Wierd Screen Blurr & Help With Tranquility Lane Cheats

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:26 pm

This contains spoilers.

Okay, so I got the quest Tranquility Lane. When I go to Vault 112 for some reason my screen blurs (I cheated in there using movetoqt). I remember my friend saying that in one of the vaults the screen fades and you get these flashbacks or something, but I don't know if that is what is going on here.

So when I get in my tranquility lounger, and enter tranquility lane, I go to the abandoned house. I do the combination this far - I hit the radio, then I hit the pitcher, then gnome, then pitcher, and my screen blurs, I get near the fallen over candle holder and my game freezes....? Okay..? Is this supposed to happen? Also, before I reinstalled, I tried doing Bettys' tasks, and I got to the point where I had to break up the couples marriage.

So I try and do the speech choice and I fail, then I grab the "Panties" and attempt to put them in the desk of Mr Rockwell (or whoever they are :P). But right when my crosshair goes over the desk, I freeze. Both times when they freeze I have to alt+tab and press start to get out.

Now, on to problem 2.

I would like to skip tranquility lane, as I do not want to bother with this quests problems I mentioned. I have the quest code for Tranquility Lane, (it is 00014e8a), and I use the command : GetQuestCompleted 00014e8a, that works (sort of..?). It shows QUEST COMPLETED. Yet..I look in my quest log and It is ,actually, NOT completed. I tried these other codes; CompleteAllObjectives 00014e8a ; CompleteQuest ; and the cheat GetQuestComplete doesn't work apparently.

And guess what? None of the cheats work. So...I just say "screw this" and click on the quest to rig the megaton bomb. Then I do movetoqt in cheat console. And then...Guess what happens!? My screen blurs. Wtf? I thought that only happened in Vault 112? And no, I have not drunken any beverages or eaten anything. Or taken drugs. The only thing I can see that would be a problem is Low Life. Is that why my screen is blurring? My life was low ever since I teleported into Vault 112.

--------

This blurring problem is the first time this has happened...So yes, I do indeed think it is do to the low life. But I still need help on cheating through Tranquility Lane and getting the next quest, The Waters of Life.

I am running Fallout 3 on a Windows 7 computer, installed with 2 mods (these mods on my first try werent the problem) in the default folder, and if I can figure out anything else I will post it up here.

Thanks to advance to all those who read this massive wall of text and help me with my problems :)
Chloe Lou

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:40 am

I'm on 360, but I did read your wall o' text, and the first thought (after reading thousands of posts of pc players' games in this and Oblivion) was that you need to speak to the robot there, and sit in the lounger, trigger the start of the quest, then you can move through the quest with that voodoo, that you pc users do, so well. Reload a save from before , do the opening trigger of the quest, then move through. Just some thoughts I had when I read it.
laila hassan

Return to Fallout 3