Which GTA game should I get?

Post » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:47 am

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18833/

Get them all for $12.50? Act fast, only an hour left.
Tina Tupou

Post » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:23 am

San Andreas and Vice City are the best in the series, in my opinion.

This. And while not a GTA game, Red Dead Redemption is gud to. (Made by the same company, hence the 'hurkadur gta wif hoerses' shenanigans)
Nicole Coucopoulos

Post » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:52 am

San Andreas and Vice City are the best in the series, in my opinion.

Ah man, I remember back when Vice City and San Andreas were releasing. I couldn't wait and all my friends and I would talk all about it at school. GTA 3 was unlike any game I've played back then and probably one of my first games in which I logged hundreds of hours. Then Vice City rolls around and it's amazing. So many fun and memorable missions in VC. Very good memories with those games. Not sure which I enjoyed more, San Andreas or Vice City. I loved how some of Vice City was based off Scarface.
rheanna bruining

Post » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:27 am

Really? I have Windows 7 and bought SA a few days ago on Steam and it runs fine for me. Only bad thing is poor resolution options but other then that it never had issues starting or in gameplay.

I think you're right about SA, I don't think that one has problems (it's been a while since I tried playing it, like a year). It's Vice City that doesn't work. I've seen a few recommendations like disabling aero, deleting gta_vc.set and adding gta_vc.exe to the data execution prevention exception list. For me the only one that works is deleting the .set file, but then I'm stuck at 800x600 and default settings.
m Gardner

Post » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:32 pm

Get San Andreas for PC and then get the Things To Do In San Andreas mod which adds cut content including bug fixes, more missions, more everything.

Like the outrageously controversial "Hot Coffee" thing that a player discovered? It was basically a six mini game that was hidden within the coding of every GTA: SA game. I tried selling my old San Andreas PS2 game to Gamestop a few years back and they wouldn't except it because it was an original copy, wasn't edited, and didn't have the AO (advlts Only) rating.
danni Marchant

Post » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:10 am

Like the outrageously controversial "Hot Coffee" thing that a player discovered? It was basically a six mini game that was hidden within the coding of every GTA: SA game. I tried selling my old San Andreas PS2 game to Gamestop a few years back and they wouldn't except it because it was an original copy, wasn't edited, and didn't have the AO (advlts Only) rating.
Of course it doesn't have HC. Or hell if I know, I don't do girlfriends in the game. But by all logic it isn't in. You can look up the mod and see the changelog yourself.
Meghan Terry

Post » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:51 am

Of course it doesn't have HC. Or hell if I know, I don't do girlfriends in the game. But by all logic it isn't in. You can look up the mod and see the changelog yourself.

I figured it wasn't included. I brought it up basically just to see if anyone remembered it and the madness it caused.
Jacob Phillips

Post » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:23 pm

Or instead of waiting several months to pay 60 bucks on a game that may or may not be good you can pick up San Andreas, Vice City or even GTA IV for under $10 each on Steam.
May or may not be good? you've got to be kidding, this will no doubt be the game of the year.
sunny lovett

Post » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:11 pm

May or may not be good? you've got to be kidding, this will no doubt be the game of the year.

I got svcked into this for Skyrim, and for 60 bucks I've played it maybe 50 hours (compared to games I've paid 10 bucks for and have gotten several hundred hours). So I'll reserve judgement for when it actually comes out and never get burned by AAA titles and their hype leading up to release.
Holli Dillon

Post » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:00 pm

I got svcked into this for Skyrim, and for 60 bucks I've played it maybe 50 hours (compared to games I've paid 10 bucks for and have gotten several hundred hours). So I'll reserve judgement for when it actually comes out and never get burned by AAA titles and their hype leading up to release.
I have more faith in rockstar than Bethesda.
ShOrty

Post » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:10 am

I have more faith in rockstar than Bethesda.

I doubt you are a PC player then.
Jason Rice

Post » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:00 am

I doubt you are a PC player then.
I dunno...Rockstar's pretty bad about it, but at the rate things are going, I doubt Bethesda's PC ports are going to be much better themselves.
Jade Muggeridge

Post » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:52 am

Has anyone played Sleeping Dogs?

If you didn't know you'd think it was a Rockstar GTA game set in Hong Kong.
stacy hamilton

Post » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:18 am

Hot Coffee: Where CJ isn't really doing anything :tongue:

As for the topic, well you asked about GTA and not Saints Row, so my pick is SA. Addicting as hell.
Mark

Previous

Return to Othor Games