will there be a stonekeep 2?

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:15 pm

Hey, I`m a die hard fan of the origanol Stonekeep, And I was wondering if there will be a second Stonekeep. Someone said the plan for it was canceled and that gamesas had been down for a few years or so and Now i`m wondering, Because iterplay is back up and running, will there be a stonekeep 2? :D
luis ortiz

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:53 am

There was a Stonekeep 2 in production for a while, but it was canceled many years ago.

gamesas still owns the Stonekeep property, but there are no plans at this time for a sequel. I'd like to see one, personally... ^_^

pax,
-Chris
matt white

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:35 pm

yeah, it was great game. One of a kind. I had so many troubles trying to install it when i got it, but the trouble was worth it. To me, It`s one of the best games, and a sequel would be amazing.^_^ :mrgreen:
Dewayne Quattlebaum

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:14 pm

Stonekeep was one of my favorite childhood games. A sequel (or even a remake) would definitely be exciting. Come on gamesas guys, at least consider it :!:
Alina loves Alexandra

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:03 pm

yeah, I hope they do. I Wonder what they could make stone keep look like now if they remade and uped the graphics..... Wow...
Skivs

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:17 am

I would also REALLY love to see a Stonekeep 2. Stonekeep is one of my favorite RPGs of all time, so i hope to see a sequel to it :) Visit my website: http://www.pumosoftware.co.nr
and my forums: http://3d-get.de/pumosoft/forum/
There you'll find info about Pumo Mines (my Descent2/D2X-XL mission & mod project)
Amysaurusrex

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:09 pm

Every few years I get the urge to dig out the CD and install Stonekeep on whatever machine I may be running at the time. Now a days we have to give a big "Thank You" to the programmers at DOSBox for creating the possiblilty for us to still do that.

I got Stonekeep in the summer of 95 as a gift. It's been on every machine I've owned over the years and I installed it on my iMac. I need to dig out a standard mouse because the Mighty Mouse only is recognized as a single button device and that's not very practical for this game. Also the display isn't so great, but other than that the frame rate is great and the game plays very smoothly, at least in the starting spot room.

I'd like to try it in Vista, but I have the 64 bit version and as soon as I try to install it Vista blocks it. Most likely because it's 16 bit game. I'm sure there's a way around it so I'll keep hunting.

I was very disappointed when I heard that gamesas(intrplay) had cancelled the production of the sequel.(Godmaker ??) and even more when the company shutdown operations.

Good to see you back online and if anyone there ever gets the desire to do some real RPG programming reconsider resurrecting Stonekeep. There are a lot of gamers that would be happy you did.
gandalf

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:14 pm

You know I still have stonekeep and I've yet to play it.

Before my computer was too bad, and then it was too good. Stupid DOS programs. T_T Either way I'd love to see a new one or just play the first one.
Gavin boyce

Return to Othor Games