Why Crysis 3 MP svcks

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:17 am

This game is on sale and I bought. Finished the game went to MP, hated it; heres why:

-Connection Issues
The game constantly migrates session and fails. It always puts a terrible host. Litteraly only the host has 4 bars of connection. Everyone else has 1 bar.

-Gamemodes
Theres only 2 active gamemodes TDM and Hunter. Hunter gets really boring. The beta was much better because you have a 2/3 to win a hunter game as a cell...

-Maps
There all just to crowded or too small. Theres also alot of interference like rain.

-Matchmatching
Cant stress this one enough. Just got out of recruits; guess what? heres some rank 50s for ya, have fun!

-Unlocking things
This one pairs up with Matchmaking. You rank up to unlock things but early rank items are worthless against 50s. I mean I shot a lvl 50 right in the face and he one shots me with armor on, and he has 100hp and 82 armor left. You have to get kills to get attachments. But I cant get crap with rank 50s...

-Spawning
I respawn, move for 1 sec and die instantly. Also you have to watch the killcam and half the time I cant tell if the cam is broken or the game. I mean Im NOWHERE CLOSE TO THE BULLET AND I STILL DIE. Also after watching me die the game just gets stuck respawning me.

-Gameplay
As opposed to Crysis 2, your powers now have seperate bars which makes the game too easy. The weapons are annoying also. You have to constantly change the sensitivity for different guns.. It also feels like players are using aimbot... The map is confusing because its rather transperent instead of a solid color which makes it hard to see it in bright or dark maps. Melee is bad too, enemy didnt hit me, still insta dies. And for some reason falling drains all your energy.
sas

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:17 am

This game is on sale and I bought. Finished the game went to MP, hated it; heres why:

-Connection Issues
The game constantly migrates session and fails. It always puts a terrible host. Litteraly only the host has 4 bars of connection. Everyone else has 1 bar.

-Gamemodes
Theres only 2 active gamemodes TDM and Hunter. Hunter gets really boring. The beta was much better because you have a 2/3 to win a hunter game as a cell...

-Maps
There all just to crowded or too small. Theres also alot of interference like rain.

-Matchmatching
Cant stress this one enough. Just got out of recruits; guess what? heres some rank 50s for ya, have fun!

-Unlocking things
This one pairs up with Matchmaking. You rank up to unlock things but early rank items are worthless against 50s. I mean I shot a lvl 50 right in the face and he one shots me with armor on, and he has 100hp and 82 armor left. You have to get kills to get attachments. But I cant get crap with rank 50s...

-Spawning
I respawn, move for 1 sec and die instantly. Also you have to watch the killcam and half the time I cant tell if the cam is broken or the game. I mean Im NOWHERE CLOSE TO THE BULLET AND I STILL DIE. Also after watching me die the game just gets stuck respawning me.

-Gameplay
As opposed to Crysis 2, your powers now have seperate bars which makes the game too easy. The weapons are annoying also. You have to constantly change the sensitivity for different guns.. It also feels like players are using aimbot... The map is confusing because its rather transperent instead of a solid color which makes it hard to see it in bright or dark maps. Melee is bad too, enemy didnt hit me, still insta dies. And for some reason falling drains all your energy.

Well you're right about all of these. I assume you are on pc? Because the ps3 has tons of players now.

You're right, the mp was pretty dissapointing. There were people overusing weapons and AA. P-bows left and right.

As for the energy when falling, that's because of fall damage. If you wanna remove that, change one of your modules to maneuverability.
Claire

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:24 am

-Connection Issues

-Gamemodes

-Maps

-Matchmatching

-Unlocking things

-Spawning

-Gameplay

Connection issues:
Agreed

Game modes:
Not on PS3. The beta was more fun though.

Maps:
Disagree. They have verticality (sp?) and the detail is good. Plus they have tactical advantages as opposed to CoD.

Matchmaking:
Half agree. That's what happens when you're late to the party.

Unlock system:
Disagree. I actually prefer to play as a lower level. It stops you from becoming a sheep like the rest who use all of the noob's guns. The FY,typhoon,takedown and mk60 are some great low-mid level guns.

Spawning:
Half agree. Sometimes it's plain retarded either spawning you on the other side of them map where nobody goes or right in the thick of action.

