snow in the north, swampland in the south, hills in the west, farmland in the west, a forest to the east, and mountains in the north and east. Endless jungle is almost a complete repeat of the swampland near Leyawiin. It would have been nothing more. There are many things that have changed throughout the existence of TES series. Cyrodiil's terrain change is just another one of those changes, and it's not the most drastic change. A jungle is just a forest, except with tropical plants. Bethesda just limited those tropical plants to the south. Eastern Cyrodiil is a forest without those tropical plants, the north has snow(which makes sense due to bordering Skyrim) and there are hills, farmland, and some more trees of the non-tropical variety to the west.
james tait

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:30 pm

Talos is more powerful than a simple wizard. The new setting seems fitting for the central province of the empire. If they change Black Marsh into a forest, than we know something is wrong. Cyrodiil, while described as a jungle earlier, seems as if it should be a little more varied with its current environment. There is snow in the north, swampland in the south, hills in the west, farmland in the west, a forest to the east, and mountains in the north and east. Endless jungle is almost a complete repeat of the swampland near Leyawiin. It would have been nothing more. There are many things that have changed throughout the existence of TES series. Cyrodiil's terrain change is just another one of those changes, and it's not the most drastic change. A jungle is just a forest, except with tropical plants. Bethesda just limited those tropical plants to the south. Eastern Cyrodiil is a forest without those tropical plants, the north has snow(which makes sense due to bordering Skyrim) and there are hills, farmland, and some more trees of the non-tropical variety to the west.

Come on Seti, it's obvious that it was simply a case of dev laziness. If Bethesda could have made the endless jungle Cyrodiil was supposed to be, they would have. If they could have made the Imperial City as amazing as it was supposed to be, they would have. But they didn't have time, further evidenced by the relocation of the city of Sutch. That's why I'm glad TESV is likely taking place in Skyrim, because it will be really hard to screw that up, as opposed to it taking place in Elsweyr.
cassy

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:49 am

Come on Seti, it's obvious that it was simply a case of dev laziness. If Bethesda could have made the endless jungle Cyrodiil was supposed to be, they would have. If they could have made the Imperial City as amazing as it was supposed to be, they would have. But they didn't have time, further evidenced by the relocation of the city of Sutch. That's why I'm glad TESV is likely taking place in Skyrim, because it will be really hard to screw that up, as opposed to it taking place in Elsweyr.

They could have made a jungle. All they had to do was copy and paste the environment of southern Cyrodiil. Skyrim is just a copy of the environment of northern Cyrodiil. How much fun could that possibly be? I think Bethesda can handle Elsweyr. Also, the Imperial City isn't amazing, but it's still quite nice. The most amazing city that Bethesda has ever created is New Sheoth, in my opinion. If they could create the Shivering Isles with its environment in only an expansion, why couldn't they handle the strangness of Esweyr, or perhaps even the Summerset Isles?
willow

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:49 am

They could have made a jungle. All they had to do was copy and paste the environment of southern Cyrodiil. Skyrim is just a copy of the environment of northern Cyrodiil. How much fun could that possibly be? I think Bethesda can handle Elsweyr. Also, the Imperial City isn't amazing, but it's still quite nice. The most amazing city that Bethesda has ever created is New Sheoth, in my opinion. If they could create the Shivering Isles with its environment in only an expansion, why couldn't they handle the strangness of Esweyr, or perhaps even Summerset Isle?

Because if bethesda decides to be lazy again, elwyr would be nothing but sand. And maybe the occasional small oasis of water.(Think puddle.) And it's a little too early to create the summerset isles since it's supposed to be the most magically infused area of tamriel. Atleast with skyrim there isn't much to create. Snow, lush grash vallies, and mountains. And that actually sounds like a great environment.
Chad Holloway

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:25 pm

They could have made a jungle. All they had to do was copy and paste the environment of southern Cyrodiil. Skyrim is just a copy of the environment of northern Cyrodiil. How much fun could that possibly be? I think Bethesda can handle Elsweyr. Also, the Imperial City isn't amazing, but it's still quite nice. The most amazing city that Bethesda has ever created is New Sheoth, in my opinion. If they could create the Shivering Isles with its environment in only an expansion, why couldn't they handle the strangness of Esweyr, or perhaps even Summerset Isle?

