Who is Victor's lost owner?

Post » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:33 pm

So it always puzzled me were exactly Victor came from. I would assume he was just an early scout for House but the game mentions an earlier "owner":

Before Lonesome Road I thought it could be Ulysses with the Old World flag an all but that didn't become anything. Who exactly was this "owner"?

Ian White

Post » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:59 pm

Robert House.

suzan

Post » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:59 pm

I think the Wiki misrepresents the actual dialogue a bit:

This is what Trudy actually says:

To me, that's more of an indication that Victor never really had an "owner" and that the townspeople are misremembering or just repeating an oft-told rumor. My guess is that Victor was always a scout for House. He's an AI after all, not a Securitron (or at least not a specific securitron), so he would have always been dialed into the Lucky 38 mainframe and network: even before House emerged.

Who knows, maybe he made up the rumor himself to have some sort of cover. Needless to say though I think his "owner" was always House.

Eddie Howe

Post » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:25 am

His owner is House. When you ask House why he didn't help you when Benny attacked he say he could have used Victor but Victor didn't have enough fire power to help.

Charlotte Buckley

Post » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:35 am

To be clear I'm aware that House owns all securitrons (that I know of, I guess Old World Blues had some too so maybe they were massed produced for the public as well?). It just made it sound like someone took Victor under their wing, hence the quotes around "owner". I think Andronicus answered it, unless the townsfolk people didn't misremember and there really was a mystery man.

Jack

Post » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:46 pm

The ones at Big MT were (as far as I remember) just Dr. 0's cheap knock-offs of the actual securitron model designed by House. And 0 never sold them or produced them anywhere other than Big MT. He was just jealous of House so he tried to create his own.

Albert Wesker

Post » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:52 pm

It could also be that since they were going to have Ulysses as a companion maybe "Victors shack" in goodsprings was originally going to be Ulysses's shack where you could recruit him, and when they nixed that they changed it to Victor's shack. Maybe Victor used to belong to Ulysses and Mr House took it over when that whole companion thing was nixed.

As Boone is the anti-Legion companion maybe Ulysses was going to be the anti-NCR companion, he as a Legion scout in the area for a long time, maybe Goodsprings was his home for a bit. Just an idea

Luis Reyma

Return to Fallout: New Vegas