Why am I glowing? How do I turn it off?

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:14 am

For some reason my character is glowing. If I put anything down on the ground I'm carrying or wearing, the glow turns off in inventory mode, and when I turn off inventory, the glow comes back... Its like I'm carrying a weak lantern... and its REALLY ANNOYING!!! I like playing a shadowy thief... and constantly glowing everywhere I go really destroys the atmosphere of a game for me, its really ruining the game for me. It didn't do this until I accidentally deleted a rare lantern I really liked and spawned it again to get it back... and ever since then, my character won't stop glowing. Someone PLEASE tell me how to make this stop?!

Edit:
I forgot to add that it likes to only light up the individual surfaces I'm closest to, so one wall will be black and the wall right next to it will be lit... completely screwing up the lighting effects in the game. PLEASE tell me one of you guys knows how to fix this!
Ann Church

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:28 am

It didn't do this until I accidentally deleted a rare lantern I really liked and spawned it again to get it back... and ever since then, my character won't stop glowing.

The game thinks you have this lantern equipped now.
Use this console command: Player->RemoveItem "ID of the lantern" 1
Holli Dillon

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:33 am

The game thinks you have this lantern equipped now.
Use this console command: Player->RemoveItem "ID of the lantern" 1

maybe it's the id of the light (not sure, but there was -obviously- a difference between trueflame and it's light)
for "easy" browsing, you could load your savegame in morrowind enchanted editor. you should be able to make out the light/lantern there
Ymani Hood

Return to III - Morrowind