Why has this game died so quickly?

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:51 pm

In it's first month, there was constantly a good 500-1000 on PS3 during the day. Why do quickly did it drop to 300 and now its peak is 200 people in a day. This game did everything perfect in my opinion and has an online experience that few games can match (way more fun than Crysis 2). Was it the map pack or what? I just wish it was thriving because I love the game so :(
Its been about 10 months and the game's playerbase numbers are like its a year and a half old.
jessica Villacis

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:56 pm

In it's first month, there was constantly a good 500-1000 on PS3 during the day. Why do quickly did it drop to 300 and now its peak is 200 people in a day. This game did everything perfect in my opinion and has an online experience that few games can match (way more fun than Crysis 2). Was it the map pack or what? I just wish it was thriving because I love the game so :(
Its been about 10 months and the game's playerbase numbers are like its a year and a half old.

It's because of the patches and DLC. But why would you want to play C3 when GT6 came out on Friday?

SCREW C3! GT6 FOR THE WIN! (even if they're not related).
Charleigh Anderson

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:16 pm

Well....I'm willing to play a lot of this game but I can't connect to the online mode.

Is a very awesome game to be honest. But maybe the devs need to put some more energy on it
Jessica Thomson

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:55 am

The "Big plans" that were coming apparently got shutdown.... But we have stated several times that its not over yet. There is so much potential yet there's not enough community support.

As well as Crytek support *excluding CryDev* (You guys rock) for C2 and C3 while time continues to go by.

The older these games get the more they have to leave behind.. That's the gaming style lately... What we as supporters need to do is simple:

"Crack open the Labyrinth and confront the Minotaur "

Remind them that they can do more than what's holding them back.
Expansions or Expansion DLC: that's an option Free is also an option for PC players.
Robert Garcia

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:29 am

Really?... the game did everything perfect??? What game have you been playing?? MP glitches, MP constant migration failures, weapon imbalance, picking one game type and starting in a different game type, horrible lag, should I go on???

The main and most important part which is multiplayer had the network coding of a child, the person would probably lose on the game show "Are You Smarter Then a 5th grader?" Yes it does have a online experience that few games have, and that's a constant good night of online play connection, wither that be migration failure or any previous things I mentioned. I love the game, but it is very, very far from perfect.
Eddie Howe

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:43 pm

"Are You Smarter Then a 5th grader?"

The British version of that (are you smarter than a 10 year old? [that hasn't been shown for several years now]) isn't actually true because I never studied 80% of the topics that the questions are based on. None the less, I get what you mean lol
ONLY ME!!!!

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:18 am

"Are You Smarter Then a 5th grader?"

The British version of that (are you smarter than a 10 year old? [that hasn't been shown for several years now]) isn't actually true because I never studied 80% of the topics that the questions are based on. None the less, I get what you mean lol

Thing is; that last 20% is still not studied by the network coder LOL
Ladymorphine

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:54 am

c3 will continue to have players but this idea has been beaten into the ground. They stopped supporting the game, there's things left undone that needed to be fixed, other games came out like bf4, and the veteran player base was left feeling jilted and mad. There's always a lot of servers up and running during the day in the US which suggests a lot of euro support. Too bad in the evening it's mostly dead with < 100 players. If you can play during the day do so but otherwise you'll have to play when you can if you continue to play. It's the nature of the beast when a game is left like this....
Louise

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:35 pm

c3 will continue to have players but this idea has been beaten into the ground. They stopped supporting the game, there's things left undone that needed to be fixed, other games came out like bf4, and the veteran player base was left feeling jilted and mad. There's always a lot of servers up and running during the day in the US which suggests a lot of euro support. Too bad in the evening it's mostly dead with < 100 players. If you can play during the day do so but otherwise you'll have to play when you can if you continue to play. It's the nature of the beast when a game is left like this....

Well, your right... I just could not stop my impulse to reply to the first post. LOL
Riky Carrasco

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:40 am

Are you guys encountering hackers on the servers??

I've been playing and I'm sure I've bumped into a couple of them
OJY

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:48 am

Theyre there. See them start a kick. If youre on my server (impact gaming) and Im there I just ban them. Not too many though these days...
stacy hamilton

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:45 pm

Theyre there. See them start a kick. If youre on my server (impact gaming) and Im there I just ban them. Not too many though these days...

I will, hackers just ruin games for everyone
Allison Sizemore

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:21 am

At this moment Crysis 3 MP has less than 40 more players than Crysis 2 MP D: And I can't play C2 because of this stupid website transition so I can't use my gamesas account anymore :/

It doesn't help that Crytek screwed up the forums, abandoned support in a few months etc
zoe

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:50 pm

the person would probably lose on the game show "Are You Smarter Then a 5th grader?"

Most people lose that show because it's actually very difficult.
Matt Bigelow

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:05 am

They got your money. They're gone.
clelia vega

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:58 am

"No dedicated servers" period!
The many problems that plague this games mp and many others is the lack of money being put into better servers.
MP in cry3 all comes down to who has the best connection and who connects to there servers the best which could be a ton of little details that only an IP tech could figure out. And even if you could it would'nt do you any good unless you could get all those little details in your favor which would probably require you to move, switch IPP, get a new modem, and probably many other little tweaks to your network.

I wish we could rent our own servers , or at least for people with great bandwidth. But there would still be problems even with that since in the end you still have to eventually run through EA's cruddy loan servers to connect.
Amysaurusrex

Return to Crysis