Skyrim is NOT a copy of northern Cyrodiil, not even close. :nono:

They couldn't handle Elsweyr, one of the many reasons is the 40+ variations of Khajiit, the crowded cities, the numerous different wandering groups of bandits, among other things. There's too much to do and I don't think they could do it all justice.
Steven Hardman

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:09 pm

:blink:

You know I didn't mean "new", just some different parts.

Summertset Isles, Skyrim, Black Marsh, Elswyr, etc.

I meant "new" relative to the last games.

It could very well take place in
Spoiler
Post-Umbriel Cyrodiil
Yonah

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:14 pm

:blink:

You know I didn't mean "new", just some different parts.

Summertset Isles, Skyrim, Black Marsh, Elswyr, etc.

:huh: We've seen everything there is to see in Cyrodiil, except Stirk. You just listed provinces in Tamriel, not Cyrodiil. Cyrodiil is just another province.
Sweet Blighty

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:56 pm

Because if bethesda decides to be lazy again, elwyr would be nothing but sand. And maybe the occasional small oasis of water.(Think puddle.) And it's a little too early to create the summerset isles since it's supposed to be the most magically infused area of tamriel. Atleast with skyrim there isn't much to create. Snow, lush grash vallies, and mountains. And that actually sounds like a great environment.

If that sounds like a great environment, then why are people so unhappy with Cyrodiil? Also, why would waiting change anything about the creation of the Summerset Isles? If Bethesda actually decided to put a lot of detail into the environment described as that of the Summerset Isles, then it would be perfect. Graphics are at the point where the Summerset Isles would look amazing and waiting doesn't get rid of laziness. Why were the developers of the Shivering Isles able to make the expansion so amazing? Weren't the Shivering Isles truly unique?
saxon

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:47 pm

:huh: We've seen everything there is to see in Cyrodiil, except Stirk. You just listed provinces in Tamriel, not Cyrodiil. Cyrodiil is just another province.

Ah right sorry, I get like that when I'm typing.

I claim dysgraphia of some sort, or dyslexia, but the doctor says "No." :shrug:

Either way, I meant Tamriel. I'm really sorry for the mix-up.

Bad Martut!
Scotties Hottie

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:02 pm

Skyrim is NOT a copy of northern Cyrodiil, not even close. :nono:

They couldn't handle Elsweyr, one of the many reasons is the 40+ variations of Khajiit, the crowded cities, the numerous different wandering groups of bandits, among other things. There's too much to do and I don't think they could do it all justice.

Why isn't even close to a copy of Northern Cyrodiil? It's snow with some trees and mountains, just like northern Cyrodiil. How is it immensely different from northern Cyrodiil?
Austin England

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:53 pm

If that sounds like a great environment, then why are people so unhappy with Cyrodiil? Also, why would waiting change anything about the creation of the Summerset Isles? If Bethesda actually decided to put a lot of detail into the environment described as that of the Summerset Isles, then it would be perfect. Graphics are at the point where the Summerset Isles would look amazing and waiting doesn't get rid of laziness. Why were the developers of the Shivering Isles able to make the expansion so amazing? Weren't the Shivering Isles truly unique?

Because that is and always has been the environment of Skyrim. Like I said, Cyrodiil was supposed to be endless jungle, and even though Cyrodiil in Oblivion looked very nice, people were disappointed because it wasn't the jungle we were all promised. Besides, Skyrim is a war-torn environment with mountainous terrain and while there is snow, there are also beautiful landscapes that aren't snow covered. It's really not like Cyrodiil.

Summerset Isles should be made when Bethesda has a bigger, more capable team. At the moment, it would take more years than it took to make Oblivion to give Summerset Isles all the detail it deserves, imo at least. Skyrim is easy as pie to make in comparison to Summerset Isles.
Soph

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:55 am

SUrely Akavir could be quite a good setting for TES-V. It has a hugely varied landscape, lots of new people and beasts, intriguing lore aswell. Only concern is that it would be too big, its a continent in itself right?
Dagan Wilkin

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:23 am

Because that is and always has been the environment of Skyrim. Like I said, Cyrodiil was supposed to be endless jungle, and even though Cyrodiil in Oblivion looked very nice, people were disappointed because it wasn't the jungle we were all promised. Besides, Skyrim is a war-torn environment with mountainous terrain and while there is snow, there are also beautiful landscapes that aren't snow covered. It's really not like Cyrodiil.

