Why Do Dreams Feel Like a Second Life

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:22 am

Does anyone have these dreams that feel like they're taking a life of their own? I swear when I sleep at nights it doesn't feel like I'm dreaming but experiencing almost a second life or like the dream itself is taking a life of it's own. I can read objects, smells things, hear things, interact with things and it all seems so real but yet I'm a sleep. Anyone have dreams like these?

Alexxxxxx

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Gets bad when it affects your memory... Even crazier is when I can remember in the dream if I had the dream before..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RMHHwJ9Eqk

Code Affinity

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:33 am

Oh I know that feeling, there's dreams I've had I can still remember yet according to professionals we shouldn't be able to remember them cause then your brain starts confusing reality with dreams, but there again why do these type of dreams occur? I've had dreams where my mother's still alive and still living with me and my father, I've had dreams that feel spiritual and keep having them, then there's dreams about me and my family living in a house that I've never lived in and will continue to have that same dream on different nights and same house all in perfect detail.

Rachael Williams

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:50 am

Perhaps you're dreaming right now.

I would ask for my money back if that was the case.

Georgine Lee

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:14 am

lol
Rozlyn Robinson

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:31 am

Dunno. I've had various dream serialisations, which is weird, and numerous occasions where I've become aware I might be dreaming and become engaged in a battle of wits with my unconscious mind (it often wins, filling in amazing amounts of detail and only gives the game away when it over-extends itself such as a recent "actually, the night sky would look awesome with two moons in it." Hah, gotcha!)

What is a bit sad (? maybe) is that my waking life has been plagued with depression for decades but I'm not depressed in my dreams.
DeeD

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:40 am

Op have you ever thought that your second life is the real one and this life is the dream? I mean political correction, gamergate, colledge segregation, in the words of biggie smalls "it was all a dream!"

On a side not the whole segregation thing most likely isnt even real just colledge students being dumb again.
Loane

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:58 pm

Oh man, is there anything worse than dreaming you get up, have a wash, get clean, get dressed, go to work and start going stuff...

Only to have your alarm go off and you realise it's time to get up, have a wash, get clean, get dressed and start doing stuff?

You're kind of left thinking "Wow... today really better be worth getting up twice for".

Alexandra Louise Taylor

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:02 am

Yeah, i've always had very lively dreams. At the time i was convinced they were reality.

They usually involve me returning home after being away a long time somewhere far away, any kitchen psychologists care to comment? :teehee:

Once i dreamt that my wife has just died. Nothing relating to reality in it, but the pain was real. About that time i stopped trusting my brains. Though we've made truce, it keeps my subjective reality as objective as possible, and i won't dissolve it with alcohol :hehe:
Emma Parkinson

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:46 am

Let me hook you up to the mains, and get out my saw.

Tamika Jett

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:32 am

I rarely dream anymore, or at least I don't remember them. When I do I know I'm dreaming as its vary distinct, like watching a cartoon trying to imitate real life.
Gen Daley

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:40 pm

Dreams have more symbolic meaning with how your subconscious is feeling or is perceiving the world. Death is usually associated with a feeling of change around that person.
Princess Johnson

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:43 am

if you log your dreams and recognize patterns, you will find that you can realize your dreaming at some point.

like for me a few things always alerts me to dreaming:

*an old cat of mine tends to not be black in the dream

*cars always seem to be stuck in reverse when driving

*it'll be bright daylight when it's midnight

*completely nonsensical words whenever reading something

*sudden onset of bad weather out of nowhere

*having long hair looking in the mirror

*legs getting unusually tired fast

any of those now and I realize I'm dreaming, which makes for some interesting situations. though mostly just end up transitioning to waking up soon after, like I start feeling my bed along my body and then awake.

haha I remember one time with gibberish words. I was playing a gambling machine where you complete words under a timer limit.

first word was 'yam', which is real

second word was 'scramp', which isn't a word, but close

third word was 'myabloxiqi' which was a wtf moment

fourth word was 'mgxzzbtfdnmq' which I then realized I was dreaming

not sure if the random letters are significant at all. but I could remember it since I recognized it was a dream and awoke shortly after.

e.Double

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:29 am

An excellent movie to watch on dreams is Waking Life. From this I learned to look at clocks/find something to read and flip light switches to determine if I'm dreaming when I do have the rare dream.

Has a lot of deep philosophy in it and is worth watching at least once.
Alyesha Neufeld

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:59 am

I've tried stuff like that: fiddling about with random objects, reading stuff, smelling stuff; my unconscious mind always seems to be one step ahead unless it's having a laugh, though.

The really weird thing is that it also seems to have some musical talent that I don't: I've heard some great tunes in my dreams that I'm fairly sure are original. I've heard people say they're just repetitions of stuff you heard previously and forgot but I'm not convinced, and I'm sure I've heard of people "writing" music by writing it down the moment after waking up before it's forgotten.

Edit: oh, and as well as not being depressed when I'm asleep, I'm also socially really quite confident in total contrast to RL.
Haley Merkley

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:05 pm

I wish. I sleep so heavily that I rarely even remember what I dream about.

Marilú

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:17 am

Same here I tend to write things in my dreams but instantly forget them when I wake up. I am terrible at writing when I am awake.
George PUluse

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:10 am

I had a friend that would lucid dream and told me he once went to sleep in his dream and woke up in a shadow nightmare world.
Nice one

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:37 am

Not unusual I dream that there is a another house within my present house.

I have also had wish fulfillment dreams of a dead relative being alive.

I had a particularly worrying one on the evening of the day my father died, in which woke up in

the middle of the night, went downstairs to find my father alive. He informed me that they were

unable to recognise the body and he was off. He left, carefully closing the front door, and

I went back to bed. His death was'nt the kind to result in an unidentifiable corpse.

I used to wonder about the dream whenever I saw somebody who looked like my father, and

even rationalised the probability of my father faking his own death and the necessary conspiracy required

for the enabling of such an act.

I have been interested in dreams since being a small child and reading a strip in the UK comic

Sparky, which was about a pair of twins and the adventures that they had in their dreams.

Dalley hussain

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:33 am

I hate this.

Though sometimes those dreams feel like "damn I'm glad that's not how my morning went" when say you get fired or something crazy bad happens at work. The rest of the day I'm a bit on edge and feel relief it was an event less day.
Budgie

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:20 am

Right, i've had dreams where there is all this stuff i want to read, but can't because the text is all blurry. Annoying.
Crystal Clarke

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:45 pm

When I play a game I really enjoy... and go to sleep... I usually just dream that game.

Those are my favourite dreams.

Lloyd Muldowney

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:44 pm

I've had those all the time and I agree they're the best ^_^.

Trish

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:15 am

Woah! Dreams are SO profound, man.

I once dreamt that I ate a HUGE marshmallow, and when I woke up, my pillow had disappeared!

Cuh-ray-zee, right?

Rob

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:35 am

Until your playing a game like Alien Isolation and you dream your being hunted by a dark demon that does from nowhere and is immune to everything you try....
Brιonα Renae

Next

Return to Othor Games