Gameplay:
Half agree. C2 was better, but c3 is faster. As for energy drainage, use maneuverability level 3.
Avril Louise

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:52 am

This game is like a guilty pleasure for me. There are a lot of things I hate about the game but I still like the game. As for your reasons for disliking the game:

Connection:
- I agree that the host migration and selection is crap. I would like to add another issue though: high ping players have an annoying habit of teleporting when moving. Plus the game simply can't keep up with players who power jump while sliding, causing them to suddenly teleport to the air during the middle of the power jump animation.

Game modes:
- There are some boring or terrible modes (Hunter, Extraction and Assault) but if you can gather some people to play Crash Site or Spears, those can be super fun.

Maps:
- I disagree with this a lot. If not counting Brooklyn Bridge, I like the maps a lot. The DLC maps are like a level designer's heaven (though those can be a bit difficult for shotgun users)

Matchmaking:
- Adding to that, the Matchmaking loves to put high level players together even if they aren't in a squad. Plus the team balancing can be prevented by forming a large squad, which is a serious issue. I know that people want to play together but that also makes the game far less enjoyable for others who are team stacked.

Unlocking things:
- I think the weapons you unlock early should be easier to use. I mean, how is a newbie going to be encouraged to play the game when he might accidentally pick the high-recoil weapons and gets discouraged when the veterans are just running around with zero recoil weapons?

And since this is a good opportunity for some more complaining, the risk-reward factor has been thrown out of the window since players can kill others with Mike, Grendel, (auto-aim) Bow and Rhino as easily as with the difficult weapons except far more easily. Plus there are a lot more balancing issues like Alpha Jackal being useless compared to other shotguns, Feline having a ridiculous point blank modifier and so on.

Spawning:
- Very large issue in objective game modes where a team can spawn trap the other team very easily. As for the kill cam, it is broken. (Just imagine this game having a theater mode like in Halo. That would be hilarious to watch.)
Nicholas C

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:50 pm

This game is like a guilty pleasure for me. There are a lot of things I hate about the game but I still like the game. As for your reasons for disliking the game

For me this game is like Nickelback in music. I'm not supposed to like them but I do.

Maps:
- I disagree with this a lot. If not counting Brooklyn Bridge, I like the maps a lot. The DLC maps are like a level designer's heaven (though those can be a bit difficult for shotgun users)

The DLC is useless in terms of actually playing it. Maps are great and frenzy is just about one of the best modes out there just because it's the game's version of communism (everybody is equal). But I just can't play without being OHKed by everyone.

I'm not joking, once everybody sees that I'm the easy kill, they actually deliberately swarm me in duos & trios as if they actually collaborate.
April

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:00 pm

I didn't like the MP in 3, feels way too inconsistent.

AA basically gives you double life with some weapons so you never know if the first shot will damage their health or if they will magically use armour. They should have stuck to Crysis 2s always off(or on but drains energy and has graphical giveaway) or Crysis Warheads always on armour(until you switch mode, graphical too).

Also coming from games like Battlefield And CS, the aim feels terrible, sensitivities for different sights are inconsistent. Not to mention poor balancing etc.

Some more issues I have the the game plus others already listed on this thread. If Crytek wants more casual players to stick by they have to make it a lot more consistent, it seems like a reason why Halo 3 etc were popular for all player groups.
Jason Rice

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:24 am

As much as this game svcks, we've all played worse.
Juan Cerda

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:54 am

I don't think I can agree with that
Ridhwan Hemsome

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:34 am

Really? You must be really picky about your games?
Laura Hicks

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:43 am

Maybe it's my disappointment with Crysis 3, but I found most of the games I played online to be at least somewhat enjoyable.. I just didn't find C3 enjoyable, so I wouldn't say picky
Nymph

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:53 pm

Maybe it's my disappointment with Crysis 3, but I found most of the games I played online to be at least somewhat enjoyable.. I just didn't find C3 enjoyable, so I wouldn't say picky

Fair point. I'm more of a "Judge a game by it's cover/name" type of person. I tend not to watch reviews in case of spoilers. C3 was ok to begin with but 2 months in it was getting repetitive.
Roisan Sweeney

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:25 am

Crysis 2-3 wanted to be a CoD. And it is much better than CoD.
But there is problem: CoD is MUCH and MUCH more famous and it is a way easier.
So everyone plays CoD.
Crysis should be stay Crysis. So now franchise is dead because there is one CoD already and noone needs another one
Leah

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:45 am

-Connection Issues

-Gamemodes

-Maps

-Matchmatching

-Unlocking things

-Spawning

-Gameplay

Connection issues:
Agreed

Game modes:

Maps:
Disagree. They have verticality (sp?) and the detail is good. Plus they have tactical advantages as opposed to CoD.