Summerset Isles should be made when Bethesda has a bigger, more capable team. At the moment, it would take more years than it took to make Oblivion to give Summerset Isles all the detail it deserves, imo at least. Skyrim is easy as pie to make in comparison to Summerset Isles.

I agree. Here's why:(taken straight from the wiki.)

Little of the Geography of the Summerset Isles is known. However it is described in A Pocket Guide to the Empire in the sentence; "Cloudrest, atop Eton Nir, the highest mountain in Summerset, is a decidedly odd mixture of architectural styles, with buildings like strangler vines, built on top of other, older structures. The oldest of all ruins there, and in isolated spots throughout the island, are made of coral, which must have been carried many, many, miles away from the sea." This highly suggests original occupation by the Sload.

The Isle of Artaeum (ar-TAY-um) is the third largest island in the Summerset archipelago, located south of the Moridunon village of Potansa and west of the mainland village of Runcibae. Artaeum is the home of the Psijic Order, the oldest monastic group of Tamriel .

The island has idyllic orchards and clear pastures, still and silent lagoons, misty woodlands, and the unique Psijic architecture that seems to be as natural as its surroundings. The Ceporah Tower is a relic from a civilization that predates the High Elves by several hundred years.

An amalgamation of different architecture, misty woodlands, lagoons, clear pastures, and supposedly the birthplace of magic. It would be a shame to create that place with today's technology.
josh evans

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:49 pm

I have heard few people complain about Cyrodiil for that reason. The reason I usually here is "It's boring and Morrowind has a much better environment".

There are beautiful regions in Cyrodiil that aren't covered in snow. Most of Skyrim will be snow. It just makes sense. If it isn't snow, then it will be forest and hills. That sounds like Cyrodiil to me, minus the swampland in the south
A Lo RIkIton'ton

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:06 am

SUrely Akavir could be quite a good setting for TES-V. It has a hugely varied landscape, lots of new people and beasts, intriguing lore aswell. Only concern is that it would be too big, its a continent in itself right?

Bethesda definitely isn't ready to creat Akavir, and even if they ever are, Akavir should never be created. It is supposed to be a mystery, it is too unique, and yes, it is a whole continent.

The Summerset Isles are strange and unique, but unlike Akavir, they are not a complete mystery. I don't think Bethesda should create it now, but I think they can handle something more interesting that Skyrim. Nobody has explained how Bethesda managed to make the Shivering Isles so unique, yet. Bethesda can handle something more interesting than Skyrim, right?
Pat RiMsey

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:09 pm

I have heard few people complain about Cyrodiil for that reason. The reason I usually here is "It's boring and Morrowind has a much better environment".

There are beautiful regions in Cyrodiil that aren't covered in snow. Most of Skyrim will be snow. It just makes sense. If it isn't snow, then it will be forest and hills. That sounds like Cyrodiil to me, minus the swampland in the south

Skyrim is also war torn. Cyrodiil just had forts that aged over time. A war torn province in such a harsh land is appealing.

Edit: To answer the other question, Shivering Isles were unique because it reminded players so heavily of morrwind. It was just an alien world. Could they handle other provinces? Sure. Here's a list of em:

Black Marsh: Unless you are argonian, only the outer areas are explorable. And even then it's risking it.
Elswyr: Desert And jungles. But bethesda could be lazy as I explained earlier.
Valenwood: Supposedly magic infused area with walking trees and cannibalism. But again laziness could turn it into just a giant bland forest.
Hammerfell: It would be interesting just for the political war with the orcs. I don't know too much about that place. Antibody could probably provide more.
Summerset Isles: Look at my other post.
Morrowind: It's basically run over with argonians now. We'd get the mainlands, except with argonians and no/very little dunmer.
Laura Richards

Next

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion