Wifi connected but no internet?

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:58 pm

Thought it was worth a shot asking you guys.

So I got a new wifi modem today, all my devices connected with no issues but I'm not able to access the Internet at all.

Any ideas what the problem is?
Isabell Hoffmann

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:39 am

I suggest contacting your internet provider ;)

Marion Geneste

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:17 pm

Probable causes (IMO) in the order I'd check them:

1. Hardware hiccup (try power-cycling all network-related equipment and client devices)

2. New modem is not activated (call internet provider to activate or follow ISP's instructions for activating yourself)

3. Weird settings on the equipment (DHCP not turned on in your router's settings, etc.)

4. Internet outage (seems an odd coincidence unless it happens often in your area)

5. Defective hardware

I would say, "call your ISP," but I don't know how your ISP's customer service is. My ISP is Comcast, so I generally do very thorough troubleshooting before calling. It inevitably takes longer than I'd like. I usually have to wade through an army of people reading scripts ("Please clear the cache and cookies in your web browser again" :eyeroll: YGBKM) before I can get to an actual technician.

Claire

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:36 am

Most likely the modem isn't activated on the ISP's network. Your account may still have an older modem listed and needs to be updated to reflect the new modem's MAC address.

I had a similar issue with Comcast. Instead of modifying my account with the new modems info, they cloned the old modem's MAC to the new one. :P It works but its ass backwards.

^~LIL B0NE5~^

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:03 am

Yeah you may need to contact your isp to get your modem registered and make sure, ip addy and all the numbers are being freindly with their server and your machine.

Gemma Archer

Return to Othor Games