Matchmaking:

Unlock system:
Disagree. I actually prefer to play as a lower level. It stops you from becoming a sheep like the rest who use all of the noob's guns. The FY,typhoon,takedown and mk60 are some great low-mid level guns.

Spawning:
Half agree. Sometimes it's plain retarded either spawning you on the other side of them map where nobody goes or right in the thick of action.

Gameplay:
Half agree. C2 was better, but c3 is faster. As for energy drainage, use maneuverability level 3.

I agree with you but except for the gameplay, Crysis 3 is crazy ! And people rage like this guy
Becky Cox

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:51 pm

-Connection Issues

-Gamemodes

-Maps

-Matchmatching

-Unlocking things

-Spawning

-Gameplay

Connection issues:
Agreed

Game modes:

Maps:

Matchmaking:

Unlock system:

Spawning:

Gameplay:

I agree with you but except for the gameplay, Crysis 3 is crazy ! And people rage like this guy

I prefer C2's because it made you think about energy consumption.
Rach B

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:29 pm

first my opinion it might be the same as the opinion of hydro_pt

I like the ccx in performance and looks.
I also think its indeed a love it or hate it car.

I also know lots of peeps says it svcks but why?
please explain by pressing postreply VV
Sarah Knight

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:10 pm

first my opinion it might be the same as the opinion of hydro_pt

I like the ccx in performance and looks.
I also think its indeed a love it or hate it car.

I also know lots of peeps says it svcks but why?
please explain by pressing postreply VV

Too outdated. Plus Koenigseggs are over-rated also:

THIS IS SPAM!!!
Miss K

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:46 am

???

I like spam
Ysabelle

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:23 am

Jeez...da hell?
Suzie Dalziel

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:21 am

-Connection Issues

Agreed

-Gamemodes
There's only 2 active gamemodes TDM and Hunter. Hunter gets really boring. The beta was much better because you have a 2/3 to win a hunter game as a cell...

Sorry you got the game when most people stopped really playing it. Like what was said before crashsite and spears are awesome gametypes, I should know I'm #1 in the Crysis 3 small world of crashsites held. on the 360 version. (my K/D suffered because of it)

-Maps
There all just to crowded or too small. There's also a lot of interference like rain.

The maps are not all small or overcrowded, Its been a little while since I played but I don't remember any MP maps where it rained. You talking SP? The DLC maps while gorgeous are way too large. I think a match of 16 vs 16 would make those maps more playable. Plus separating the maps where you had to choose between playing the DLC or the regular rotation was a stupid idea. It should of been if you brought the DLC you got to play DLC maps and the regular rotation maps. So if you brought the DLC you really just payed for two weapons, the claw and the Rhino because nobody is playing the DLC maps.

-Matchmatching
Cant stress this one enough. Just got out of recruits; guess what? here's some rank 50s for ya, have fun!

Sorry but this breaks down to you coming very late to the party.

-Unlocking things

Again, late to buying the game, for now you would have grit your teeth and fight through it.

-Spawning
I respawn, move for 1 sec and die instantly. Also you have to watch the killcam and half the time I cant tell if the cam is broken or the game. I mean I'm NOWHERE CLOSE TO THE BULLET AND I STILL DIE. Also after watching me die the game just gets stuck respawning me.

Lag is a big issue, especially on XBox 360, watching reply's will only piss you off more. The reply's on Crysis 3 where broken from day one.

-Gameplay
As opposed to Crysis 2, your powers now have separate bars which makes the game too easy. The weapons are annoying also. You have to constantly change the sensitivity for different guns.. It also feels like players are using aimbot... The map is confusing because its rather transparent instead of a solid color which makes it hard to see it in bright or dark maps. Melee is bad too, enemy didn't hit me, still insta dies. And for some reason falling drains all your energy.

Well this is personal choice, I can play either way, Crysis 3 to me was fun and easier for noobs to the franchise, Crysis 2 was for the hardcoe gamer who wanted that extra difficultly.
Ymani Hood

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:38 am

The maps are not all small or overcrowded, Its been a little while since I played but I don't remember any MP maps where it rained.

Williamsburg is the only one with rain. And to be honest you don't notice it once you're about 1 min into the match, probably why you don't remember it.
Benito Martinez

Return to Crysis