Who is "Alcatraz" and what happened to Nomad? [SPOILER]

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Anyone know? I just started the game. I am where they take Alcatraz from Gould's apartment. Anyone know if I just wait to see what happens or no one really knows?
Javier Borjas

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:30 pm

SPOILER:

Alcatraz is a Force Recon marine, part of a team of U.S. Marines deployed shortly after the alien invasion in New York City. Their original mission was to locate, secure, and exfil Dr. Nathan Gould, one of the original chief researchers at CryNet/Hargreave Rasch, the creators of both NanoSuit 1.0 (Crysis 1) and Nanosuit 2.0 (Crysis 2).

MAJOR SPOILER:

Later in Crysis 2, you'll discover that Hargreave tricked Prophet in Crysis 1 into putting on Nanosuits in the first place. It turns out Nanosuits have some sort of user-resistance, and over time, if the Nanosuits are exposed to alien viruses, the suits will reject the human user, sort of like how human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) will eventually decay the body into death. So Nomad, Psycho, they both died in the time between Crysis 1 and Crysis 2 due to nanosuit resistance.

Prophet's suit is superior, allowing whoever wears it to survive longer. Unfortunately for Prophet himself, his time had ran out so he gives his suit to Alcatraz, who carries on his work. The deep layer substrate in his suit acts as a synthetic habitat to cultivate a vaccine against the Ceph virus.

When Prophet discovers this, he calls out on Hargreave.

Hargreave: "You have to go back, Prophet!"
Prophet: "I don't understand..."
Hargreave: "The suit. Your suit has learnt the Ceph's systems, you have to go back."
Prophet: "You.. twisted.. mother ****. You knew! You knew what the suits would do to my men! You turned them into dead men walking!"
Hargreave: "I turned them into post human soldiers. You're a soldier, think of it as a necessary sacrifice--"
Prophet: "YOU. LIED TO US." *slams fist on table in honest rage*
Hargreave: "Perhaps I was being a little economical with the truth. But what choice do you have? This isn't a war ordinary soldiers can face. This is the future. Death is a mere inconvenience now, nothing more. It is just a matter of time now. We are all DEAD MEN WALKING" *fade out*
Honey Suckle

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:55 pm

damnit, psycho died? he was the only character with any...well....character

nomad/alcatrazz dont talk and are useless and prophet was meh, a tie in
Jonathan Windmon

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:07 pm

MAXIMUM SPOILERS:

Only prophet's suit got the alien codes, thats why hargreave wants his suit. As for nomad and psycho, we never knew if they used nanosuit 2.0, as prophet is the only known wearer, who then gives it to alcztraz.

As for the "turned them into dead men walking" im guessing the suit began fusing with nomad and psycho just like how it started fusing with alcatraz. But thats because we know alcaztraz is was severely injured in the battle at the start of the game and the suit is the only thing keeping him alive. So he is literally a "dead man walking" as he'd die without the suit.
Daramis McGee

Post » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:38 am

Basically, it's a new storyline.
Raptor team wasn't the only nanosuit team on the island, nor were they the only team that survived (They seem to completely miss out the team that you met in warhead)
Kathryn Medows

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:55 pm

well wasnt there a flashback with psycho and nomad with prophet in NYC?
~Amy~

Post » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:46 am

if the Nanosuits are exposed to alien viruses, the suits will reject the human user, sort of like how human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) will eventually decay the body into death. So Nomad, Psycho, they both died in the time between Crysis 1 and Crysis 2 due to nanosuit resistance.

this has to be wrong, this is nowhere said in the game. Prophet died from the Ceph spore virus and the suit DOES NOT kill the user, the suit merges with the user; symbiosis, its said in the opening cinematic
Eliza Potter

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:42 pm

suit DOES NOT kill the user
'cause it's 2.0 suit, that Nomad/Psycho don't have, Prophet is only wearer..
Noely Ulloa

Post » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:51 am

Hey guys if you're going to make story related threads please add [SPOILER] to your forum topic so you don't ruin anything for other members. This topic should also be discussed in our general forum as it is not platform specific.
Lynette Wilson

Post » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:22 am

Kind of ashame that they chose to have the crysis 2 begin in NY and leave us all not really knowing what happened when they go back to the island at the end of crysis 1.
Kara Payne

Post » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:43 am

[SPOILER]

Alcatraz is no more, there is only Prophet.
James Smart

Post » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:44 am

We can play as Nomad and Phsycho in next DLC, you know?
lol
Sunnii Bebiieh

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:13 pm

If nomad is dead, why is there an action figure thing for him in crysis 2 packaging?
link:http://bit.ly/fsqv4x (its in bit.ly since the original link is pretty long.)
CHARLODDE

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:38 pm

nomad and psycho aren't dead unless its excplicitly stated, you dont kill off main characters between the lines

also, when the cutscene happens when they talk about them being dead men walking, they only show jester and aztec

also, prophet says "you knew the suits were symbiotic, look what they did to my men", so nanosuit 1.0 was also symbiotic. when he says "dead men walking" its in reference to their bodies being dead but the suit keeping them alive - like when alcatraz goes into the cradle and they see how much damage his body has sustained and say he's a "dead man walking" without the suit
m Gardner

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:50 pm

if the Nanosuits are exposed to alien viruses, the suits will reject the human user, sort of like how human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) will eventually decay the body into death. So Nomad, Psycho, they both died in the time between Crysis 1 and Crysis 2 due to nanosuit resistance.

this has to be wrong, this is nowhere said in the game. Prophet died from the Ceph spore virus and the suit DOES NOT kill the user, the suit merges with the user; symbiosis, its said in the opening cinematic

Yeah, you are right with that. The suit never kills the user. The user will just grow dependent of the suit, when he keeps sustaining major injuries as those will be healed in symbosis with the Nanosuit. Ergo, if you take the suit off, you will die.
Prophet probably got infected by the Seph unknowingly on the Lingshan Islands (either when he was captured, or when he later returned to the island). When he came back he more or less contaminated the city (which is one of the reasons, Crynet was looking for him). The suit basically kept him alife, even though he was infected.

There hasn't been any real mentioning of Nomad and Psycho so I highly doubt, that they are dead.
Heather M

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:35 pm

prophet didn't contaminate the city, the spore was being released into the air; the aliens contaminated the city themselves

crynet was looking for him because they wanted the suit - or should i say - hargreave wanted the suit for himself because he was in cryostatis and needed/designed the suit to bring him back to "life"

i think prophet was dying anyway, the suit hadn't yet designed an anti-virus, not until you get the tissue samples. the suit couldnt save him from this so he had to pass it on - and like he said, he had to break the link with the suit to do that, so he went all kurt cobain
Heather Dawson

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:24 pm

I still don't understand the ending, were you really Prophet all along, or did Alcatraz take the Prophet for himself now?
Darian Ennels

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:24 pm

I still don't understand the ending, were you really Prophet all along, or did Alcatraz take the Prophet for himself now?
That is what I want to know. I think it's cause it's Alcatraz's body with Prophet's mind (or at least his memories).
Bad News Rogers

Return to Crysis